F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 3 Series LCI: Information, Pictures and Videos
Studio RSR

05-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #419
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
[IMG]http://f30.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...70_highRes.jpg" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://f30.bimmerpos...ighRes.jpg</a>[/IMG]
Us In the States want and need Fog Lights on the M Sport models, and for all models for that mater!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #420
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The 3er in Europe is considered as the best car in the real world for the customer. And when I say the real world the customer that needs efficiency especially for tax reasons and the best in class dynamics comfort and refinement so the car fulfils a multitude of tasks.

The LCi represents these changes over multiple abilities. You might be disappointed because there is not much to see much but in all honesty what needed changed and it was very minor has been fulfilled so the car elevates and continues to represent the best car in the real world.

Americans might be salivating over the 340i but in the real world where efficiency and fuel costs matter there will be customers excited about the lower engined models and the updates to best selling popular models. Especially that for many 3er ownership especially with the new 318i with the amazing Three cylinder is now reachable.
Hey Scott,

What can you tell us about the 330e? was it developed by the BMW i team or a separate group of people? For a while I've been dreaming of i8 tech in a 3/4 series and this looks like it might be it.

And re: pricing, will it stay around the current active hybrid?

Will we be lucky enough to see this come to the 4er coupe/vert/gc?

Excited for this one.

Last edited by x5love; 05-11-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #421
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

They hate us us they ain't us!!

The new looks is cool, except the led lights could have been a full circle.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #422
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Did anyone notice that the "Sport Line" sounds Great?! Seems like it has an Exhaust!! That's great!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:47 PM   #423
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
Damn'it is halogen STILL standard? Still think xenon should be standard equipped in all F30's... They are a part of the BMW DNA...

It's the damn DRL from the 2AT
No kidding. It's really laughable for a $33k (starting price) car. At this point, I'm willing to explore Chinese manufactured $40-$50 HID retrofits for the 3 series I bought the parents.
      05-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #424
Labeef
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320I Sport/Xenon

I may have missed it, but are LED fog lights standard or an upgrade on the LCI? It would be especially nice with the lighting package. Looks really dumb to have halogen fogs with Zenons or LED.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 12:28 AM   #425
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl
Quote:
Damn'it is halogen STILL standard? Still think xenon should be standard equipped in all F30's... They are a part of the BMW DNA...

It's the damn DRL from the 2AT
No kidding. It's really laughable for a $33k (starting price) car. At this point, I'm willing to explore Chinese manufactured $40-$50 HID retrofits for the 3 series I bought the parents.
Exactly! And it looks like xenons is not even an option anymore? Pure halogen or LED
      05-12-2015, 01:16 AM   #426
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_hf View Post
I's also the lack of torque steer, serenity in motoring and overall premium quality feel of the car.

And manufacturers have to achieve a average low emission number, by making smaller engined cars, they enable themselves to build high power cars as well. Otherwise they'd only be building the average 200-250 hp cars and cars like the M5 are no longer possible. The enthusiast actually NEEDS these low power cars in the range of the manufacturer, although very few really understand this. Let BMW build cars like the 2AT, they will sell big time (they are selling like hot cakes over here already) and let them build quite genious 1,5 litre 3 cylinder on boost (it actually runs quite nice) to allow BMW to build the really fun cars.
I agree completely. Same reason why Cayenne is very important for GT series 911 fans.

I just switched to m3 so i am perfectly fine with 318 owners getting the quiet ride and soft suspension to enable F80 to exist

The path to an m car often starts with a non m 3er so i hope those cars will still be sporty enough to spark interest for others. (Ie if we keep down the path of making 3er ultimate commuter at what point does it become ES Lexus....)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 02:08 AM   #427
Devoin
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamezE36 View Post
The i8 uses the same powerplant but produces 251bhp, albeit with a bigger turbocharger.
Im sure there is more power to be extracted from that engine. The biggest plus side of the 3 cylinder in my mind is the noise, its so much better than a 4 cylinder!
Yes!
The sound is awesome,i really liked it too
By the way there is a review of 1 series on youtube, its 1.5cc 180hp.
I'm little bit confused,uploaded in 2012.
Is it a test car or tuned engine? If not why they didn't use it with this hp.

What do you think?

Last edited by Devoin; 05-12-2015 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #428
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
[IMG]http://f30.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...70_highRes.jpg" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://f30.bimmerpos...ighRes.jpg</a>[/IMG]
Us In the States want and need Fog Lights on the M Sport models, and for all models for that mater!
I do not

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #429
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

For anyone interested, the full international press release (Press Kit) which contains some additional material not published in this thread, is linked below:

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...tem=node__4143

The Press Kit contains the following:

International Press Release in 4 languages (EN, ES, IT, FR)

Photo Compilation: 7 sets with 129 photos (JPG low or high resolution)
  1. The new BMW 3 Series Sedan. Model M Sport.
  2. The new BMW 3 Series Sedan. Model Sport Line.
  3. The new BMW 320d Touring EfficientDynamics Edition. Model Sport Line.
  4. The new BMW 3 Series Touring. Model Luxury Line.
  5. Engines.
  6. The new BMW M3.
  7. On Location.
Video Compilation: 3 sets with 12 videos (QuickTime MOV HD)
  1. World Premiere of the new BMW 3 Series and its anniversary - General Shots.
  2. World Premiere - Dr. Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW.
  3. World Premiere - Karim Habib, Head of Design BMW.
  4. BMW 340i Sedan with M Sport Package.
  5. BMW 340i Sedan Sport Line, Design Exterior.
  6. BMW 340i Sedan Sport Line, Design Interior.
  7. BMW 340i Sedan Sport Line, Driving Scenes.
  8. BMW 330d Touring Luxury Line, Design Exterior.
  9. BMW 330d Touring Luxury Line, Design Interior.
  10. BMW 330d Touring Luxury Line, Driving Scenes.
  11. BMW 3 Series Sedan and Touring.
  12. The new BMW 3 Series - Online Clip.

Last edited by bcoz; 05-12-2015 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #430
SamGh
The Mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30, 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post
suspension and steering > cosmetic improvements

Come on!
Dude, read! I was talking about cosmetic only !
      05-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #431
Spartan
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
I do not

+1

They don't look the best on the F30 and I'm pretty sure foglights don't actually serve a real purpose on the F30.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2015, 12:13 AM   #432
TheFleetingFox
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Confused, can anyone clarify?

Will the interior/exterior changes be coming to the 328i?

Or will that stuff come next year when 328i becomes 330i?

When is the LCI starting production for U.S?

Leather is no longer included in Premium package!? Is it going into another option package or will it be standalone?

I personally prefer having leather over LEDs.... can stand the BMW faux leather. Mercedes is much better and Lexus is the best (actually feels like leather).
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #433
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFleetingFox View Post

Leather is no longer included in Premium package!? Is it going into another option package or will it be standalone?

I personally prefer having leather over LEDs.... can stand the BMW faux leather. Mercedes is much better and Lexus is the best (actually feels like leather).
AFAIK, the F30 328i goes into production in July 2015 (Munich) and August 2015 (Rosslyn, SA). For the US market, the engine change and re-badging will happen in Spring or Summer 2016.

I think leather is a standalone option for the LCI, but I'm not sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #434
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:

Forget the badge, forget the engine. The changes as described apply to LCI, not to the badge or the engine.

As a matter of fact, engine changes don't necessarily coincide with LCI. Sometimes LCI includes new engines, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes engines change independently from everything else.

So, again, forget what's written on the trunk. Starting July, it'll be the LCI model, period.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #435
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Forget the badge, forget the engine. The changes as described apply to LCI, not to the badge or the engine.

As a matter of fact, engine changes don't necessarily coincide with LCI. Sometimes LCI includes new engines, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes engines change independently from everything else.

So, again, forget what's written on the trunk. Starting July, it'll be the LCI model, period.
For clarity, for the F30 and F31. Not the F32, F33, or F36.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

05-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #436
TheFleetingFox
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
AFAIK, the F30 328i goes into production in July 2015 (Munich) and August 2015 (Rosslyn, SA). For the US market, the engine change and re-badging will happen in Spring or Summer 2016.

I think leather is a standalone option for the LCI, but I'm not sure.
Thanks! To you as well as to the others who replied.

They're making a lot of the Sport package features standard..... so I wonder how this will affect the base MSRP for the cars....

My car was $48k but if they make leather standalone that instantly makes my same car $50k...... Dang options game!

IMO like Audi, leather should be standard, and upgraded (Nappa ) optional.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #437
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! To you as well as to the others who replied.

They're making a lot of the Sport package features standard..... so I wonder how this will affect the base MSRP for the cars....

My car was $48k but if they make leather standalone that instantly makes my same car $50k...... Dang options game!

IMO like Audi, leather should be standard, and upgraded (Nappa ) optional.
The laws of supply and demand (mostly demand in this case) - Audi and other brands have to offer more standard features to entice consumers to choose their products.

Having said that, BMW knows their customers are still price sensitive; they will not make feature and option changes that cause dramatic price increases. My prediction is that the price of the LEDs will drop to the current price of the xenons. If BMWNA pulls leather from the premium package and replaces it with LEDs the price of the package will drop. BMW has held the line on option prices remarkably well over the years. Leather as a stand alone option has not increased in price for more than a decade. The same is true for many other options.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

05-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #438
TheFleetingFox
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
The laws of supply and demand (mostly demand in this case) - Audi and other brands have to offer more standard features to entice consumers to choose their products.

Having said that, BMW knows their customers are still price sensitive; they will not make feature and option changes that cause dramatic price increases. My prediction is that the price of the LEDs will drop to the current price of the xenons. If BMWNA pulls leather from the premium package and replaces it with LEDs the price of the package will drop. BMW has held the line on option prices remarkably well over the years. Leather as a stand alone option has not increased in price for more than a decade. The same is true for many other options.
Makes sense IF the price of the package drops. They are always looking for ways to make more money... this could be one of them.

Real headache would be that I have to add yet another package to my list of must haves, which makes finding the car I want even harder/more expensive.

I REALLY hope they aren't going the MB way and trying to make leather almost impossible to get on the lower end cars.

Can't stand the BMW faux at all..... at least MB is tolerable.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #439
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Exactly! And it looks like xenons is not even an option anymore? Pure halogen or LED
I also gathered that thought. I love xenon headlights. The current BMW LED headlights are not to my personal liking at all. I do not like the horizontal LED lighting piece, and especially the "halogen" interior housing. I love other manufacturers' LEDs, as they look like little jewels. Those other LEDs that look like jewels look so sexy and beautiful, a work of art actually (Benz). IMO BMW current LEDs just look very ... crude. Every time I see these BMW LEDs on the street in the X6s and 3/4 ers, I despise them even more. I understand that BMW attempted to separate itself in the LED business from other car makerswith making them look different, however, they could have come up with a much better design.
I also noticed that during the night, these BMW LED corona circular lights, seem to merge into one long headlight. There’s no distinguished visibility between the two corona lights on each side. However, with the xenons, you can certainly see the two corona circles on each side very clearly. With BMW LEDs, the BMW trademark look of the corona lights, disappear. Again, this is in my opinion, and what it seems to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:37 AM   #440
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Do we think BMW will share the details of the suspension changes, I am curious what changed for RWD and very interested in Xdrive models...

I suppose tho based on how much confusion still exists around xdrive vs RWD suspensions i doubt they will detail it out. (not asking for information, just commenting on how this board has to constantly answer questions on suspensions because BMW does not make it clear online or in their print materials)
Appreciate 0