F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > AutoCheck is a joke....
ARMA SPEED

10-25-2021, 10:23 PM   #1
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

AutoCheck is a joke....

recently put my car on Vroom to see what they would offer me for shits and gigs

They recently offered me over $2K more for my Cayman S than I payed for it over two years ago, but was shocked by how low their offer was for my F32

It was about 1/3 of KBB value, so I called them to find out why?

Guy says there was an odometer discrepancy on the Carfax but cant tell me anything about it...I'm like wtf I bought the car from BMW in Phoenix with 9,800 miles on it CPO (it now has 43K) so I call the dealer and tell them the story and have them run a Carfax for me to what's up...Guy says he's looking at the Carfax right now and there is nothing on there? He sends me copy and sure enough it is clean as a whistle...so I call Vroom back to let them know they made some sort of mistake and they guy checks on it and comes back and says, not Carfax but AutoCheck that has the odometer discrepancy

Those idiot robots at AutoCheck are confused because I bought it in AZ and registered it in California, but had 11,200 on it by time I registered it 10 days later and now I have to deal with a bunch of bullshit with the DMV to get these idiots to clear the red flag

seems I am not alone as there are tons of complaints about this company doing this kind of garbage to tons of people when you look them up on BBB

The saleswoman at the Audi dealership where I checked out a used Model S the other day, said they were a joke and that they only use CarFax and I shouldn't worry about it, but it just pisses me off that there is a company out there like this that is so bad and does nothing but pawn you off to the DMV to fix their mistake on something so fuggin obvious.

end rant
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Even carfax is no guarantee. I had a small dent fixed on the F31 and they reported as the entire left side, front to rear. I had to jump though hoops to convice people it was just a ding.

Autocheck didn't get the info, good for me. But on that alone, they suck.
Appreciate 0