F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches > Fake Watches -- Does it really matter?
GetBMWParts

01-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #661
MGM135is
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque328 View Post
Being fairly new to BMW would someone care to explain to me the big deal about watches and the BMW/watch connection? I see more threads on watches than anything else.
Most BMW owners are superficial, materialistic douches....that's the stereotype anyway.
Appreciate 2
Dang3r1724.50

01-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #662
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Most men into cars are also into watches, guns, gear and so on.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #663
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
True. Minus the guns part. Heck, I'm a native Texan! I own a pair of pistols for family protection. I don't get into regular trips to the firing range. The last few times I did, I feel very competent I can hit whatever I'm trying to.

Now... Clothes, Shoes, Furniture, Food and Drinks... That's my shit!!!

*edit. Although I appreciate nice, expensive watches, they are simply not my thing. The most expensive one I own is a Rado full tungsten @ $3k I bought nearly 20years ago. I love chunky watches since I have big wrists. I own 4 Nixon 51-30. I have a nice Seiko and a couple Invicta. They work and satisfy my watch needs.
But believe me when I say, that I have other vices that I spend my cash on. Home Theater being a huge one! And clothes!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 01-08-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #664
P1et
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: my wife's cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
True. Minus the guns part. Heck, I'm a native Texan! I own a pair of pistols for family protection. I don't get into regular trips to the firing range. The last few times I did, I feel very competent I can hit whatever I'm trying to.

*edit. Although I appreciate nice, expensive watches, they are simply not my thing. The most expensive one I own is a Rado full tungsten @ $3k I bought nearly 20years ago. I love chunky watches since I have big wrists. I own 4 Nixon 51-30. I have a nice Seiko and a couple Invicta. They work and satisfy my watch needs.
But believe me when I say, that I have other vices that I spend my cash on. Home Theater being a huge one! And clothes!
Same. I have one nice watch. Very little desire to buy a second one.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE3072.00

01-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #665
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Okay they tend to go together but each has his own preferred pile of man stuff they like. Juat dont collect skinny jeans or man bun rubber bands or whatever they use.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE3072.00

01-09-2019, 12:15 AM   #666
F30dud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 340 msport

My wife brought me a Rolex from NY, fake. I have never wore it, because i have a Rolex 1623 datejust gold 18k 2 tone. Its so nice and shinny i never wanna wear anything else.

Other than that i wear a Casio old school, and i have a couple Bulovas.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 03:37 AM   #667
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

Quote:

Same here, whats the real purpose for very expensive watches aside from show off or personal climaxes? They show the time...thats it. No more.
I own an expensive watch since military times and few other very cheap ones with dual timezones for traveling. If one of them get lost, bummer, but fate.

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer has warned you about
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE3072.00

01-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #668
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Walking Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Quote:

Same here, whats the real purpose for very expensive watches aside from show off or personal climaxes? They show the time...thats it. No more.
I own an expensive watch since military times and few other very cheap ones with dual timezones for traveling. If one of them get lost, bummer, but fate.
It's just about the only piece of jewelry a man can wear... one could argue an Iphone 6s works as well as a Xs but... or a Hinda Civic works as well as a BMW
Appreciate 2
Dang3r1724.50

01-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #669
porsche959
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: porsche

some are frighteningly good

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #670
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Can you still get a fake rolex on Canal St. in NYC?
      01-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #671
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It's just about the only piece of jewelry a man can wear...
I was actually about to respond that, in affect, watches are Jewelry. And obviously some jewelry is more expensive than others as we all know.

I disagree that a watch is the "only jewelry a man can wear" comment.

Couple of examples:

I have a very unique 14k two-tone gold necklace I purchased about 20yrs ago (can't recall the link style but I have never seen anyone with it or in any fine jewelry store or online). I don't wear it everyday. But when I do, I get compliments. It isn't gaudy and ridiculous but it's not dainty either. Many times my wife and I are about to leave the house, and she will ask me to wear it. Because all these years later, she still likes it. And I like that she likes it.

I also have a couple of bracelets: gold, silver, leather, tungsten carbide. I occasionally wear. Which she also likes.
And then I have my personal favorite jewelry to wear. Which isn't expensive at all but gets the most compliments from complete strangers: A matching Tigers Eye necklace and bracelet.

Now I don't wear things "for compliments". I buy/wear them because I like it! Compliments are a nice bonus.

In my experience, having friends and family who do own expensive Breitling, Rolex, Tag, etc. They generally don't wear any other jewelry. Coincidence? Maybe.

So the most appealing expensive watch to me forever, has been the Breitling Navitimer 01 46 AB012721/C889-453A

I've eyeballed this watch for years. And could've bought it at any time. But I just can't/won't fork over $7k for it. Why? It's a watch! LOL! Sure, it's a very pretty watch to me. But I have very pretty watches that I really enjoy that cost a fraction of that and serve the same purpose. And please don't try to make the "BMW vs Chevy/Honda are just cars too". Whole different scenario there.
But I will and have spent over $7k on furniture. And would do so again in the future if my wife and I move or want a change of home decor. And that doesn't include my Home Theater setup which was considerably higher. Some folks would never consider spending what I have on such items. Just like I wouldn't consider spending on a watch.
It all comes down to two words "personal preference". And at the end of the day, it's what makes us all unique.

Again, it's YOUR hard earned ca$h! Spend it how you see fit and enjoy your investment.

I like how for the most part, this thread has not been a 'pissing contest or flame fest'. Just us grown men, discussing our opinions and fondness for certain things.
      01-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #672
MGM135is
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
And twins!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #673
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It's just about the only piece of jewelry a man can wear...
I was actually about to respond that, in affect, watches are Jewelry. And obviously some jewelry is more expensive than others as we all know.

I disagree that a watch is the "only jewelry a man can wear" comment.

Couple of examples:

I have a very unique 14k two-tone gold necklace I purchased about 20yrs ago (can't recall the link style but I have never seen anyone with it or in any fine jewelry store or online). I don't wear it everyday. But when I do, I get compliments. It isn't gaudy and ridiculous but it's not dainty either. Many times my wife and I are about to leave the house, and she will ask me to wear it. Because all these years later, she still likes it. And I like that she likes it.

I also have a couple of bracelets: gold, silver, leather, tungsten carbide. I occasionally wear. Which she also likes.
And then I have my personal favorite jewelry to wear. Which isn't expensive at all but gets the most compliments from complete strangers: A matching Tigers Eye necklace and bracelet.

Now I don't wear things "for compliments". I buy/wear them because I like it! Compliments are a nice bonus.

In my experience, having friends and family who do own expensive Breitling, Rolex, Tag, etc. They generally don't wear any other jewelry. Coincidence? Maybe.

So the most appealing expensive watch to me forever, has been the Breitling Navitimer 01 46 AB012721/C889-453A

I've eyeballed this watch for years. And could've bought it at any time. But I just can't/won't fork over $7k for it. Why? It's a watch! LOL! Sure, it's a very pretty watch to me. But I have very pretty watches that I really enjoy that cost a fraction of that and serve the same purpose. And please don't try to make the "BMW vs Chevy/Honda are just cars too". Whole different scenario there.
But I will and have spent over $7k on furniture. And would do so again in the future if my wife and I move or want a change of home decor. And that doesn't include my Home Theater setup which was considerably higher. Some folks would never consider spending what I have on such items. Just like I wouldn't consider spending on a watch.
It all comes down to two words "personal preference". And at the end of the day, it's what makes us all unique.

Again, it's YOUR hard earned ca$h! Spend it how you see fit and enjoy your investment.

I like how for the most part, this thread has not been a 'pissing contest or flame fest'. Just us grown men, discussing our opinions and fondness for certain things.
Where are the women at?

01-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #674
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Where are the women at?
That's by default!
      01-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #675
ny325
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Fake watch,why? When you could buy a automatic, good quality watch for under $300. Seiko, and Tissot are a couple.
Appreciate 1
WIKDF80268.00