F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Dont Shop with AVIN: no support
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Dont Shop with AVIN: no support

Having worked with many on this sight, I have to report back on my purchase experience with AVIN.
Having once been a fan of AVIN & purchasing their product, I can whole heartedly recommend you dont use them. I experienced unacceptable audio flaws in their product, and they have gone quiet on me for 30 days, not responding to my many email & phone requests for return & refund, even though that is their policy.
Seems very short sighted & a real lack of customer service. Im not trying to resolve this through PayPal & will update on how that goes.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED2550.00

      12-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
midnightf30
Private First Class
midnightf30's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2014 F30 328i BASE
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog99 View Post
Having worked with many on this sight, I have to report back on my purchase experience with AVIN.
Having once been a fan of AVIN & purchasing their product, I can whole heartedly recommend you dont use them. I experienced unacceptable audio flaws in their product, and they have gone quiet on me for 30 days, not responding to my many email & phone requests for return & refund, even though that is their policy.
Seems very short sighted & a real lack of customer service. Im not trying to resolve this through PayPal & will update on how that goes.
I can back this while saying yes the product works in MY application, the customer service is terrible. To get my product up and running again when I had issues it took a span of 6 months
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: Got my RMA number last night.

Well after 3 weeks of not having a response, I recieved my RMA number last night & am processing my return. So assuming that all goes well Ill update this thread accordingly. I wish I didnt have to go to the forums for help with that, or maybe it was a cooincidence, but I will keep everyone posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Major General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
2550
Rep
7,088
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cali

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog99 View Post
Having worked with many on this sight, I have to report back on my purchase experience with AVIN.
Having once been a fan of AVIN & purchasing their product, I can whole heartedly recommend you dont use them. I experienced unacceptable audio flaws in their product, and they have gone quiet on me for 30 days, not responding to my many email & phone requests for return & refund, even though that is their policy.
Seems very short sighted & a real lack of customer service. Im not trying to resolve this through PayPal & will update on how that goes.
So, nothing has changed with Avin.

As of Tuesday, same shit...different year.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #5
adrien78
Private
France
11
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: France, Versailles

iTrader: (0)

Pay with paypal only. I just opened a case with paypal because no answer from their support. You can be sure they will answer within the next 24h !
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #6
markdmor
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 528i E60
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

AVIN... no support

Same thing here... I bought their android v7.1 screen, Apple CarPlay adapter back-up camera, dash cam, and tire sensors. There are quite a few problems and bugs. I have not been able to get a hold of them for weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #7
BLVCKF30
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BLVCK F30
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: No. Cali

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing I have been on the verge of ordering the 10.25 7.1 screen from AVIN. But I value customer service a lot and these reviews definitely steered me away. Does anyone recommend any other reseller with better service? I don't mind paying more for better service.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #8
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: I did get a FULL refund from Avin. Now I had to open a case in paypal to get them to reply to me, but I did get it. Make your conclusions.

What I will say is that I ultimately bougth the Unichip Carplay box. If you want Carplay in a BMW, look into that. Its great, with great audio and Im very picky. PM me for more details if needed, everything is available here in the forum but Im happy to tell you my experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #9
lemonchicken
First Lieutenant
United_States
216
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i blue
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog99 View Post
UPDATE: I did get a FULL refund from Avin. Now I had to open a case in paypal to get them to reply to me, but I did get it. Make your conclusions.

What I will say is that I ultimately bougth the Unichip Carplay box. If you want Carplay in a BMW, look into that. Its great, with great audio and Im very picky. PM me for more details if needed, everything is available here in the forum but Im happy to tell you my experience.
And unichip has been great for me from a service standpoint. Difficult with the language barrier a bit, but overall very communicative. Responds several times each day when I was setting everything up. WAY BETTER than bimmer-tech.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #10
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchicken View Post
And unichip has been great for me from a service standpoint. Difficult with the language barrier a bit, but overall very communicative. Responds several times each day when I was setting everything up. WAY BETTER than bimmer-tech.
People need to know about the unichip solution.

Its $400ish & WAY better IMO than the $2500 full swap to a new NB system, or the cheap ass $500 AVIN type solution that does not deliver on its great promise.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #11
NVETHIS
Private First Class
16
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: '12 335i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

I would have to second this. I in no way want to bash a company but good lord this has to be one of my more regrettable purchases. My unit never worked fully as it was intended. The only thing it is capable of doing extremely well was replacing my 8.8" screen to a 10.25" to display my CIC, and that it does without issue. I never use the android side as it is garbage and ultimately always ends with NO SIGNAL. I didn't donnect the audio cable to the AUX port because it wasn't mentioned as necessary, so I do not have auything other than navigation audio. Android is dirt slow, close to unusable. Constantly having to email requesting software updates. It's just been a bad experience. My product is about 1.5 years old, so I'm hoping that whoever is buying their units, they have replaced with better hardware and a more stable system. If anyone wants my unit it's in the for sale section

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVETHIS View Post
I would have to second this. I in no way want to bash a company but good lord this has to be one of my more regrettable purchases. My unit never worked fully as it was intended. The only thing it is capable of doing extremely well was replacing my 8.8" screen to a 10.25" to display my CIC, and that it does without issue. I never use the android side as it is garbage and ultimately always ends with NO SIGNAL. I didn't donnect the audio cable to the AUX port because it wasn't mentioned as necessary, so I do not have auything other than navigation audio. Android is dirt slow, close to unusable. Constantly having to email requesting software updates. It's just been a bad experience. My product is about 1.5 years old, so I'm hoping that whoever is buying their units, they have replaced with better hardware and a more stable system. If anyone wants my unit it's in the for sale section

-NVE
The Magic question would be: Could I get the Unichip solution to plug inline with the AVIN screen upgrade. ie: Use AVIN ONLY as a screen upgrade like you said. It is big & clean & nice looking. And use Unichip for the actual carplay experience. THAT would be the MAGIC!

But unless someone else does it Ill never know cause Im done with AVIN.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #13
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
CleanKM's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: 2014 328d
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area

iTrader: (0)

I might have been the anomaly here. I jumped on the bandwagon as soon as it came out. The first gen they sent kept overheating and had audio issues where only one channel came through. I wrote back and forth with them for couple of days and finally they sent out a second generation (with a deposit ahead of time), for me to send back the first gen. Once they got it, it was a gentle nudge through email to remind them they have it at their California PO Box and they issued a refund. Haven't had any issues (knocks on wood) with the unit, but honestly all I use it for is CarPlay. I rooted the unit and stripped it down to the bare essentials and it autolaunches the CarPlay application.

I would agree with you though, it seems like a common thing with poor support through various members here. Next time, I wouldn't be an early adopter and wait for companies that have a tiny bit of reputation offer products such as this. For example, Xtrons just started carrying their branded version of the 7.1 unit: http://xtrons.com/10-25-android-mult...eries-nbt.html
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #14
Skeester
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i 6 mt
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

I just purchased one and it gets delivered tomorrow. I wish I would have seen this thread earlier.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:56 PM   #15
maddog99
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeester View Post
I just purchased one and it gets delivered tomorrow. I wish I would have seen this thread earlier.
THIS was my thoughts & why I came back to start this thread.
This community has been so good to me over the years, so Im happy to spread the good word when I have a legit good experience.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST