F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Problem: Right front audio channel randomly muted/crackling.
proTUNING Freaks

12-19-2019, 02:50 AM   #1
Galaxy1223
Rep
Drives: 316iA F31

Problem: Right front audio channel randomly muted/crackling.

Hi!

I have following problem in my MY15 F31. Randomly the right front audio channel (mid+treble) is kind of lost for few seconds upto ~minute. Sometimes it also makes some crackling sounds while doing so. When it happens it happens with all volume levels and from all sources. But when system works it works without any issues or extra noises.

First I was thinking that it must be some contact issue with the speakers. But slamming passenger side door does not do anything so probably the problem is not that simple. So my second thought is that there is some moist somewhere? Or then its somehow related to battery? Because during winter I drive a lot of short trips and use a lot of electric heating systems.

This is now the third winter owning the car. First winter I had the issue maybe ~5 times in total, second winter not even once and now third it seems to happen everyday. But during summer there has not been any problems.

The only other person with pre-lci F30 I know has the same issue as well. So we cannot be the only ones with this? I have base audio but it has been enhanced by a hifi shop few years a go. My friend has a base audio.

I tried my best to search for similar issues but it seems that people only:
- No audio at all
- resonance problems with high volume (different issue)
- blown speaker (again, not the same)
Appreciate 0