F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-13-2020, 12:02 PM   #2025
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d G.C Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
I tried it it does not load, so probably the signature does not work ?

Which navigation software have your tried ? is this behavior also with google maps ?
Or is it as soon as you switch to the Android GUI

Kri
I tried with Google Maps and HUR at the moment
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #2026
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d G.C Msport

Quote:
I tried it it does not load, so probably the signature does not work ?

Which navigation software have your tried ? is this behavior also with google maps ?
Or is it as soon as you switch to the Android GUI

Kri
So for example, I turn on the car, start HUR via the navigation control while my OEM music is playing, then the left speaker stops working and the Android sound starts, then I go back, I start the Android music (those preset) and the left speaker returns to play, playing my OEM music
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #2027
Spacedj1
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i F33

Issue: My carplay via carlinkit (autokit) can't receive calls. When a call comes through, I pick it up via carplay interface, then no sound of any kind. This happens like 90% of the time. Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution for it?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #2028
nurif20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Does the Launcher music app work? so that the Music icon on Display is Spotify
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #2029
anvelas
Registered
Colombia
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pascal- View Post
I don't have BMW navigation system, only ConnectedDrive. That's the reason why my BMW gps antenna is connected in the back of my car and not with the radio in the front.

I am using a FAKRA splitter in the back and a extension cable which connects android system with splitter. The extension cable is under the luggage space and goes on the co-driver side to the front.

With the splitter I can use ConnectedDrive and android navigation. It finds the GPS signal very quick, maybe 3 seconds.
Hi Pascal. Please tell me what kind of cable did you use. If you can share some pics I will appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #2030
vinnik
Rep
Drives: 123d e87 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
That's a useful information. I'm not planning to do that myself, but knowing how OEM mic is built will save me a lot of time... when I eventually get to this point. I think I'll just look for a better mic to replace what comes with these units and report back here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
I concluded that we have two options for using the oem mic:

1. This mic has electronics (for active noise cancelling) which needs to be powered. Someone did this years ago, but the needed pictures is now lacking from the DIY, but discussion can be found here.

2. Modify the mic to disable active noise cancelling, then it can be just plugged in and used as an ordinary mic. I'm considering doing this now. Instructions can be found here.
Hey guys, just read that you have microphone issues. I actually bought a fiscon microphone for around 20€ for my e87 and plugged it in my headunit via aux - its almost OEM like (hidden up top in the roof next to the lamps, where the original mic also sits. I moved the original to the passenger seat direction and put the fiscon facing towards me. It is completely invisible, but requires some work to cable manage everything) - I didnt try it without the carplay adapter tho, so maybe the quality is even better when not using a carplay adapter.

I don't know if they offer mics that fit your cars, but I think for f series they have one. They produce high quality sound and call systems for retrofitting cars. Maybe try to give them a shot and read a review. I ordered mine staight from amazon with prime and it works flawless

LINK: http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/mic.php
Appreciate 2
Mjam133.50
RedErik1023.50
      01-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #2031
tmirage
Rep
Drives: BMW e61 (530i) 2009 - CIC

Quote:
When you already got it from them then you can send them a list, here is what bugs i have open

Bug: Idrive Rotation at Apple Carplay is vice versa

Bug: Music is very silent when a alternative Music app (like Spotify, DAB+,Carplay) is startet before the built in Music app at boot.

Bug: Volume and Sound settings are not stored, after a reboot they a back to normal, even when changing them via factory_config.xml they do not work.

Bug: Belt warning at Dashboard app is always red (at least at my E Series Car)

Bug: (or not really), the Speedo at Dashboard is extremly unrealistic with 330km/h v-max

Bug: Widevine DRM System is missing on Snapdragon Unit, Apps that rely on them like Netflix do not work.

I also have a Feature/Wishlist, this list is three times as long

Kri
Reported these bugs to mekede. Let's see what he is gonna do with it .
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      01-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #2032
tmirage
Rep
Drives: BMW e61 (530i) 2009 - CIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurif20 View Post
Does the Launcher music app work? so that the Music icon on Display is Spotify
What you mean? I can since version 3.8.0 on snapdragon set Spotify as the music app. So the left music button goes to Spotify. In the big right active menu items the music player is still the default. But it helps a lot that I don't have to go to apps and then scroll to Spotify to start it. So I'm happy with that functionality.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #2033
ozumct
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 420d Gran Coupé (F36)

Hi all,

I have installed the Snapdragon Android 9.0 HU from AVINUSA. My car originally came with the 6,5" NBT HU and was equipped with the BMW Integrated Navigation system.

After swapping the HU's, i coded the breites_display option via BimmerCode and everything just works perfect on OEM side......except the Navigation...

I believe that the BMW Integrated Navigation was originally only coded to work on low resolution screens (6,5"), as it looks really messy on my new 10,25" HU.

Does anyone know what I can do, to have the Navigation working on bigger HU? Coding something or...?

See image attached here:

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #2034
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

BMW Integrated Navigation is a "black box" from harman. It's not like bmw ecu, you can't code it.
I guess it doesn't work, you must code back to small screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #2035
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
hmm, also won`t work

Kri
I give up... for now at least. I've tried few different methods of signing apk file and result is always the same: App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

Side note: changing file extension form .apk to .rar, replacing resources, signing app etc. works fine till I try to install it. However, when I edit app through the APK Editor and try to re-build it I end up with over 600 errors: libpng warning iCCP known incorrect sRGB profile. Pretty much every single png file I didn't touch. This could be easily ignored but APK Editor won't finish re-building with these errors present.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #2036
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

Received and installed my headunit today. I need help with the rear camera wiring.

The previous owner did install a Bimmertech MMI but it went bad. The wiring for the rear camera is as follows.

- 1 cable leaving the rear camera and going to the cabin
- That 1 cable splits into two: an RCA cable and a positive/ground connector
- An additional cable was tapped into one of the reverse light wires and was set up front into the wire harness for the MMI. I assume this is the trigger wire.

How do I connect these? RCA and ground as simple. For the red positive does that go to the red 12v cam cable from the headunit? Where does the trigger wire go? Any help would be appreciated.

The car is MANUAL transmission. 6.5" headunit.
Attached Images

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Hawk HPS 5.0 | RBF600 | ER Charge Pipes | Wagner Evo Comp 2 FMIC

Last edited by Solidjake; 01-13-2020 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:12 PM   #2037
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
you should have a labeling on your headunit harness... Mine has reverse signal on orange cable if I remembre correctly, but I have OEM camera and didn't used it. But you have to check somehow. +12 can go to anything under ignition imho
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #2038
ozumct
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenson View Post
BMW Integrated Navigation is a "black box" from harman. It's not like bmw ecu, you can't code it.
I guess it doesn't work, you must code back to small screen.
It looks ridicilous on the OEM side when it is coded to small screen

Well, is there somehow a possibility to code the Android unit, to have two different "Car Display" settings, so it has the 6.5",10.25" setting when you enter the Navigation, and 8.8",10.25" setting everywhere else?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #2039
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
you should have a labeling on your headunit harness... Mine has reverse signal on orange cable if I remembre correctly, but I have OEM camera and didn't used it. But you have to check somehow. +12 can go to anything under ignition imho
The only camera related wires on the harness are;

Camera +12v
Rear cam RCA in
360/camera det

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #2040
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozumct View Post
It looks ridicilous on the OEM side when it is coded to small screen

Well, is there somehow a possibility to code the Android unit, to have two different "Car Display" settings, so it has the 6.5",10.25" setting when you enter the Navigation, and 8.8",10.25" setting everywhere else?
Not a real solution if u wanna stick to BMW navi, but I would just use google maps or other navigation app in android side as they are better. You can make the navi button go to android navi instead of OEM.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #2041
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
How do I connect these? RCA and ground as simple. For the red positive does that go to the red 12v cam cable from the headunit? Where does the trigger wire go? Any help would be appreciated.
Is the Android camera screen activated when you engage reverse gear? In that case you can wire it up the easy way: Connect the RCA in both ends, connect the red positive split cable to the positive camera cable, and connect the same red split cable to the 12V cam cable at the other end. That's all. No need for ground, as it is connected to ground through the RCA, and no need for trigger wire.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #2042
ozumct
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
Not a real solution if u wanna stick to BMW navi, but I would just use google maps or other navigation app in android side as they are better. You can make the navi button go to android navi instead of OEM.
I totally agree - just want the "original" features in the car to be working properly, as my retrofit changes only should be considered as improvements, and not mess up the existing features

How can i make the navi button go to Android navi instead of OEM? Couldn't find that setting og Android side, i use version 3.6.8
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #2043
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Is the Android camera screen activated when you engage reverse gear? In that case you can wire it up the easy way: Connect the RCA in both ends, connect the red positive split cable to the positive camera cable, and connect the same red split cable to the 12V cam cable at the other end. That's all. No need for ground, as it is connected to ground through the RCA, and no need for trigger wire.
Ok, I'll do that tomorrow.

So just to be sure, the red positive from the camera goes to the red 12v in the head unit and the grey trigger wire from the reverse cable goes where?

I really appreciate it. Parking without the rear camera sucks.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #2044
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
So just to be sure, the red positive from the camera goes to the red 12v in the head unit and the grey trigger wire from the reverse cable goes where?
You connect only cable 4 (RCA Rear Cam) and 5 (Camera +12V) in your picture. I just did this, works perfect. The Chinese have done a really great job in making it easy for us to connect a backup camera. Couldn't be easier.
Appreciate 1
Solidjake945.00
      01-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #2045
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep

Quote:
You connect only cable 4 (RCA Rear Cam) and 5 (Camera +12V) in your picture. I just did this, works perfect. The Chinese have done a really great job in making it easy for us to connect a backup camera. Couldn't be easier.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #2046
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozumct View Post
How can i make the navi button go to Android navi instead of OEM? Couldn't find that setting og Android side, i use version 3.6.8
Factory settings, Vehicle, Map key selection: Options are Android Navi or Car Navi.
Password for Factory menu is usually 1314, or 0 if you used the factory_config from Kri on this forum.
Appreciate 0