F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CG Precision DS-1 Race Catted Downpipe - Now Fits 340i!
Studio RSR

03-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #67
dotjonnL
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335iX M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Boost View Post
Any vids of this on a stock exhaust car, dp only ??

Also , any dynos of power increase with it on stock car or jb4 car ?
+1 Would like to know the power increase and sound on a stock car
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #68
superherorockstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335

What are some of the reasons one would get a check engine light from a "catted" down pipe? I thought the whole reason to go catted was to avoid the probability of getting a CEL. Also what are the sound characteristics one should expect while using this down pipe on a completely stock exhaust system (loudness and drone) in contrast to using this down pipe with your cat back.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 06:41 AM   #69
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport

Garage List
Any plans to develop catted and catless for the B58 (340i)?

2012 335i Sport Line, RIP
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 06:50 AM   #70
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
Just finished the 3D modeling of our catless and catted components for the 340i yesterday! We will have pictures available in a few weeks as they start rolling out from manufacturing! Compared with the other 340i DP designs, our 3D modeling guarantees better fitment and less restriction. More details will be posted with the product release, or shoot us a PM for updates.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #71
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superherorockstar View Post
What are some of the reasons one would get a check engine light from a "catted" down pipe? I thought the whole reason to go catted was to avoid the probability of getting a CEL. Also what are the sound characteristics one should expect while using this down pipe on a completely stock exhaust system (loudness and drone) in contrast to using this down pipe with your cat back.
If you change the downpipe, catted or catless, you are going to have more emissions than factory. The factory DP is a 2 stage 600 CPSI / 400 CPSI. Many catted DP's are very close to the threshold for triggering a check engine light, so after enough miles, as some of the catalyst material in the core gets used, a check engine light will come on. Our product was designed with enough headroom to never throw a check engine light.

With a factory exhaust you will notice a bit more exhaust tone and burble, no increased rasp or drone. When used with our exhaust system the sound is absolutely wicked when the valve is open. It is a very smooth sound without rasp or drone, but its definitely loud and the turbo spool and burbles are quite pronounced. With the valve closed, it sounds similar in volume to an MPE with downpipe, perfect for when you want to be more stealth but still more aggressive than stock. You can use the factory valve programming (automatically opens / closes as you drive), or you can use our VSC-1 valve controller.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #72
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
Unfortunately we are a bit lacking on data and videos of the sound with a stock car. While we still have the stock system for our development car, we have a long list of to-do's and this is lower down there. Sound and power increase is going to be similar to other catted / catless DP's except that the 5" cat body provides more volume in the DP and thus improves turbo spool, response, and emissions. Various companies show dynos with a lot of different absolute numbers and to be honest with you these numbers can be massaged (not saying they always are). You shouldn't choose one DP vs. another because the company quotes 2-3 more HP than another, the measurements are not scientific enough for this. Reasons to chose this DP vs. others is quality, fitment, thorough R&D, and fully optimized 3D computer modeled design.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #73
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
Sound volume and burbles will definitely increase with this DP on a stock car, as well as turbo spool. The difference in throttle response and top end power is also something you can feel. If you really want to transform your car, pair it with our VS-1 valved exhaust system.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #74
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I'll let you guys know with videos after I get my down pipe and get it installed
      03-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #75
F80Boost
Banned
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennyk. View Post
I'll let you guys know with videos after I get my down pipe and get it installed
Hurry!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #76
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Boost
Quote:
Hurry!!!!!!
I've been going crazy haha I ordered it last Saturday, they think it should be in my hands next week. Then off to supreme power for the install. It's driving me nuts haha I want more sound!
      03-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #77
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
I've been going crazy haha I ordered it last Saturday, they think it should be in my hands next week. Then off to supreme power for the install. It's driving me nuts haha I want more sound!
Is your car with the stock exhaust?

I will like to see both, CG ed/less video pair with MPPK/MPE
      03-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #78
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry
Quote:
Is your car with the stock exhaust?

I will like to see both, CG ed/less video pair with MPPK/MPE
Yup totally stock exhaust!
      03-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #79
F80Boost
Banned
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Yup totally stock exhaust!
Vids hurry!!!!

Do oitside vids

Inside cabin under normal load, full throttle, etx
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #80
superherorockstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Precision
Quote:
If you change the downpipe, catted or catless, you are going to have more emissions than factory. The factory DP is a 2 stage 600 CPSI / 400 CPSI. Many catted DP's are very close to the threshold for triggering a check engine light, so after enough miles, as some of the catalyst material in the core gets used, a check engine light will come on. Our product was designed with enough headroom to never throw a check engine light.

With a factory exhaust you will notice a bit more exhaust tone and burble, no increased rasp or drone. When used with our exhaust system the sound is absolutely wicked when the valve is open. It is a very smooth sound without rasp or drone, but its definitely loud and the turbo spool and burbles are quite pronounced. With the valve closed, it sounds similar in volume to an MPE with downpipe, perfect for when you want to be more stealth but still more aggressive than stock. You can use the factory valve programming (automatically opens / closes as you drive), or you can use our VSC-1 valve controller.
Thanks for the quick reply! Your answer has given me the confidence to purchase this for my car I have a 2014 335i luxury completely stock. will I need the adapter to mate your catted dp to my stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 07:45 AM   #81
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply! Your answer has given me the confidence to purchase this for my car I have a 2014 335i luxury completely stock. will I need the adapter to mate your catted dp to my stock exhaust?
Just purchase the downpipe with the factory connection to the exhaust. For the inlet size, it is most likely 4" for a 2014 car, just confirm that your build date is after July 2013. We provide the adapter with the exhaust system, to mate with the factory DP, you will not need an adapter to fit the DP to the factory exhaust system. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #82
///js
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Let me know when you have it installed at SupremePower. I would like to check it out!
      03-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #83
tsims619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

What's the lead time on the product? I purchased last Friday and my status still says processing. I'm guessing there's an influx in demand and stocks are low...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #84
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsims619
What's the lead time on the product? I purchased last Friday and my status still says processing. I'm guessing theirs an influx in demand and stocks are low...
I just saw this post, I sent you an email already. Any further questions just reply to my email, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #85
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Just finished the 3D modeling of our catless and catted components for the 340i yesterday! We will have pictures available in a few weeks as they start rolling out from manufacturing! Compared with the other 340i DP designs, our 3D modeling guarantees better fitment and less restriction. More details will be posted with the product release, or shoot us a PM for updates.
Can you share any photos/drawings yet?

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #86
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN
Quote:
Quote:
+1 on drawings. I am a CAD & Mfg. Major so I like this kinda stuff.
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #87
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN
Quote:
Quote:

:

Last edited by NICKTENN; 03-24-2016 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: fix gif
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #88
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

ENJOY! Posted on page 1 also.