F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMS OBDII CAN flap module
GetBMWParts

01-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '16 Tesla X.

BMS OBDII CAN flap module

Anybody have experience with this to control your exhaust valves? I have MPPSK on my 440i and would love to be able to control the exhaust valves without having to change drive modes.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
grantheider
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i xDrive with MPPSK

Thumbs up

Yes, I have a 440i with full MPPSK and it works great! It simply just plugs into your OBD II port. If you set it to open, it will always keep the valves open no matter what. When starting up the car, you want to turn the electronics on first then you'll hear the valve open a second later and then you can start the car with the valves open. It will blow you away!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 11:49 PM   #3
jebs2k
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 435

on the flip side, if you set it to closed, will it be a quiet startup? cuz I know the regular mppsk startup is always loud for the first 10 seconds at least
      01-28-2019, 01:12 AM   #4
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs2k View Post
on the flip side, if you set it to closed, will it be a quiet startup? cuz I know the regular mppsk startup is always loud for the first 10 seconds at least
Start up is loud because the turbo waste gate is open to get the emission system up to temp faster and not because the exhaust valves are open. Start up will be much louder if you have the exhaust valves open in addition to the waste gate.
      01-29-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
suakoe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Yes, I have a 440i with full MPPSK and it works great! It simply just plugs into your OBD II port. If you set it to open, it will always keep the valves open no matter what. When starting up the car, you want to turn the electronics on first then you'll hear the valve open a second later and then you can start the car with the valves open. It will blow you away!

I never tried it before. But, I will try and see if it works. And also I need to know a question answer. I am thinking to buy an expensive scan tool Autel MS906 Review 2019: Maxisys Automotive Diagnostic Scanner. Its price almost $1100. Do you think this kind expensive diagnostic scanner worth to buy?
I am thinking to buy this professional scanner today to check my car problems.

Last edited by suakoe; Today at 10:15 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '16 Tesla X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantheider View Post
Great, thanks for the feedback. Just curious, how and where do you store the cabling extending from the OBDII port?? Under the floor mat?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:43 AM   #7
grantheider
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i xDrive with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpchamp View Post
Great, thanks for the feedback. Just curious, how and where do you store the cabling extending from the OBDII port?? Under the floor mat?
Yes. I fed the cable under the floor mat and the module just sits in between the center tunnel and my seat.
Appreciate 0