F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY: BMW F30 Parking Assistant(Park Assist) Retrofit
Extreme Powerhouse

07-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #67
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Not possible on xf I’ve bc of hydraulic steering rack not being fully electronic. Or something like that lol
If anyone was also wondering. Which sux. At first I liked that I have xdrive, now not so much smh
Thanks for this info! Every so often, it will bug me not knowing what exactly was the reason for this retrofit to not work on xdrives. I was pretty close to just trying it out but thankfully, saw this post and can lay it to rest haha.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2018, 01:29 AM   #68
ehssan_alkhiyami
I don't drive fast , i fly very low
Germany
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 , F31 320D Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Thanks for this info! Every so often, it will bug me not knowing what exactly was the reason for this retrofit to not work on xdrives. I was pretty close to just trying it out but thankfully, saw this post and can lay it to rest haha.

I have F31 xdrive and i have EPS , so depending on which year your xdrive was produced
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #69
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami View Post
I have F31 xdrive and i have EPS , so depending on which year your xdrive was produced
Mine's pre-LCI, MY 4/13 so it won't work.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #70
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Mine's pre-LCI, MY 4/13 so it won't work.
there is a big chance that you have electric steering wheel , it was introduced to all F3x Xdrive models from beginning of 2013 .

mine is 03/2014 and I have ESP and when I looked at ETK i see that my model comes with PMA .

don't you have ISTA-D or Esys to confirm if you have ESP module .

or easiest way to find out is when you switch on the ignition without engine started , if you see the orange steering wheel sign to the left lower corner of the instrument cluster ( stays a second or 2 ) then you are good to go .
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #71
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
there is a big chance that you have electric steering wheel , it was introduced to all F3x Xdrive models from beginning of 2013 .

mine is 03/2014 and I have ESP and when I looked at ETK i see that my model comes with PMA .

don't you have ISTA-D or Esys to confirm if you have ESP module .

or easiest way to find out is when you switch on the ignition without engine started , if you see the orange steering wheel sign to the left lower corner of the instrument cluster ( stays a second or 2 ) then you are good to go .

I do have the steering wheel light that goes on for 2 seconds and I just checked on esys and I do have the EPS module!

So if I have the EPS module, I should be good to go?

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #72
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

ESP ???? , looks like after 5 beers my processor started executing wrong binaries lool ,

so EPS means you have Electric steering , there is no half Electric steering rack.

and frankly speaking I couldn't find any information on any F30 Xdrive with Hydraulic steering , even ETK shows EPS rack from the first production Xdrive unless this is wrong information .
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #73
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
ESP ???? , looks like after 5 beers my processor started executing wrong binaries lool ,

so EPS means you have Electric steering , there is no half Electric steering rack.

and frankly speaking I couldn't find any information on any F30 Xdrive with Hydraulic steering , even ETK shows EPS rack from the first production Xdrive unless this is wrong information .
Haha, sorry, I meant EPS. I guess theres only one real way to find out if it works with pre-LCI xdrive. Sucks that I cant find the parking assistant module state side for a good price. This will be a (slow) work in progress. I will report back at some point when I get all the parts.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #74
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

Just want to note that I think you can order 61119293040 (picture up on ECS tuning) for the connectors and wiring instead of buying them individually. Should come out cheaper this way.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:26 AM   #75
ekucet
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 320i ED Sport Plus LCI

Hello everyone, I can not see the photos. Is there a problem with me?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #76
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekucet View Post
Hello everyone, I can not see the photos. Is there a problem with me?
Can you access photobucket.com from your country? The photos are loading for me.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...Bumper%201.jpg

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #77
ekucet
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 320i ED Sport Plus LCI

Quote:
Can you access photobucket.com from your country? The photos are loading for me.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...Bumper%201.jpg
thank you bro... I'm using VPN.. I'm showing right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 08:27 AM   #78
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drapi13 View Post
So i did find what was the problem, in my case it was the PMA g2, i retrofitted PMA Gen2 but i didn't have the additional 2 sensors on rear bumper, so i hanged the values :

MACRO_PMA_EINPARKEN > gen2_ohne_konf
COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2

To :

MACRO_PMA_EINPARKEN > gen1_ohne_konf
COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen1

And everything start to work perfectly
i have did 3 cars so far with PMA gen2 , and because of this wrong statement ( in my believe ) , i tried to make PMA to work without the rear sensors installation.

and guess what happens !!!!!!!! , you can't even have anything working , not even the standard PDC option to work without adding the rear sensors .

so I came up with a conclusion that maybe you have installed PMA Gen1 in your car

PMA gen2 module will not work without a total of 12 sensors installed .

I spent almost 2 weeks trying tons of coding in several modules trying to have PMA Gen2 to work without the rear side sensors , impossible .

I even looked at all the LCI BMW models which shares the same version of PMA , all 1 and 2 and 3 series LCI have rear sensors installed from factory .

I thought to share my finding in case someone read this post and decided to go ahead and order Gen2 PMA assuming it works without rear sensors .
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #79
Fabio979
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 Msport AlpinWeiss

i've follow retrofit instruction.

bought all from etk for my f31 late 2014

PMA sensor n. 33861861 and PMA Ecu n. 6864898

i always got error in pma ecu, variante sensor error.
someone can help me to solve?
are really sensor compatibility issue?

ebay item are:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/BMW-F20-F21-...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Parksensor-6...72.m2749.l2649

many thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #80
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio979 View Post
i've follow retrofit instruction.

bought all from etk for my f31 late 2014

PMA sensor n. 33861861 and PMA Ecu n. 6864898

i always got error in pma ecu, variante sensor error.
someone can help me to solve?
are really sensor compatibility issue?

ebay item are:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/BMW-F20-F21-...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Parksensor-6...72.m2749.l2649

many thanks

those are Chinese clone PDC sensors , as mentioned in this thread earlier that cheap ones will not work , even though the sellers claims it's same part number , even if the sensor has part number written on it . such price confirms its Chinese copy .

I have 2 black PMA sensors Original BMW , I'm in Germany if you are interested I can sell them to you in a good price .
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #81
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
i have did 3 cars so far with PMA gen2 , and because of this wrong statement ( in my believe ) , i tried to make PMA to work without the rear sensors installation.

and guess what happens !!!!!!!! , you can't even have anything working , not even the standard PDC option to work without adding the rear sensors .so I came up with a conclusion that maybe you have installed PMA Gen1 in your car PMA gen2 module will not work without a total of 12 sensors installed .

I spent almost 2 weeks trying tons of coding in several modules trying to have PMA Gen2 to work without the rear side sensors , impossible .
I even looked at all the LCI BMW models which shares the same version of PMA , all 1 and 2 and 3 series LCI have rear sensors installed from factory .

I thought to share my finding in case someone read this post and decided to go ahead and order Gen2 PMA assuming it works without rear sensors .

From looking up part numbers RealOEM (bumpers & listed quantities of sensors), I don't think that any of the PMA boxes support 12 sensors.

I was recently in a 2018 440 with 360° PDC coverage. In addition to displaying the side PDC, it offered the Auto-PDC detection. It only had 10 sensors.

I think the reason why ehssan_alkhiyami has been unable to get the side PDC to work is because the LCI2 rear bumpers have the two rear outside PDC sensors facing out to sides rather than straight back. (see bottom photo).

At the time I assumed I would need the newer PMA # 66337938190 like the 2018 440 loaner had. So I ordered the 66337938190 PMA from cars245.com last week thinking this newer PMA with some coding would give me the Auto-PDC feature. However, now that Ive come across this retrofit thread today, I'm gathering that the new PMA will not give me auto PDC.

If my speculation is correct, then the solution would be to install two additional sensors on the sides of the rear bumper resulting in a total of 6 visible sensors but only 4 are wired and operational.

Oddly enough, my 2018 M3 does not have auto PDC despite being LCI2 and having 508 Park Distance Control (PDC), 5DP Park Assist with the latest NBT-Evo and iDrive 6.0. My 2018 M3 has PMA # 66336886210 I do find it odd that BMW didnt update the F8x LCI2 bumper as it did with all the other F3x LCI2 vehicles.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zermatt; 08-20-2018 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 12:56 AM   #82
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
From looking up part numbers RealOEM (bumpers & listed quantities of sensors), I don't think that any of the PMA boxes support 12 sensors.

I was recently in a 2018 440 with 360° PDC coverage. In addition to displaying the side PDC, it offered the Auto-PDC detection. It only had 10 sensors.

I think the reason why ehssan_alkhiyami has been unable to get the side PDC to work is because the LCI2 rear bumpers have the two rear outside PDC sensors facing out to sides rather than straight back. (see bottom photo).

At the time I assumed I would need the newer PMA # 66337938190 like the 2018 440 loaner had. So I ordered the 66337938190 PMA from cars245.com last week thinking this newer PMA with some coding would give me the Auto-PDC feature. However, now that Ive come across this retrofit thread today, I'm gathering that the new PMA will not give me auto PDC.

If my speculation is correct, then the solution would be to install two additional sensors on the sides of the rear bumper resulting in a total of 6 visible sensors but only 4 are wired and operational.

Oddly enough, my 2018 M3 does not have auto PDC despite being LCI2 and having 508 Park Distance Control (PDC), 5DP Park Assist with the latest NBT-Evo and iDrive 6.0. My 2018 M3 has PMA # 66336886210 I do find it odd that BMW didnt update the F8x LCI2 bumper as it did with all the other F3x LCI2 vehicles.
Auto Parking assist in LCI ( Non M3/M4 ) cars needs the complete 12 ( 4 front PDC , 4 rear PDC , 2 front side bumper PMA sensors , 2 rear side bumper PMA sensors ) sensors to work , if 1 single sensor is missing then nothing works.

I didn't think of coding the PMA module with M3 type key ( I didn't even notice that LCI M3/M4 still don't have rear PMA sensors ).

I will try it out and report back by the end of the month .
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #83
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Auto Parking assist in LCI ( Non M3/M4 ) cars needs the complete 12 ( 4 front PDC , 4 rear PDC , 2 front side bumper PMA sensors , 2 rear side bumper PMA sensors ) sensors to work , if 1 single sensor is missing then nothing works.

I didn't think of coding the PMA module with M3 type key ( I didn't even notice that LCI M3/M4 still don't have rear PMA sensors ).

I will try it out and report back by the end of the month .
I stand corrected. Thank you!
Im not sure how I overlooked the two extra rear parking sensors in the 440 loaner.
Ive attached the LCI PMA wiring diagram showing the 12 sensors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #84
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I stand corrected. Thank you!
Im not sure how I overlooked the two extra rear parking sensors in the 440 loaner.
Ive attached the LCI PMA wiring diagram showing the 12 sensors.
that's the diagram I use when I do PMA retrofits all the time ,

today I managed to generate 2 NCD files from esys for PMA module , one with M3 LCI FA and another file from F31 LCI FA , then I compared both files to see what's the different in coding values .

I found tons of different values between both files , most of the values are distance and dimension calculations for PDC and PMA . I couldn't find any clear codes to enable or disable rear PMA sensors but I guess by choosing the car type the ECU will automatically knows that rear PMA sensors are not exists .

I'm too far from my car to do a real test so I will have to wait till end of the month to do the test and see if we can run PMA Gen2 without rear sensors like in the M3/M4 LCI models .
Appreciate 1
Zermatt87.00
      09-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #85
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Im ready to install the two rear side PDC sensors in my 2018 M3. I know the M3 rear bumper is different than the M-Sport F30 bumper but Im wondering if anyone has any insight on location/measurements for a F80 rear bumper?

There are manufacturing markings on the inside bumper that appear to identify the location of the rear side PDA sensors (see below). However they seem unusually high so I thought Id solicit some feedback.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #86
jalami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

what tool do you use for 18 mm drilling,??
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #87
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalami View Post
what tool do you use for 18 mm drilling,??
I used a step drill bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:03 AM   #88
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Im ready to install the two rear side PDC sensors in my 2018 M3. I know the M3 rear bumper is different than the M-Sport F30 bumper but Im wondering if anyone has any insight on location/measurements for a F80 rear bumper?

There are manufacturing markings on the inside bumper that appear to identify the location of the rear side PDA sensors (see below). However they seem unusually high so I thought Id solicit some feedback.

Thanks!
Usually front and rear PMA sensors are on same height in F3X , measure the front ones from the ground to the center of the PMA sensor , you should get the approximate figures of rear ones . if the rear markings on the bumper are too high comparing to front ones then you will have problem .

also very important is the sensor angle , if has to be facing straight ( not up and not down ) . 100% flat , must be 0 degree angle when it is installed on the bumper .

since you have M3 LCI ,, do you already have PMA from factory or also retrofitting now ?

edit : looking closely at your pic , the X marking is too high .
Appreciate 2