F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Another terror attack? London Bridge.
GetBMWParts

06-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #89
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i Hearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugrov View Post
Oh well that's ok then, I'm sure the families of those killed in the Westminster, Manchester and London attack last night will take great comfort in that...........FFS!!
Exactly! When I foolishly turned the bbc garbage radio on, there was a slur of words about how poor the muslims are, that it's punishable to offend their feelings or religion. How everyone should report to the police anyone who isn't happy with this abominable religion. Not a word on how atrocious the killings of children by religious fanatics was, how are families of those murdered in London supposed to cope? FFS! No, instead let's just lit another candle, update a shitty twitter feed and hold hands awaiting for another attack. Why the fuck is it a norm in the Western Europe now to expect attacks like that?
Hugrov423.00
LobB5109.00
      06-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #90
Redandy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i GS/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrevor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugrov View Post
Oh well that's ok then, I'm sure the families of those killed in the Westminster, Manchester and London attack last night will take great comfort in that...........FFS!!
Exactly! When I foolishly turned the bbc garbage radio on, there was a slur of words about how poor the muslims are, that it's punishable to offend their feelings or religion. How everyone should report to the police anyone who isn't happy with this abominable religion. Not a word on how atrocious the killings of children by religious fanatics was, how are families of those murdered in London supposed to cope? FFS! No, instead let's just lit another candle, update a shitty twitter feed and hold hands awaiting for another attack. Why the fuck is it a norm in the Western Europe now to expect attacks like that?
Was the exact same after the Manchester bomb - even the imam dictating without questions outside the Manchester Islamic Centre made sure he well and truly got that across that any hate crime should be reported immediately- Hang on a fuckin minute the only hate crime has been carried out by someone blowing themselves and 22 others up - the lunatics really are running the fuckin asylum and there's so many who can't / won't / point blank refuse to see it. WOW !!
Appreciate 2
Hugrov423.00
      06-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #91
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
I'm with teaston on this one.

Totally understandable how people across the country are feeling after the last few weeks.

Unfortunately there has always been terrorism in the UK, remember the whole meaning of terrorism is to provoke a state of terror in the public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them.

Since the 70s there has been an increase in terrorist attacks mainly from the IRA.
-70s, 20 IRA attacks
-80s, 7 IRA attacks
-90s, 25 IRA attacks
-00s, 7 IRA attacks, 3 Islamist extremists attacks
-10s, 6 Islamist extremists attacks

I'm in NO way justifying or saying it's ok for these attacks! Get that understood! What I'm saying is that targeting one group based on race, religion etc isn't the answer.
So why mention the IRA what have they got to do with this? You just sound like another apologist to me.
      06-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #92
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redandy View Post
Just had a text regarding a tweet in reply to Tony Bellew - unbelievable but it'll be don't get hysterical blah blah blah:-

We are taking over Britain, you can't stop us! We'll make Britain an Islamic State, this will happen under your eyes! Your churches are becoming mosques, your women are having our babies, your food is turning halal, your laws will become sharia! What you gonna do ? Nothing !!!

We are being openly taunted now in the wake of 2 terror attacks - You know what they are 100 % fuckin correct as there's too many ready to oblige and hand it all over without even a fuckin whimper.

Hang on tho Robbie will sing a song and we'll all be ok it will just all go away and we can carry on as if fuck all has happened - until the next time tick fuckin tock.
Unfortunately, some parts of England are a total medieval shitholes, where having the English flag or the Union flag in front of one's house or shop is deemed offensive to those who thou you shall not name.
You may think you're having a comfortable life now, and want to be a tolerant, multicultural society, well, think again and look back to Yugoslavia and what happened there. I'm afraid the shit is bound to hit the fan at some point, in 10, 20, 50 years.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.
Aristotle
Redandy204.00
LobB5109.00
Hugrov423.00
      06-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #93
Bibbles
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Quote:
Easily answered.

Because the cancer of liberalism has spread across Europe and to the UK. We are soft, an easy target. We don't say things incase someone might take offence. We have leglislation that allows terrorists to hamper our desire to deport them. We meekly wring our hands and pay benefits to convicted terrorists families. After all, it's their human right.

The solution.

Stop being liberal. If it offends some people? Tough. Try Iran.
Not really sure that the best way to stop these guys who hate our western, liberal, free speech democratic societies is to give up those values. It's a few cunts that think the best they can hope for in this life is to kill a few innocent people and get sent to the next life, only to find out that 1 virgin doesn't know what to do let alone 72 of them. Let's not punish everyone that believes in the same imaginary best friend as they do. Fundamentalists are cunts no matter what they find to believe in.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #94
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Easily answered.

Because the cancer of liberalism has spread across Europe and to the UK. We are soft, an easy target. We don't say things incase someone might take offence. We have leglislation that allows terrorists to hamper our desire to deport them. We meekly wring our hands and pay benefits to convicted terrorists families. After all, it's their human right.

The solution.

A music to my ears. The worst problem are the people who apologise for anything and try to out-liberal themselves in the process.

Case from the UK, two men were imprisoned for throwing bacon at some mosque, one died in prison, probably beaten to death by welcoming muslim dwellers. Whilst nothing happens to those hate preaching imams who call to rape British women and kill British men.

However, as crazy as it sounds, I do believe that Iran could make difference in the modern world as a counterbalance to Saudi Arabia and other terrorist funding shitholes. Yeah, I know they are hard on their religion, but we shouldn't marginalise them and impose sanction upon sanction. If you can't beat them, make them beat the shit out of others.
LobB5109.00
      06-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #95
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Easily answered.

The solution.

A music to my ears. The worst problem are the people who apologise for anything and try to out-liberal themselves in the process.

Case from the UK, two men were imprisoned for throwing bacon at some mosque, one died in prison, probably beaten to death by welcoming muslim dwellers. Whilst nothing happens to those hate preaching imams who call to rape British women and kill British men.

However, as crazy as it sounds, I do believe that Iran could make difference in the modern world as a counterbalance to Saudi Arabia and other terrorist funding shitholes. Yeah, I know they are hard on their religion, but we shouldn't marginalise them and impose sanction upon sanction. If you can't beat them, make them beat the shit out of others.
Would this be the same Iran doing everything they can to develop nukes with the sole purpose of wiping Israel off the map?

Just asking..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #96
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Would this be the same Iran doing everything they can to develop nukes with the sole purpose of wiping Israel off the map?

Just asking..
Losing Israel is a small price to pay for our freedom....

?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #97
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Quote:

Just asking..
Losing Israel is a small price to pay for our freedom....

?
Please tell me I missed the joke?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #98
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Just asking..
That's the problem with Middle East, isn't it? Everyone wants to wipe each other off the map. But then again, why is Pakistan allowed to keep nuclear weapons? It's isn't exactly a role model country either... But I digress.
      06-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #99
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just asking..
That's the problem with Middle East, isn't it? Everyone wants to wipe each other off the map. But then again, why is Pakistan allowed to keep nuclear weapons? It's isn't exactly a role model country either... But I digress.
Especially as Pakistan is close to civil war with the Taliban. Now that would be scary..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #100
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Please tell me I missed the joke?
No, you missed the Question mark.

I was referring to what price is our freedom from terrorism worth.

Unfortunately there is a price to pay.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #101
Mr Burt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 340

Let's face it as a species we just are not going to make it.
Religion (war) and over population will see to us in the end.
Happened to many 'advanced' civilisations throughout history only this time it will lead to almost total wipe out, with just a mad max type world left as we slowly slip towards extinction.
As a species we are preprogrammed to self destruct, I cannot believe that billions still believe in religion as a basis to run their lives.
Religion is all about power, money and control. All offering something after death, pulling in the gullible, weak and foolish.
We think we are different to civilisations that have gone before us because we have technology, technology will save us, we will find a way etc etc.
We are a virus on this planet, consuming resources, destroying one another and for what, money, power, control.
I give it 50 years max, the planet will adapt and survive and we will just be a thin line in the crust of planet earth.
It's not funny, because it's true!
Appreciate 5
      06-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #102
Redandy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i GS/CR

Quote:
Quote:

Just asking..
The problem has always been the Middle fuckin East - it's not just foreign policy of the last 30 / 50 / 100 years is it - centuries old but nothing over there will ever change - so why have we been forced to bring it to our own backyard ??

No matter how often the multicultural drum is beaten and people want to be blinded by the utopian dream it will never work in the long term - it's simply a disaster waiting to happen in years to come.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #103
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Fuck me, this thread was is just the same as all the other politics threads, just different subject matter.

Extreme views in both directions, but no one seemingly able to think of anything worthwhile.

My own view is that the right wing views are right AND that the liberal viewpoint is right. They just need combining.

Isis and related groups need annihilating, they cannot be talked to, they will never see reason. We cannot do it through half hearted bombing which has been proven not to work. More direct and committed action is needed. If Isis and it's like are gone, there will be no one to radicalise vulnerable uk residents and the attacks will peter out eventually.

But, if something isn't done quickly about the root cause other groups will just follow behind and fill the gap. The real cause isn't Islam, it is power and wealth. Religion is just used as an excuse to gain this in countries where there is almost no other way. The west, particularly the US (and the richer Middle Eastern countries) need to help countries have stricter governance and more importantly keep some of their own wealth so that there are ways to achieve positions of power and wealth in legal and civilised ways, just as in the west. If the only way to power in these countries is through violence and terror, that is what you will get, however many terrorist organisations have their heads cut off. It will definitely need changes in the foreign policies of all western countries to fix this. More extreme action required immediately followed by a change quickly after.

Everyone keeps suggesting their own "simple" answer to the solution. Get real, if it was easy it would have been solved by now.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #104
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burt View Post
Let's face it as a species we just are not going to make it.
Religion (war) and over population will see to us in the end.
Happened to many 'advanced' civilisations throughout history only this time it will lead to almost total wipe out, with just a mad max type world left as we slowly slip towards extinction.
As a species we are preprogrammed to self destruct, I cannot believe that billions still believe in religion as a basis to run their lives.
Religion is all about power, money and control. All offering something after death, pulling in the gullible, weak and foolish.
We think we are different to civilisations that have gone before us because we have technology, technology will save us, we will find a way etc etc.
We are a virus on this planet, consuming resources, destroying one another and for what, money, power, control.
I give it 50 years max, the planet will adapt and survive and we will just be a thin line in the crust of planet earth.
It's not funny, because it's true!
Well that's cheery! Why don't we all just go and
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #105
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redandy View Post
The problem has always been the Middle fuckin East - it's not just foreign policy of the last 30 / 50 / 100 years is it - centuries old but nothing over there will ever change - so why have we been forced to bring it to our own backyard ??

No matter how often the multicultural drum is beaten and people want to be blinded by the utopian dream it will never work in the long term - it's simply a disaster waiting to happen in years to come.
Because if you speak against it the pc liberal multiculti will brand you:
  • a facist
  • a racist
  • an islamophob
  • a nationalist
  • a xenophob
  • a goatfuckerphob
  • add your own

Oh, and the cherry on the pie is bringing in the crusades into the equation, this is my favourite part actually. How we owe them for crusades that happened 800 years ago. Actually, I suggest reading up on why the crusades happened in the first place, of course it had nothing to do with the aggressive expansion of islam onto the Byzantium empire. But I suppose reading books is too hard for some snowflake apologists.
Gixerste191.00
Redandy204.00
LobB5109.00
      06-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #106
tinytrevor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post

Extreme views in both directions, but no one seemingly able to think of anything worthwhile.

Everyone keeps suggesting their own "simple" answer to the solution. Get real, if it was easy it would have been solved by now.
The problem is this hasn't been solved in the past 1400 years as the time seemed to have stopped around year 600 in the Middle East. Ask anyone from Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine and Russia how great it was to have borders with The Ottoman Empire for so many hundred years. The solution would be that they get the grip of their own religion and finally made an effort to fit into the modern world? And not the other way round.
Redandy204.00
      06-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #107
Mr Burt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Well that's cheery! Why don't we all just go and
Please don't do that.
Enjoy your life, but don't expect a cloud of utopia at the end.
Appreciate 1
Redandy204.00
      06-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #108
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Because if you speak against it the pc liberal multiculti will brand you:
  • a facist
  • a racist
  • an islamophob
  • a nationalist
  • a xenophob
  • a goatfuckerphob
  • add your own

Oh, and the cherry on the pie is bringing in the crusades into the equation, this is my favourite part actually. How we owe them for crusades that happened 800 years ago. Actually, I suggest reading up on why the crusades happened in the first place, of course it had nothing to do with the aggressive expansion of islam onto the Byzantium empire. But I suppose reading books is too hard for some snowflake apologists.
Maybe you should try reading a dictionary and then when your list is spelt correctly it might encourage the "snowflakes" to read themselves.

There are lots of people with view points on both sides. Why it isn't possible to see that both are right and that a complex solution to a complex problem is required I don't know.

Or, alternatively we could all just shout "hell yeah, close the borders and kill all Muslims already inside them". Perfect.
Appreciate 2
teaston10994.50
      06-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #109
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The problem is this hasn't been solved in the past 1400 years as the time seemed to have stopped around year 600 in the Middle East. Ask anyone from Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine and Russia how great it was to have borders with The Ottoman Empire for so many hundred years. The solution would be that they get the grip of their own religion and finally made an effort to fit into the modern world? And not the other way round.
Let's face it, we had our own problem with Catholics, fucking twats, why they never just killed them out back in 16th - 17th century's.

But no, they let them breed.

Far too much religious freedom in this country.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #110
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Really? How's that gone so far?

It isn't religion that's the problem. It's power and wealth, there is no other way in those countries to get that, so they use religion as their excuse.
Appreciate 0