F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Mission performance tune experiences
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #45
dereksM3
Captain
dereksM3's Avatar
United_States
199
Rep
801
Posts

Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lynnwood, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
Umm, maybe you haven't read just about every single person here who has their tune but everybody has given them praise in their B58 flashes. Their customer support is lacking but you clearly can't state MP isn't good...especially being they are one of the only people to currently support BOTH B58 and 8HP flashing...

With all but 7 posts you might want to research a bit more before blasting a vendor who's helping push the envelope in regards to tuning...
Appreciate 4
      01-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #46
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
98
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

I agree with dereksM3. The products Mission Performance sells are the real deal, and I love the transmission flash I just got from them. Their customer support is indeed lacking in responsiveness but they’ve always eventually helped me. It’s not ideal but that doesn’t mean you should write the company off in its entirety.

The truth is my car is way faster now because of their engineering. So I don’t know how Bmwbeezy feels justified in saying that MP “isn’t that good”.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #47
j1980mac
Lieutenant
United_States
106
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra2814 View Post
Do you guys know if I can safely run the stage 2 tune with the stock downpipe? I really don't want to trade out my stock downpipe due to the silly emissions laws here in Cali, but want the extra power the stage 2 offers.
I wouldn't want to do it for long. I think our turbo deserves better.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #48
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
771
Rep
489
Posts


Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I appreciate your guys' support and good words. Our email/support for sure has been lacking, I can agree with that as it is a fact. Now that the flashes are all done and all of the encryption has finally been broken down by us, we can spend less time in the lab but more time answering questions and offering help/support.
Appreciate 4
nikman011138.00
Nugget247.00
Cruz30/40203.00
David0ff614.00

      01-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #49
RTPenland
Private First Class
126
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: BMWs (14 so far)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SanFran

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
"experiences" not "opinions"....

At best you are baiting the forum (good attempt), I tip my hat to you....at worst you don't understand the difference between someone asking for first had experiences vs opinions. Anyhoo maybe visuals work better for you...so here let me try to help you out:
Attached Images
 

Last edited by RTPenland; 01-09-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Appreciate 4
dereksM3199.00
Beek598.00

      01-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #50
Bmwbeezy
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Stock
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: La

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
Umm, maybe you haven't read just about every single person here who has their tune but everybody has given them praise in their B58 flashes. Their customer support is lacking but you clearly can't state MP isn't good...especially being they are one of the only people to currently support BOTH B58 and 8HP flashing...

With all but 7 posts you might want to research a bit more before blasting a vendor who's helping push the envelope in regards to tuning...
Based of that I have read and seen on both this forum and n54tech I PERSONALLY disagree however I'm not trying to bash them just gave my opinion if it "doesn't matter" then why go back and forth. This is a forum for open discussions opinions and experiences can vary.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #51
dereksM3
Captain
dereksM3's Avatar
United_States
199
Rep
801
Posts

Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lynnwood, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Based of that I have read and seen on both this forum and n54tech I PERSONALLY disagree however I'm not trying to bash them just gave my opinion if it "doesn't matter" then why go back and forth. This is a forum for open discussions opinions and experiences can vary.
I haven't seen the where MP is mentioned as being negative on here, maybe you can shine some light on that. In regards to N54Tech...being that forum is largely catered by a competing product whom most run JB4's that probably don't own an MP tune that's a stretch at best.

I never said your opinion doesn't matter, however the OP clearly stated this in his first sentence "those that have flashed mission performance's tune". You clearly haven't and basing your negative information on hearsay and not fact.

Last edited by dereksM3; 01-09-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #52
j1980mac
Lieutenant
United_States
106
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
Umm, maybe you haven't read just about every single person here who has their tune but everybody has given them praise in their B58 flashes. Their customer support is lacking but you clearly can't state MP isn't good...especially being they are one of the only people to currently support BOTH B58 and 8HP flashing...

With all but 7 posts you might want to research a bit more before blasting a vendor who's helping push the envelope in regards to tuning...
Based of that I have read and seen on both this forum and n54tech I PERSONALLY disagree however I'm not trying to bash them just gave my opinion if it "doesn't matter" then why go back and forth. This is a forum for open discussions opinions and experiences can vary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
Umm, maybe you haven't read just about every single person here who has their tune but everybody has given them praise in their B58 flashes. Their customer support is lacking but you clearly can't state MP isn't good...especially being they are one of the only people to currently support BOTH B58 and 8HP flashing...

With all but 7 posts you might want to research a bit more before blasting a vendor who's helping push the envelope in regards to tuning...
Based of that I have read and seen on both this forum and n54tech I PERSONALLY disagree however I'm not trying to bash them just gave my opinion if it "doesn't matter" then why go back and forth. This is a forum for open discussions opinions and experiences can vary.
Maybe my numbers will change your mind about Mission Performance when I get back on the dyno Friday. Do numbers speak to you?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 09:55 PM   #53
InstigatorX
Private
9
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i GC
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Let's not let a troll derail the thread. Keep the feedback coming. Each on-topic post convinces me to make the jump from my Dinan. The Dinan perf boost is good, but not nearly as smooth as stock acceleration. I like the what I'm hearing about stock feeling of MP tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #54
B58togo
Captain
366
Rep
710
Posts

Drives: M240i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
Hi there, little beezy; let me help you with the good....

https://www.google.com/search?q=miss...firefox-b-1-ab

Now please, show me the "not good things" about their product.....
__________________
2017 M240i AW/ ZF8/ black dakota/ HK/ navigation/ heated seats/ black kidneys/ BMS JB4 & intake/ ER DP/ BMS exhaust tips/ Apex EC-7/ Dinan springs/ RW Carbon mirror caps & spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #55
Nugget
Colonel
Nugget's Avatar
Australia
247
Rep
2,368
Posts

Drives: 2017 M140i, 1994 M3, 1997 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
I've been running the stage 2 tune since August, and the revised stage 2 tune since Mid December.
I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying, the product is great and Alex knows what he is doing.
But after sales service is very slow. Being in Australia I haven't tried calling, emails can take multiple attempts and weeks to get a response.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #56
chenry
Captain
300
Rep
971
Posts

Drives: 17' 340i MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Let's not let a troll derail the thread. Keep the feedback coming. Each on-topic post convinces me to make the jump from my Dinan. The Dinan perf boost is good, but not nearly as smooth as stock acceleration. I like the what I'm hearing about stock feeling of MP tune.
you are wasting time.....do it :-)
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2019, 12:35 AM   #57
Vinnie Stix
Private
Vinnie Stix's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i GT Xdrive M Package
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbeezy View Post
Mission performance isn't that good nor have I heard many good things about their product or customer service. I wouldn't recommend them
But that's just my opinion!
I have had the stage 2 flash since it was released and am one of the first 10 to do so. Alex has personally answered the phone and any emails I sent immediately. As a matter of fact I just emailed him yesterday about the trans flash and he got right back to me. I have heard nothing but good things about MP tunes. I understand some people have had trouble reaching them and their customer service is lacking. That is not my experience with MP. I have over 7000 miles with my stage 2 tune and have had zero issues...The car frankly is a beast. I will be purchasing the trans flash next week. But this is just my opinion!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #58
Cruz30/40
Lieutenant
Cruz30/40's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
574
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i w/ MPPSK
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany

iTrader: (0)

I have the MP stage 1 on my 340i that orginally had MPPSK tune. The performance gain throughout the rpm range is better especially on the top end. Comfort mode is a little quieter now which I like and sport/sport + is louder than before. I have already purchased the upgrade to stage 2. Just waiting for MP to send it to me. Customer service hasn't been that great as I was in on the group buy and ever since then they never get back to me on emails but recently I have always been able to get Alex on the phone when I call. It's hard to call though because I'm in Germany and MP is in Cali. Hope they get better at answering emails. I'm most likely going to get the trans flash as I really think they know what they're doing. If your on the fence about whether or not to purchase from them just do it, you won't regret it.
__________________
2018 X3 30i
2017 340i w/ MPPSK & Many M Performance Parts
2016 328i (wife's)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #59
E90ROXS
Lieutenant
E90ROXS's Avatar
50
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SJ

iTrader: (1)

So how many HP do you get with stage 2 and trans flash? I have dp and intake.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #60
B58
Lieutenant
B58's Avatar
173
Rep
547
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M-sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
So how many HP do you get with stage 2 and trans flash? I have dp and intake.
There is info on this thread: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1516067
__________________
| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| M-Performance exhaust | VRSF catless | BMS intake | JB4 | 100% Meth Injected |
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #61
GT500R
First Lieutenant
174
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
3 months
6,000+ miles
Multiple track runs

All good thus far, zero issues, drive-ability is inherently like stock until you go full throttle.

Best part is I can add E85 to the tank (E30 total mix) and the tune auto adjusts.

Like other said, NEED THAT TRANS TUNE PLEASEEEEEEE.
UPDATE:
7,000+ miles

Just uploaded Stage 3 and Stage 1 Transmission Tune with 93 octane

0-60 = 4.01
0-100 = 9.54
20-80 = 5.29
1/8 mile = 7.85 @ 90.21

Seems to be a smidge faster then my just Stage 2 E30 tune
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
JUST MP Stage 2+ ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s | E30 - 0-60 3.89
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #62
riskmaker76
Lieutenant
110
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 440 xi MPPSK JB4
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Socialist People's State of NY - Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Did you ever ride with a JB4 on top of your MPPSK?

Also did you ever get the tranny tune?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz30/40 View Post
I have the MP stage 1 on my 340i that orginally had MPPSK tune. The performance gain throughout the rpm range is better especially on the top end. Comfort mode is a little quieter now which I like and sport/sport + is louder than before. I have already purchased the upgrade to stage 2. Just waiting for MP to send it to me. Customer service hasn't been that great as I was in on the group buy and ever since then they never get back to me on emails but recently I have always been able to get Alex on the phone when I call. It's hard to call though because I'm in Germany and MP is in Cali. Hope they get better at answering emails. I'm most likely going to get the trans flash as I really think they know what they're doing. If your on the fence about whether or not to purchase from them just do it, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #63
Cruz30/40
Lieutenant
Cruz30/40's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
574
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i w/ MPPSK
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskmaker76 View Post
Did you ever ride with a JB4 on top of your MPPSK?

Also did you ever get the tranny tune?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz30/40 View Post
I have the MP stage 1 on my 340i that orginally had MPPSK tune. The performance gain throughout the rpm range is better especially on the top end. Comfort mode is a little quieter now which I like and sport/sport + is louder than before. I have already purchased the upgrade to stage 2. Just waiting for MP to send it to me. Customer service hasn't been that great as I was in on the group buy and ever since then they never get back to me on emails but recently I have always been able to get Alex on the phone when I call. It's hard to call though because I'm in Germany and MP is in Cali. Hope they get better at answering emails. I'm most likely going to get the trans flash as I really think they know what they're doing. If your on the fence about whether or not to purchase from them just do it, you won't regret it.
Yes & Yes
__________________
2018 X3 30i
2017 340i w/ MPPSK & Many M Performance Parts
2016 328i (wife's)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #64
rahlow
Private
United_States
21
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
UPDATE:
7,000+ miles

Just uploaded Stage 3 and Stage 1 Transmission Tune with 93 octane

0-60 = 4.01
0-100 = 9.54
20-80 = 5.29
1/8 mile = 7.85 @ 90.21

Seems to be a smidge faster then my just Stage 2 E30 tune

Just a smidge faster huh? I'd expect stage 3 and a trans tune to not only have faster numbers but feel faster than just a stage 2 as soon as you go WOT. A smidge implies u can't really feel the difference. Am I mistaken?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #65
GT500R
First Lieutenant
174
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlow View Post
Just a smidge faster huh? I'd expect stage 3 and a trans tune to not only have faster numbers but feel faster than just a stage 2 as soon as you go WOT. A smidge implies u can't really feel the difference. Am I mistaken?
Yes, you are comparing 93 octane tune to an E30 tune. The new 93 tune set up feels like the old E30 set up, but a smidge faster... so imagine the gains with E30 with the new tune (hint: going for 11.9 on E30 )

I did a before and after test with 93 and Stage 2 vs. Stage 3/Stage 1 -
0-100 in 9.78 vs. 9.54 (-.24 seconds or 31 feet ahead)
20-80 from 5.65 to 5.29 (-.36 seconds or 30 feet ahead)
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
JUST MP Stage 2+ ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s | E30 - 0-60 3.89
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #66
GT500R
First Lieutenant
174
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Also, not the same day, but gives you a relative idea what the gauges show -

Stage 2 ECU


Stage 3 ECU / Stage 1 Trans
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
JUST MP Stage 2+ ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s | E30 - 0-60 3.89
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST