F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > H&R sport springs + B8 struts review
GetBMWParts

10-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
luca10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

I just wanted to share a review of this set up. To start off, I first started with h&r sport springs along with stock non sport suspension shocks. Anyone who is thinking of doing this, don't do it! Huuuge mistake.

I've previously put h&r springs on other vehicles, making the car more rough which I did not mind at all. But with the factory non m suspension on the f30's, the h&r springs alone turned a soft ride into a very bouncy soft ride. I was going over minor dips and rubbing everywhere because of how bad the bounce was. It felt like the car had no shocks, awful feeling.

Sooo 2 weeks later of feeling like I was driving in a 1980 cadi, I called my shop up and told them to order the b8's. Unfortunately, only bad thing about the b8's, they were back ordered. I heard this struts are always back ordered for some reason.

Anyways, finally just installed them 2 days ago to compliment the h&r springs and what a huge difference! Car felt much more planted, firm and overall great. It got rid of almost all body roll, dips/bumps in the road were no issue anymore, and overall feels very firm but not rough nor bounce, could not be happier.

My shop took my for a test drive after the install, a real test drive and the car took every bump, dip, corner like a pro. I noticed right away even in the passenger seat.

So my advice to you all is, with the factor non m suspension, do not purchase springs alone, especially h&r. Because you will hate you, you will order shocks or coilovers right after and you will need to pay for install all over again!