F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Mercedes-AMG talk
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #1
FC05
Private
FC05's Avatar
36
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 (blk)/F31 335i (blk)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Taipei / West Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Mercedes-AMG talk

Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2019, 03:07 AM   #2
///M TOWN.
.
///M TOWN.'s Avatar
555
Rep
846
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
AMG LITE
Appreciate 1
FC0536.00

      01-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
chrisk03
Private First Class
chrisk03's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
For:
MB determines what is an AMG and they say the 43 is an AMG. A 43 owner gets access to the AMG Private Lounge and gets a day at the AMG Driving Academy when purchasing a 43.

Against:
An AMG is based on "one man, one engine" philosophy, meaning hand-built engine, which the 43's aren't. They aren't FULL AMG's...
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport (SOLD), BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
babaikram
Captain
262
Rep
920
Posts

Drives: G30 520D and m240i with MPE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
For:
MB determines what is an AMG and they say the 43 is an AMG. A 43 owner gets access to the AMG Private Lounge and gets a day at the AMG Driving Academy when purchasing a 43.

Against:
An AMG is based on "one man, one engine" philosophy, meaning hand-built engine, which the 43's aren't. They aren't FULL AMG's...
Well M performance cars are also provided by BMW during M driving days (especially m550i etc)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2258
Rep
2,930
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
It's just as bad over on the MB forums with the 43's vs the 63's.
Mercedes has a forum?
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 (All Gone)
4 ED's #5 Spring 2019
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #6
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2258
Rep
2,930
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
For:
MB determines what is an AMG and they say the 43 is an AMG. A 43 owner gets access to the AMG Private Lounge and gets a day at the AMG Driving Academy when purchasing a 43.

Against:
An AMG is based on "one man, one engine" philosophy, meaning hand-built engine, which the 43's aren't. They aren't FULL AMG's...
Well M performance cars are also provided by BMW during M driving days (especially m550i etc)
What cars are provided during ///M school?

It's rhetorical. I've done ///M school
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 (All Gone)
4 ED's #5 Spring 2019
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
chrisk03
Private First Class
chrisk03's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
Argument,
Do you think C43 real AMG cars ?
For:
MB determines what is an AMG and they say the 43 is an AMG. A 43 owner gets access to the AMG Private Lounge and gets a day at the AMG Driving Academy when purchasing a 43.

Against:
An AMG is based on "one man, one engine" philosophy, meaning hand-built engine, which the 43's aren't. They aren't FULL AMG's...
Well M performance cars are also provided by BMW during M driving days (especially m550i etc)
And? I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport (SOLD), BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #8
chrisk03
Private First Class
chrisk03's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Mercedes has a forum?
Not nearly as active or informative as here, but am BMW-less right now after going to the "dark side".
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport (SOLD), BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #9
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2258
Rep
2,930
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Not nearly as active or informative as here, but am BMW-less right now after going to the "dark side".
Haha. How dark? AMG dark?
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 (All Gone)
4 ED's #5 Spring 2019
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
Law4030.50

      01-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #10
ProperBimmer
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 15 X5, 14 335
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

After 19 years I think I'm going AMG or Audi.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #11
am3r1ka
Private First Class
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
After 19 years I think I'm going AMG or Audi.
Everyday I look at the AMG GT 4 door, it makes me want to jump ship. Really wish BMW would've kept their 6 series
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #12
JRobUSC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
445
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
Everyday I look at the AMG GT 4 door, it makes me want to jump ship. Really wish BMW would've kept their 6 series
Why? The M8 GC will look as good or better, cost the same, and outperform it. There’s nothing special about the AMG GT, besides Benz somehow convincing everyone it’s not just a CLS with a better name (which is all it actually is).
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #13
am3r1ka
Private First Class
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Why? The M8 GC will look as good or better, cost the same, and outperform it. There’s nothing special about the AMG GT, besides Benz somehow convincing everyone it’s not just a CLS with a better name (which is all it actually is).
As an overall package the Merc gets my vote. Looks aspects, the Merc looks more fit and lighter and way better interior. Kind of a let down with the 8 series looking so massive plus it's subdued interior. Now if Alpina get their hands on the 8 series, my mind might change.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #14
chrisk03
Private First Class
chrisk03's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Haha. How dark? AMG dark?
Yeah, AMG...well, depending on if a 43 qualifies or not. That said, I've enjoyed it and the MB experience so much, a 63 is probably in the future. The V8 sound is intoxicating and MB offers Android Auto, while BMW... Although, an M2 Comp is pretty alluring.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport (SOLD), BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #15
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2258
Rep
2,930
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Yeah, AMG...well, depending on if a 43 qualifies or not. That said, I've enjoyed it and the MB experience so much, a 63 is probably in the future. The V8 sound is intoxicating and MB offers Android Auto, while BMW... Although, an M2 Comp is pretty alluring.
Nice. I've contemplated going to the dark side and trying out a C63 AMG. ED is a must for me and I can do it on the 2 door C63.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 (All Gone)
4 ED's #5 Spring 2019
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #16
JRobUSC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
445
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
As an overall package the Merc gets my vote. Looks aspects, the Merc looks more fit and lighter and way better interior. Kind of a let down with the 8 series looking so massive plus it's subdued interior. Now if Alpina get their hands on the 8 series, my mind might change.
Would it still “look more fit and lighter” if they’d continued to name it “CLS”? It’s the same car. It’s not “more fit or lighter”, even if it “looks more fit and lighter”. Which I don’t think it does, but either way, it’s not. It’s a CLS that Mercedes has somehow managed to trick people into believing is something else. BMW comes out with an all-new 8-Series and everyone loses their minds for not calling it a 6. Meanwhile Benz straight renames CLS and the sheeple fawn over it. Because of course they do on this site. 🙄🤦🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:06 PM   #17
am3r1ka
Private First Class
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Would it still “look more fit and lighter” if they’d continued to name it “CLS”? It’s the same car. It’s not “more fit or lighter”, even if it “looks more fit and lighter”. Which I don’t think it does, but either way, it’s not. It’s a CLS that Mercedes has somehow managed to trick people into believing is something else. BMW comes out with an all-new 8-Series and everyone loses their minds for not calling it a 6. Meanwhile Benz straight renames CLS and the sheeple fawn over it. Because of course they do on this site. ������*♂️
Okay buddy have fun with your 8 series lmao
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #18
chrisk03
Private First Class
chrisk03's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Nice. I've contemplated going to the dark side and trying out a C63 AMG. ED is a must for me and I can do it on the 2 door C63.
I wanted to do ED, but just didn't work and actually the discount I got on the vehicle was better than ED. If you go AMG and ED, let me know and I'll send you the info for the MB ED guru in the US. He apparently is awesome and does pretty good deals.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport (SOLD), BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #19
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2258
Rep
2,930
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
I wanted to do ED, but just didn't work and actually the discount I got on the vehicle was better than ED. If you go AMG and ED, let me know and I'll send you the info for the MB ED guru in the US. He apparently is awesome and does pretty good deals.
Ya. Love ED but customers nowadays can get better deals with a regular US delivery car. A few years ago at least with BMW ED was awesome. Huge discount and great experience. Now it's for die hards that still want the experience. My wife and I love doing it and we have a new baby boy we want to take with us on our adventures.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 (All Gone)
4 ED's #5 Spring 2019
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #20
NathanK24
Private
United_States
17
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
As an overall package the Merc gets my vote. Looks aspects, the Merc looks more fit and lighter and way better interior. Kind of a let down with the 8 series looking so massive plus it's subdued interior. Now if Alpina get their hands on the 8 series, my mind might change.
Would it still “look more fit and lighter” if they’d continued to name it “CLS”? It’s the same car. It’s not “more fit or lighter”, even if it “looks more fit and lighter”. Which I don’t think it does, but either way, it’s not. It’s a CLS that Mercedes has somehow managed to trick people into believing is something else. BMW comes out with an all-new 8-Series and everyone loses their minds for not calling it a 6. Meanwhile Benz straight renames CLS and the sheeple fawn over it. Because of course they do on this site. 🙄🤦🏻*♂️
Only overlapping is the 53 designation trim. There will be no AMG CLS63 or CLS63S variants. GT 4-door also has upcoming 73 variant to compete with Panamera Turbo Hybrid. The GT 4-door was never meant to compete with anything in BMW's current lineup.

Can't hate Mercedes for simply having the resources and creating business cases to co-develop E-class, CLS, and GT 4-door. BMW only competes with 2/3 of those models. Their focus is on Porsche.
Appreciate 1
am3r1ka181.00

      01-14-2019, 09:03 PM   #21
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
2035
Rep
7,344
Posts

Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The AMG Lite cars are the same as M Sport or Audi S Line. MB is just dodgier with their naming. I'm pretty sure none of the Lite cars even make the trip to Affalterbach.

M, AMG and RS remain at the top, with increasing levels of even those lines, AMG S, M Competition and RS Performance options.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #22
s0211
Private
s0211's Avatar
62
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

"One man, one engine." If it's mass produced, it's not a real AMG. It's pretty black and white lol
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST