F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > FastActionJax's Melourne Red 328i Build Thread.
ARMA SPEED

03-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #23
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Gorgeous wheels love the color That's gonna look great.

Did you get tired of the AFE springs already?
Actually The springs are great, My complaint with them is that the drivers side is a half inch higher than the passenger side and it drives me nuts lol!
I wasnt planning on buying coilovers but found the KW DDC coilovers new for a price I just couldnt pass up. And still being able to switch between Comfort, sport and sport + modes with coilovers is awesome! I wouldnt have been able to afford them otherwise. I got lucky
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #24
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyvidlah View Post
Awesome car. I have a 6mt as well!

Can you expand on the following:

Clutch Spring Removal
BMS Bumpstop
Clutch Delay Delete

What do each of these do? Would you recommend?
Yes, I can give you my take on it and the reason why I did personally. A lot of forum members here have done it as well. I'll break it into stages depending on what you're after

Stage 1 (Just want to alter clutch movement) (very simple)
The bumpstop is a very simple mod and to sum it up it pretty much just allows you to change how deep the pedals goes when engaged, The OE bumpstop is laughable compared to the BMS, much better clutch feel and shorter push if you want it to be, I didnt like how far the throw was stock. comes with more spacers than needed.

Stage 2 W/bumpstop (Want more clutch feel) (Some mechanical knowledge and tools)
The clutch spring removal allows you to "feel" the actual clutch more (not the pedal) IMO since the helper spring is removed. When you press the clutch in the spring stretches which I believe to be misleading because you think you are feeling the clutch but instead it's just pressure from the spring being stretched and wanting to snap back.

Stage 3 W/ all above done (want total Control of the Clutch and feel to the best of what can be done) (mechanical knowledge and tools required as you must remove slave cylinder and drill it out)
I believe this is the best option for people who have a lot of Manual driving experience and want full clutch feel. The delay valve is there to reduce clutch wear for people with less manual driving experience and to make clutch driving easier they say (and I would assume) with the clutch delay deleted I believe it's much easier to feel and manipulate the friction zone of the clutch when driving more aggressively.

Anyone can feel free to chime in on this if they think otherwise but this is what I believe to be true based off my experience.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
Actually The springs are great, My complaint with them is that the drivers side is a half inch higher than the passenger side and it drives me nuts lol!
I wasnt planning on buying coilovers but found the KW DDC coilovers new for a price I just couldnt pass up. And still being able to switch between Comfort, sport and sport + modes with coilovers is awesome! I wouldnt have been able to afford them otherwise. I got lucky
Interesting, no such problem with my Dinans, but that would bug me too! Nice snag on the coil overs, price notwithstanding I would've 100% gone with coilovers as well. Looking forward to pics
      03-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #26
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I got you homie

Quote:
Interesting, no such problem with my Dinans, but that would bug me too! Nice snag on the coil overs, price notwithstanding I would've 100% gone with coilovers as well. Looking forward to pics
Here's one I took yesterday. With the coilovers so close and my roof still damaged I'm going to wait before going out and taking photo's. I love the wheels though, I was truly nervous about how they would look. But, they are great!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
rjd_F301999.50
mdand16.50
Zanity731.00
      03-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #27
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's one I took yesterday. With the coilovers so close and my roof still damaged I'm going to wait before going out and taking photo's. I love the wheels though, I was truly nervous about how they would look. But, they are great!
Super clean. Bronze on red is bold but I like it

Congrats on the new setup
      03-07-2019, 03:50 PM   #28
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Super clean. Bronze on red is bold but I like it

Congrats on the new setup
Thanks bro! I love it, I was a little worried about the more aggressive offset with the 275's but with a little negative camber They fit perfect and It's still looking like I'll be able to tuck them nicely with the KW's. The last remaining thing I want is the MHI big turbo But I'm going to wait till the Stock one goes first, It's going to take a bit to Recover From the Wheels and Suspension :/
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #29
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks bro! I love it, I was a little worried about the more aggressive offset with the 275's but with a little negative camber They fit perfect and It's still looking like I'll be able to tuck them nicely with the KW's. The last remaining thing I want is the MHI big turbo But I'm going to wait till the Stock one goes first, It's going to take a bit to Recover From the Wheels and Suspension :/
I feel that. I'm gonna ride my stock turbo as long as I can, but if it goes, it's definitely gonna be MHI.
      03-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #30
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Nice, I used to live in Panama City Beach for 12 years.

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #31
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

I think melbourne red is such an underrated color for our car. It really looks amazing.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #32
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
Nice, I used to live in Panama City Beach for 12 years.
Really? When did you leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
I think melbourne red is such an underrated color for our car. It really looks amazing.
Yes. I definitely agree! When I save up for an f80 I'm going to try to find a melbourne red one, if I cant find an Atlantis blue one which I know I wont lol!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #33
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Yes. I definitely agree! When I save up for an f80 I'm going to try to find a melbourne red one, if I cant find an Atlantis blue one which I know I wont lol!!
Ya blue is most popular, funny thing here where I am in Vancouver BC is, there are lots of blue black and white, but I've only seen one other red F30 and F32 on the road ever, its the most rare color here period for F series.
      03-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #34
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
Ya blue is most popular, funny thing here where I am in Vancouver BC is, there are lots of blue black and white, but I've only seen one other red F30 and F32 on the road ever, its the most rare color here period for F series.
Yeah I've seen one red one local to me and it's a 320i, I've seen two or three e92's though. I'm happy to have a red one although I wasnt looking for red when I purchased I'm Glad it worked out that way.
Appreciate 1
Zanity731.00
      03-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #35
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Yes!

Got my KW DDC Coilovers in today!

Hopefully I can find the time to install them sometime in the next month
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      03-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #36
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
things are coming together!!

Roof is now painted black, Much better than Vinyl

Once the KW's are on I'll take better photo's!
Attached Images

Last edited by FastActionJax; 03-13-2019 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
rjd_F301999.50
Kirby8677.50
      03-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #37
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Really? When did you leave?

Yes, I lived in Bay Point. I left in 2013. I still come back all the time. I own a commercial property in Calaway that got hit by the hurricane. Used to do a lot of racing on 79 before the air port was back there. From 2004-2008.

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #38
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Finally got my KW's installed :)

I actually had cold feet the night before throwing them on because some of my past experiences with coilovers weren't that great. Likely because they were all budget coilovers. I figured I'd try again with a Well Known brand in a higher price point and see how it goes. After looking around and around I kept going back to the KW DDC Coilovers because I really liked the idea of still being able to use the factory control of comfort thru sport+. Some months later I just so happened to come across a brand new set at a fraction of the price of retail so I couldnt resist. I must say I am impressed, the ride quality is still excellent. So much in fact that my wife didnt even notice I had put them on lol (she is a comfort snob) so that says a lot to me haha. Car looks great now, body roll was significantly reduced and I can still switch back and forth thru the suspension settings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #39
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
a little 93 octane.....

makes the world go round!
Attached Images

Last edited by FastActionJax; 07-13-2019 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0