F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > EV... GMC... Hummer.. can it be?
proTUNING Freaks

10-21-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

EV... GMC... Hummer.. can it be?

Well.. unexpected one for sure lol. Same Hummer known to us that gets 2- 8MPG.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...truck-revealed

On the surface of things, stats wise that is, it looks really good and practical!
  • 0-60 in 3 seconds
  • Acclaimed 350 mile range
  • Great off road capabilities/features shown off
  • 1000hp / 1000lb ft

Can’t remember what the v1/v2 cost or if there was even RHD, but this doesn’t come cheap at $112,000 anyway for first models which are pick up truck style, then the suv editions follow.

Good comeback, or a nail in the coffin?
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 12:57 AM   #2
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Feels like as good a time as any to wheel out my sole photo of an old generation Hummer. Tasteful.
Attached Images

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      10-22-2020, 12:59 AM   #3
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

The new one looks better than I expected. A lot more relevant than the old ones ever were, and not just for the drivetrain. One for the US.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 01:56 AM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Interesting.

The US is certainly embracing the new electric revolution is the truck market. Competition is good.

For a moment I though in the interior shot someone was transporting a television but no, that's infotainment. Please tell me that will make it production, I just want to see the minute intro sketch on throttle house.

On either thing on this, the Rivian I mentioned and others. Brake manufacturers will need to step up their game, surely these will all be near 3Tonne beasts and then some loaded up, capable of rapid 0-60 they will take some stopping!
      10-22-2020, 02:35 AM   #5
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Interesting.

The US is certainly embracing the new electric revolution is the truck market. Competition is good.

For a moment I though in the interior shot someone was transporting a television but no, that's infotainment. Please tell me that will make it production, I just want to see the minute intro sketch on throttle house.

On either thing on this, the Rivian I mentioned and others. Brake manufacturers will need to step up their game, surely these will all be near 3Tonne beasts and then some loaded up, capable of rapid 0-60 they will take some stopping!
Huge amount of retardation through the motors too?

Agree, the competition in that segment is looking fascinating.

For the volume return on this Hummer tech, I assume GM will also throw it at the Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade or EV equivalents of them (as they've recently launched new ones).

A certain Indian/British SUV brand certainly needs to crack on or sales are going to fall off a cliff.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 02:39 AM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Interesting.

Huge amount of retardation through the motors too?

Agree, the competition in that segment is looking fascinating.

For the volume return on this Hummer tech, I assume GM will also throw it at the Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade or EV equivalents of them (as they've recently launched new ones).

A certain Indian/British SUV brand certainly needs to crack on or sales are going to fall off a cliff.
Good point Mash. Unusual of me not to consider the retardation on Bimmerpost #faceplam