F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > New DEPO LCI headlights
Extreme Powerhouse

09-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
jlorenzo125
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhent0n View Post
What bulb did you go for? Did you keep your stock halogens or you installed an HID kit?
I use GP Thunder 5800K Super Bright White H7 halogen bulb

Last edited by jlorenzo125; 09-27-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
gfpr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 40i

I wrote to DEPO about the LCI headlights and the response is:

Quote:
Hello Sir

This product is still not ready at the moment. As far as we know, it is expected in Q1 2019.

(...)

Best Regards
DEPO EUROPEAN TEAM
I will probably just order the pre-LCI ones.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #25
alekslc
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328I XDrive

Hey guys so I ended up buying the ebay ones I posted earlier and installed them already and they are amazing. The guy who helped me install them actually switched the low beams to led's as well and they look crazy good.

If you guys are interested at all I can take some pictures and post them if you would like. its 1000x better then the boring standard halogens I had before!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #26
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekslc View Post
Hey guys so I ended up buying the ebay ones I posted earlier and installed them already and they are amazing. The guy who helped me install them actually switched the low beams to led's as well and they look crazy good.

If you guys are interested at all I can take some pictures and post them if you would like. its 1000x better then the boring standard halogens I had before!
PLEASE post pictures. Not only close up, but some decent shots from a distance so we can see how they really look. Lights on and off. More the better lol.

I'm hesitant on the eBay lights for the same reasons voiced by others but at times I think they look good.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #27
jlorenzo125
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post
PLEASE post pictures. Not only close up, but some decent shots from a distance so we can see how they really look. Lights on and off. More the better lol.

I'm hesitant on the eBay lights for the same reasons voiced by others but at times I think they look good.
If u go to page 1 my red f30 has the depos from ebay if u wanted to see em
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #28
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post

Cool! im at work right now but ill try and take some when I get home and hopefully some at night tonight as well from multiple angles, as long as Friday night doesn't get ahold of me first haha. But ya I didn't go with the depo lights because they dont have them for 2016 yet or at least from what i saw. So I went with the other ones I posted from CarID but I did buy them from Ebay because it was like 50 dollars cheaper and it shipped in like 3 days super quick!

And just to state again my low beams are LED's now which isnt standard on them they come with projector H7 halogens I think but you could swap those out easy for something brighter but honestly its changed the look of my car so much the running lights look mean as hell and driving around at night is the best now.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #29
alekslc
Rep

Here are a bunch of photos I took. With the running lights the low beans and hi beams at different angles. I will take more when its nighttime so you can see what they look like in the dark if you want any other angles or pictures I didn't think if let me know!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #30
erfont
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

Any wiring or fitment issues installing pre-LCI depo projectors headlights on an LCI that has halogens?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #31
mallorca328
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2012 F30 328i  [0.00]
I think i prefer the pre-lci angel eyes.

If you ask me, those minecraft turn signals ruin the car look imho
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #32
skunis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfpr View Post
I wrote to DEPO about the LCI headlights and the response is:

I will probably just order the pre-LCI ones.
Well, I guess I will hold off until then. I got the car a year ago and was told by USR that the LCI headlights from DEPO would be out by July 2018.

I just would hate buy the pre-LCI ones and then a few months later the LCI ones come out.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #33
Shmouzer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
Here are a bunch of photos I took. With the running lights the low beans and hi beams at different angles. I will take more when its nighttime so you can see what they look like in the dark if you want any other angles or pictures I didn't think if let me know!
It's been a few months, how are these so far? I have them in a box but idk if I want to install after the bad reviews I read...but they look great.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #34
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmouzer View Post
Quote:
It's been a few months, how are these so far? I have them in a box but idk if I want to install after the bad reviews I read...but they look great.
I love them! I've had no issues at all still working great for me. They are 1000 times better then my stock lights in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #35
Shmouzer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
I love them! I've had no issues at all still working great for me. They are 1000 times better then my stock lights in my opinion.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. The low lights are halogens on them? I swear they said LED. Was it difficult to swap them out to LED?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:27 PM   #36
rahilxxi
rahilxxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black F30 328i

3D halo

I have bought these as well. They look nice. And I got a good deal. I’m confused on which LED bulbs to buy. Do I need 1 set for the low beams and then 1 set for the DRLs? Did you need to buy any resistors ....? How about coding or CEL issues .... sorry for so many questions. I am new to modding and my halogens really bug me.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:48 PM   #37
rahilxxi
rahilxxi
United_States
Rep

Another review on the DNA Motoring 3D U Halo LED lights

I found this on amazon today. This customer seems to like them too... I think they look different. Unique. And the post LCI half halo U shape is a newer look if I’m not mistaken. They look nice on this persons car.

I’m still fuzzy on which bulbs to buy , and if I need any add-one like resistors. I’m planning on installing them on Monday. (4 days) and I will be uploading tons of pics and a review if I go through with the install.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:20 AM   #38
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmouzer View Post
Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. The low lights are halogens on them? I swear they said LED. Was it difficult to swap them out to LED?
Ya they were halogens. And I didn't do the swap part I had a friend help me with that. He said it was easier then when we tried to swap my stock lights to LED because the new headlights had way more space to fit the LED kit in it. He did have to add these little boxes that connected to my lights I assume those are resistors? And I did have to code my car to turn the cold monitoring sensors off but that was super easy and I did that myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #39
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahilxxi View Post
I found this on amazon today. This customer seems to like them too... I think they look different. Unique. And the post LCI half halo U shape is a newer look if I’m not mistaken. They look nice on this persons car.

I’m still fuzzy on which bulbs to buy , and if I need any add-one like resistors. I’m planning on installing them on Monday. (4 days) and I will be uploading tons of pics and a review if I go through with the install.
Yes those look like mine! I love them and I'm pretty sure the guy helping me added resistors to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #40
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
I have bought these as well. They look nice. And I got a good deal. I’m confused on which LED bulbs to buy. Do I need 1 set for the low beams and then 1 set for the DRLs? Did you need to buy any resistors ....? How about coding or CEL issues .... sorry for so many questions. I am new to modding and my halogens really bug me.
The guy helping me added resistors I'm pretty sure and the daytime running lights will be the led U bar by default. The low beams I would switch to LED like I did and I just left my high beams as they came because I don't use those much. I did code the lights to turn off the cold monitoring because the LED's kept tripping a malfunction when they were working at times. I also coded my lights to turn on when I hit unlock because with these headlights they wouldn't do that by default when I installed them and I liked that so now I have my drl's and fog lights come on when I unlock. Looks super cool at night. If you havnt coded before honestly its super easy I just used the Bimmercode app and bought the coding plug off Amazon. There's a lot you can do with coding.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #41
rahilxxi
rahilxxi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have bought these as well. They look nice. And I got a good deal. I'm confused on which LED bulbs to buy. Do I need 1 set for the low beams and then 1 set for the DRLs? Did you need to buy any resistors ....? How about coding or CEL issues .... sorry for so many questions. I am new to modding and my halogens really bug me.
The guy helping me added resistors I'm pretty sure and the daytime running lights will be the led U bar by default. The low beams I would switch to LED like I did and I just left my high beams as they came because I don't use those much. I did code the lights to turn off the cold monitoring because the LED's kept tripping a malfunction when they were working at times. I also coded my lights to turn on when I hit unlock because with these headlights they wouldn't do that by default when I installed them and I liked that so now I have my drl's and fog lights come on when I unlock. Looks super cool at night. If you havnt coded before honestly its super easy I just used the Bimmercode app and bought the coding plug off Amazon. There's a lot you can do with coding.

Thank you for the information !! I will do the same as you did
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #42
rahilxxi
rahilxxi
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I was wondering , what brand of LEDs should I get... I want to run a similar set up as yours
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #43
alekslc
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I was wondering , what brand of LEDs should I get... I want to run a similar set up as yours
I'm unsure what they are. Let me see if I can reach out to the guy who helped me and ask!
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #44
rahilxxi
rahilxxi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm unsure what they are. Let me see if I can reach out to the guy who helped me and ask!
Thank you mate!! I'm doing the install on Monday. I'm going to order these resistors
Attached Images

Appreciate 0