F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 Fuse box question
Extreme Powerhouse

09-24-2018, 06:24 AM   #1
trdiablo
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30

F30 Fuse box question

Hi, I need to pull a cable from front fuse box 27 to seat connector pin 1.

I opened fuse box lid. Then I lifted the entire fuse box out of its place so I could see the bottom part. I am just missing once piece of the puzzle. Do I connect my cable to top or bottom row. It seems there are 2 ports I can plug it in for 27. I understood this is noob question but I would like to double check to be sure.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

If its a non-existing fuse location, you will need to install it on the bottom one. The fuse will make contact with the connector you are inserting (at the end of your wire). The other end of the fuse attaches to the internal board providing the +12V.

In some cases, BMW adds an additional circuit to the same fuse. In these cases the connector is a twin connector - main one latches to the bottom to make contact with the fuse and it has an attached side terminal allowing for another connector on that same fuse. Hope that makes sense. Wish I had photo examples to help explain.

In any case, if you pull out the plug and look closely, you will see that the only "port" that will make contact with the fuse will be the bottom one.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
trdiablo
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
If its a non-existing fuse location, you will need to install it on the bottom one. The fuse will make contact with the connector you are inserting (at the end of your wire). The other end of the fuse attaches to the internal board providing the +12V.

In some cases, BMW adds an additional circuit to the same fuse. In these cases the connector is a twin connector - main one latches to the bottom to make contact with the fuse and it has an attached side terminal allowing for another connector on that same fuse. Hope that makes sense. Wish I had photo examples to help explain.

In any case, if you pull out the plug and look closely, you will see that the only "port" that will make contact with the fuse will be the bottom one.
Thanks for your reply. I had plugged in the top one and still nothing worked. Then I tried to pull it back out but whatever I tried I couldn't get it back out 😀.

In the weekend I will have more time so I will unplug it and connect to bottom row. Hopefully all will be fine then.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0