F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Battery Question
GetBMWParts

03-10-2024, 04:04 PM   #1
NewBimmerOwner
Rep
Drives: 2013 3series

Battery Question

So new to the BMW word. Have a project car, 328i that I got from my son. Long story shot having issue with it running. When I got it he did put a brand new battery in it and that's it. He bought it from some kid here then had it shipped to Cali since he is stationed out there and then had it shipped here. So been fixing a bunch of things on it and had the battery out and on my CETK for a few weeks. Decided to get back on the car and tested the battery with a Snap-On battery analyzer and it's all good. Put it in the car and turned it on and in about maybe 20-25 seconds it says battery low start engine?? Wait a damn second. My analyzer says it good. Put it on my charger and in about under an hour it was charged. Tested it again, says it's good. Put it back in and same damn thing. So again I charged it and before connecting it I did an parasitic draw. I will say electrical is no where near my strong point so if I did something wrong please let me know. Connected the multimeter to amps and I was at 0.9. Normal should be around 0.5? So I was like, let me pull some fuses and see what happens. Had all the door closed and waited about a hour so everything goes to sleep and started pulling fuses. And the value on the multimeter never changed. So I re hooked the battery back up and in about 20-25 seconds i still get the same message. WTF am I doing wrong? WTF am I overlooking?
Appreciate 0