F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9/10 HU theming and discussion
GetBMWParts

09-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #309
cza1zip
Rep
Drives: f20 118d X-drive Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Couple of things to check:
1. Usually when you plug a thumb drive to one of the USB ports, Android will save some files on it. Plug in back to your PC and check if there are any other files. If not then the thumb drive is not being recognised.
2. If it's not recognised, try formatting it again. Remember it has to be FAT32 file format and it has to be 32GB or less in size.
1. On the thumb drive there are two hidden files:
".fseventsd" and ".Spotlight-V100" but I am not sure if there were there before.

2. Thumb drive was formatted with FAT32. USB stick has 29,2GB
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #310
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cza1zip View Post
1. On the thumb drive there are two hidden files:
".fseventsd" and ".Spotlight-V100" but I am not sure if there were there before.

2. Thumb drive was formatted with FAT32. USB stick has 29,2GB
Your thumb drive is not being recognised by Android. You should have couple of folders: Android and LOST.

Did you use Mac to format it? Because it looks like you did.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #311
cza1zip
Rep
Drives: f20 118d X-drive Urban

Quote:
Your thumb drive is not being recognised by Android. You should have couple of folders: Android and LOST.

Did you use Mac to format it? Because it looks like you did.
No I didn't use Mac to format, but I used Mac to copy the files to OEM. Now I formatted stick on Windows and it works now Thanks

By the way do you know if there is possibility to import few bootanimation to boot logo menu in factory settings? Then I could just change few my best boot logos from Android system.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 04:53 PM   #312
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cza1zip View Post
No I didn't use Mac to format, but I used Mac to copy the files to OEM. Now I formatted stick on Windows and it works now Thanks

By the way do you know if there is possibility to import few bootanimation to boot logo menu in factory settings? Then I could just change few my best boot logos from Android system.
Yeah, Mac saves some files on thumb drives, some indexing stuff or something like that, which really upsets Android for some reason.

As for boot animations, the menu in factory settings is for splash images - still images before animation. You could make few of these, zip them in mylogo.zip and upload to your unit. However this will not work for boot animations. There is no method do that at the moment. I could probably write an app that will handles swapping of boot animations but I'm really busy at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #313
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Ok. I don’t know if you guys are taking donations for it or sharing it or both. But I need this in my PX6 unit. I shot both BlackDMX and RedErik a PM . Somebody please get back to me. You guys are doing awesome work and taking this to whole other level. If I have to buy a snapdragon unit if need be, so be it.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 11:02 PM   #314
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Ok. I don't know if you guys are taking donations for it or sharing it or both. But I need this in my PX6 unit. I shot both BlackDMX and RedErik a PM . Somebody please get back to me. You guys are doing awesome work and taking this to whole other level. If I have to buy a snapdragon unit if need be, so be it.
Hi and thanks for that

Most of the stuff here is free. Both themes and boot animations work on PX6 units. However none of the apps does (keyboard and custom dashboard). For these you would need SD625 unit... however a fix might be coming in the near future. Frankly30 is trying to figure out how to enable full iDrive controller support systemwide so PX6 user could enjoy that and get the keyboard app.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #315
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi and thanks for that

Most of the stuff here is free. Both themes and boot animations work on PX6 units. However none of the apps does (keyboard and custom dashboard). For these you would need SD625 unit... however a fix might be coming in the near future. Frankly30 is trying to figure out how to enable full iDrive controller support systemwide so PX6 user could enjoy that and get the keyboard app.
What do you mean by most? I know the meaning but I don’t know the meaning, know what I mean? Lol .. I will be ordering a Avin SD625 Unit soon and do away with this PX6 unit. Only fear is me buying SD625 unit and a newer one comes out months later. Soughta like what happened when I purchased my unit from CarNavi. The risks. . Anywho, thanks for the response and again you guys are doing some good work.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:28 AM   #316
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
What do you mean by most? I know the meaning but I don’t know the meaning, know what I mean? Lol .. I will be ordering a Avin SD625 Unit soon and do away with this PX6 unit. Only fear is me buying SD625 unit and a newer one comes out months later. Soughta like what happened when I purchased my unit from CarNavi. The risks. . Anywho, thanks for the response and again you guys are doing some good work.
Lol 3 levels of inception

What I mean by that is everywhere you see a download button means the stuff is free. Where is only a note to contact the author it's mostly likely paid option.

In general all is free except blackDMX works and my keyboard app.

Hope this is now clear as mud
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:35 AM   #317
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Lol 3 levels of inception

What I mean by that is everywhere you see a download button means the stuff is free. Where is only a note to contact the author it's mostly likely paid option.

In general all is free except blackDMX works and my keyboard app.

Hope this is now clear as mud
Tasker is also not free and required for some scripts

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:57 AM   #318
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Tasker is also not free and required for some scripts

Kri
Yep... forgot about that
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #319
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi, I still don't understand how you're the only one user with this issue and how my keyboard has anything to do with that.

There are two more steps to do:
1. Perform OTA recovery - you will loose all your data but system will be then clean and freshly installed. Test your music player scrolling without my app installed. Download my app and test it again. If your issue still persists follow step 2.

2. Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog open it up and select all types of logs apart from modem and audit. Do the scrolling test while logs are being recorded. Save the log and send it to me. I will have a look and try to see what could be causing this behaviour.
I'm reading this and I'm like, WoW. You're like really smart. I really should of taken computer science in school. Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:37 PM   #320
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm reading this and I'm like, WoW. You're like really smart. I really should of taken computer science in school. Lol
I never did lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:20 AM   #321
GTH
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDMX View Post
Hi friends, just want to inform you that i finished the work on my custom dashboard and ID7 Launcher. All images are in best highest quality.

Custom BMW instrument cluster

- live FUEL display
- maps navigation
- live car images

A video how it looks like in real can be found here on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnVwIbitQc

-------------------------------------------------------------

Custom ID7 Design for ultimative OEM look

A video how it looks like in real can be found here on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF6X9foMn3g

If you interesset in my work you can leave me an private message.
Amazing!
How can i get the dashboard and id7 theme?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:49 AM   #322
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTH View Post
Amazing!
How can i get the dashboard and id7 theme?
As stated at the end of the images, you have to write him a PM, its not free available.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #323
GTH
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
As stated at the end of the images, you have to write him a PM, its not free available.

Kri
I know and i'm sorry, but because this is my first post, i don't know how to sent a PM to a member.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #324
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Just a wee heads up. My next project is far from completion, but what I'm working on right now is a proper implementation for music player. It will have:
1. Proper sorting
2. Search (by song, artist, genre etc.)
3. Local playback (local storage, USB & SD)
4. Spotify integration
5. Playlists

Appreciate 7
Kri1083.50
jkont22.50
Stainy265.00
Frankly30137.00
akirax30.50
      10-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #325
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Nice, finally a good player for the HU could you implement the possibility, that if I choose one folder it automatically inserts the songs from the subfolders the list? As I found out not many players available in the playstore can do it and the ksw player also can’t do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 01:44 AM   #326
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
Nice, finally a good player for the HU could you implement the possibility, that if I choose one folder it automatically inserts the songs from the subfolders the list? As I found out not many players available in the playstore can do it and the ksw player also can’t do it.
If I understand that correctly, when you select a folder that contains subfolders you want to load all music (including that located in your subfolders) to the playlist. For example if you have a folder Artist Name and subfolders listing Artist Albums, you want all the albums to be load up into the playlist, correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:07 AM   #327
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Yes that would be great. Because in the ksw player if I select a main folder it only loads the mp3s from that folder and not the ones from the folders in that main folder.
By the way, you did a great job with the keyboard, I love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 06:14 AM   #328
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes that would be great. Because in the ksw player if I select a main folder it only loads the mp3s from that folder and not the ones from the folders in that main folder.
Ksw media player has so many flaws that is hard to believe... no alphabetical sort, no folder structure support, no search by artis, genre, song etc, it crashes when you load it up with "too many" files... the list goes on and on and on. I'm new to Android development and Java programming but man, even I can see what's wrong with it and have some idea how to fix it.

Quote:
By the way, you did a great job with the keyboard, I love it.
Thanks, this is much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 03:26 AM   #329
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum (I'll post in the other one if it is).

I purchased a 12.3" 720p unit from AVIN. I like the unit for my car, but after updating to 2.3.0, the boot image and/or animation became corrupted (at least I think that's when it happened).

Sometimes it works ok, but most times it just displays vertical lines on the screen that mimic the image that's supposed to be displayed.

If I hit the MENU button to get into the BMW UI, and then MENU again to get back to Android, the image corrects itself and the UI looks normal. If I don't do anything, after it's done with the boot animation, the Android UI remains corrupted in the same manner.

I have tried changing the image via the OEM folder via splash and bootanimation files, but to no avail (as well as several recovery installations, and changing countless settings in the Kri version of factory_config).

Here's a video of what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZu...ew?usp=sharing

The video ends abruptly but what happens right after is as I said above, it goes back to the Android UI which at that point looks normal again.

Any idea what could be happening here? I have been in contact with AVIN, and while they have been very responsive, I don't think they know what's going on.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #330
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Hello,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum (I'll post in the other one if it is).

I purchased a 12.3" 720p unit from AVIN. I like the unit for my car, but after updating to 2.3.0, the boot image and/or animation became corrupted (at least I think that's when it happened).

Sometimes it works ok, but most times it just displays vertical lines on the screen that mimic the image that's supposed to be displayed.

If I hit the MENU button to get into the BMW UI, and then MENU again to get back to Android, the image corrects itself and the UI looks normal. If I don't do anything, after it's done with the boot animation, the Android UI remains corrupted in the same manner.

I have tried changing the image via the OEM folder via splash and bootanimation files, but to no avail (as well as several recovery installations, and changing countless settings in the Kri version of factory_config).

Here's a video of what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZuH05SfUMhp-u0b8gbDAXhFrMKLkBCF/view?usp=sharing

The video ends abruptly but what happens right after is as I said above, it goes back to the Android UI which at that point looks normal again.

Any idea what could be happening here? I have been in contact with AVIN, and while they have been very responsive, I don't think they know what's going on.

Thanks in advance!
I don't think this is related to your boot animation at all, but to be on the safe side: what's your boot animation size?

Most likely this is an issue with one of these:
1. MCU
2. Incorrect screen settings
3. LVDS cable or LVDS board

I would reflash the MCU with most up-to-date version for your unit, double check if the correct screen is selected in factory settings and check all wiring connections.
Appreciate 1