F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dyno Results - Wagner 200CPSI Downpipe (B58/440i)
ARMA SPEED

03-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #24
BMWiltshire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 440i M-Sport+ MPPSK

Stopsign32v Phantom10R x5mad marcthedark B58togo

Apologies I didn't do this sooner - I have a 3week old baby so have been a bit pre-occupied and have not looked at the forum for a week or so.

I spoke to DMS yesterday and yes, it is crank HP they quote. Whatever anyone thinks about this being silly, it nevertheless is what they state.

In regards this then not being 100% accurate, as far as i'm concerned i'm not that bothered. The main reason I have for wanting to know the HP is to see how much it has improved when I make a mod, and seeing as it's always going back on the same dyno with the same operator the HP figure for the gain should be accurate, even if the overall figure is not. I realise that changes in atmospheric pressure, temperature, etc, also affect the figures, however I believe that these are also corrected for (as much as they can be) - I don't want to keep bothering DMS with more questions though so am not double checking this until next month when I go back to get the Quaife diff. fitted. Feel free to shoot me down if you know better!
Appreciate 1
x5mad351.50
      03-26-2019, 04:24 AM   #25
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWiltshire View Post
Stopsign32v Phantom10R x5mad marcthedark B58togo

Apologies I didn't do this sooner - I have a 3week old baby so have been a bit pre-occupied and have not looked at the forum for a week or so.

I spoke to DMS yesterday and yes, it is crank HP they quote. Whatever anyone thinks about this being silly, it nevertheless is what they state.

In regards this then not being 100% accurate, as far as i'm concerned i'm not that bothered. The main reason I have for wanting to know the HP is to see how much it has improved when I make a mod, and seeing as it's always going back on the same dyno with the same operator the HP figure for the gain should be accurate, even if the overall figure is not. I realise that changes in atmospheric pressure, temperature, etc, also affect the figures, however I believe that these are also corrected for (as much as they can be) - I don't want to keep bothering DMS with more questions though so am not double checking this until next month when I go back to get the Quaife diff. fitted. Feel free to shoot me down if you know better!
Thank you for contacting them and putting this to rest.

Not everything must or has to make sense, just how it is. Your car makes good gains which you can feel. The dyno backs it up somewhat and who cares it isn't accurate if at the end of the day you are happy with your purchase. 👍
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2019, 05:00 AM   #26
BMWiltshire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 440i M-Sport+ MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post

Not everything must or has to make sense, just how it is. Your car makes good gains which you can feel. The dyno backs it up somewhat and who cares it isn't accurate if at the end of the day you are happy with your purchase. 👍
And apologies for over-reacting on that other thread by the way! I was particularly sleep-deprived and grumpy that day
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #27
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWiltshire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post

And apologies for over-reacting on that other thread by the way! I was particularly sleep-deprived and grumpy that day
None required! Totally understand what with a new baby myself.
Appreciate 1