F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > XHP Trans Tune - Experiences and reviews?
proTUNING Freaks

12-04-2023, 02:59 PM   #397
minulache
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 F36

The tuner was doing this before Xhp appeared anyway. I managed to get in contact so the torque limiter was removed and the gears to show, so I can also transfer them to XHP without any problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 05:33 PM   #398
minulache
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Since this thread still alive.
I had XHP for over two years, 90% on stage 2. My trans is now harsh, sometimes, on 1-2 engagement.
The car is only 63k km, XHP issue? who knows.
Can you post the transmission adaptations?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 04:07 PM   #399
minulache
Enlisted Member
Rep

So eventually I bit the bullet and got the XHP Flash license only. I removed the torque limiters, gear display, went with the sportive preset for shiftmap on D and I assigned Medium and Fast on the shift speeds on the transmission for a B47 engine, 2.0 litre diesel. The car is completely different now! Finally it keeps it in the torque range, the upshifts and downshifts are so fast and so smooth now, really happy with it.

Last edited by minulache; 12-08-2023 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 03:24 PM   #400
Bad-Alias
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m140i

I had to reinstall xhp the other day, but now my shift farts have almost gone.

what do i need to change to get them back please.

m140, running stage 3 in xhp (i have the map pack)

I tried the ignition-cut shifting, and moved them all to the left, so should be more and louder. but still no where near as loud as it was before the re-flash.

in comfort mode, next to nothing for pops and bangs and no upshift fart.

what am i doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 03:29 PM   #401
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Drive a bit, they may get back after a few km.
      03-13-2024, 07:03 PM   #402
bobby-six-killer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring

I think they’ve changed quite a bit since the “night and day” reviews.

Have it on a gen 1 340, not remapped yet but was curious since a fair few of the earlier guys said it made as much difference as a mild remap.

I’m looking forward to seeing the comparison.

Not really fiddled with the knobs yet though, wanted to let it do whatever it’s going to do in the run in.

I guess they may well have changed things to make it work better with much more torque going through the box so that unless you’re a good 100-150 more than standard it’s not going to trigger as much of the shift reductions? Dunno, just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 01:08 PM   #403
Bad-Alias
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m140i

im running around 480 bhp
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 06:15 AM   #404
bobby-six-killer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring

When you flash you can choose to use one of the older versions, s3 only goes back to 2023 but s2 goes back to October 2019.

Maybe you could try one of the older ones or even contact them to see if they can help you out with installing an older one than those available in the app?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 01:42 AM   #405
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

So I just read through this entire thread and post #296 on page 14 had some custom shifting points that I am most interested in it seems. I used to drive a DCT FBO 2011 335is with the 1m or whatever trans flash on it. and now am the proud owner of a 440i on stage 2 BM3 (just a DP). I am new to the b58 platform and am still getting used to it honestly. In M mode I like the current drivability but in normal D in Sport it still shits way too early and low RPM for me and never seems to be in the correct gear or able to hold the gear i want. so that is what brought me to reading about the xHP.

basically i miss my old trans, sound/shifting points/speed/ 0-60 launches (not launch mode but launching by myself). Has anyone been able to get a good custom map that will hold their gears just a little higher into the rpm range in Sport on D?

worst case for me is getting all excited about this, dropping some $$, flashing, and having the shifting points be even more annoying than stock then not really being able to go back even. i see where some folks changed from OTS to stock shift points and said it was still better than stock stock.

did anybody contact that person about getting a custom map made, any feedback?? thanks,
      03-27-2024, 01:48 AM   #406
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
Recently, after carefully reading the OTS map details, I switched from stg3 to stg2 because there are some features in stg3 that I didn't want/need.
However, I found the stg2 OTS shift maps for D and S to be too close together. There didn't seem to be enough difference between them.
So, I decided to try the "Relaxed" and "Sportive" OTS shift maps. I found those to be too far apart and the "Sportive" was too aggressive for my tastes.
So, then I decided to try the shift map editor feature. My goal was to make the stg2 Drive map a little more relaxed and the Sport map a little more aggressive. I used the settings below and am happy with the results. Now, there is a noticeable difference between D and S, but it's not "too much".
I thought I'd share my settings in case someone else feels the same about the stg2 OTS shift maps and might want to try my settings. Enjoy!
I'm curious if you have any update to these settings. I am hoping to flash xHP soon and would like to get a little higher in the rev range before it shifts in Sport on D mode. Maybe even in Comfort in D as well. Wondering if you stayed happy with this map setting long term or what? thanks,
      03-27-2024, 03:59 PM   #407
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_sojah View Post
I'm curious if you have any update to these settings. I am hoping to flash xHP soon and would like to get a little higher in the rev range before it shifts in Sport on D mode. Maybe even in Comfort in D as well. Wondering if you stayed happy with this map setting long term or what? thanks,
I'm currently using Stage 2 w/ stock shift maps, customized as follows and I'm very happy with them.

Drive:
Up-shifts: -10, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4, +2
Down-shifts: -10, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4

Sport:
Up-shifts: -10, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4
Down-shifts: -10, +16, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2024, 06:18 PM   #408
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
I'm currently using Stage 2 w/ stock shift maps, customized as follows and I'm very happy with them.

Drive:
Up-shifts: -10, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4, +2
Down-shifts: -10, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4

Sport:
Up-shifts: -10, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6, +4
Down-shifts: -10, +16, +14, +12, +10, +8, +6
thanks for this, i am planning on using this as a base template when i flash.

can i ask your driving style & traffic conditions, and how you might describe the feel of this vs stock stock? oh also current performance mods and stage/tune etc... hahah thanks for humoring me i appreciate it.

i've only owned this car (f33 b58 stage 2 bm3 with DP) for about 2 months. my driving conditions are drastically different for me now in Okinawa vs when i had a FBO e93 335is DCT in HI.

In HI on my prev DCT I had some nice mix of city & highway and some great long stretches on the highway for my commute that i could do some nice pulls all the way through the gears. but weekend driving there sucked and was not very enjoyable.
now back in Okinawa JP and morning commute is like stop and go and top speed posted is 50km although most traffic barely gets to that for more than about 2 lights. Aside from a few blasts past slow traffic on the occasional second lane and maybe 1 or 2 0-80/100km (0-60mph) launches from red lights if i'm lucky that is my daily commute. weekends can be fun in the twisties up north but max speed posted is like 40-50kmh, i can hit like 80km-100km for a few seconds at a time before coming up on other traffic. mostly just slow city stop and go cruising with the occasional lineup at a red light. if i could remember how to stay up late and go for a drive (and not be drinking) then i could go hang out with all the riced out tuner boys again, but those days seem long behind me now...

some mornings i feel like the only one stuck in traffic driving a racecar
      03-27-2024, 09:37 PM   #409
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:

can i ask your driving style & traffic conditions, and how you might describe the feel of this vs stock stock? oh also current performance mods and stage/tune etc... hahah thanks for humoring me i appreciate it.

i've only owned this car (f33 b58 stage 2 bm3 with DP) for about 2 months. my driving conditions are drastically different for me now in Okinawa vs when i had a FBO e93 335is DCT in HI.

In HI on my prev DCT I had some nice mix of city & highway and some great long stretches on the highway for my commute that i could do some nice pulls all the way through the gears. but weekend driving there sucked and was not very enjoyable.
now back in Okinawa JP and morning commute is like stop and go and top speed posted is 50km although most traffic barely gets to that for more than about 2 lights. Aside from a few blasts past slow traffic on the occasional second lane and maybe 1 or 2 0-80/100km (0-60mph) launches from red lights if i'm lucky that is my daily commute. weekends can be fun in the twisties up north but max speed posted is like 40-50kmh, i can hit like 80km-100km for a few seconds at a time before coming up on other traffic. mostly just slow city stop and go cruising with the occasional lineup at a red light. if i could remember how to stay up late and go for a drive (and not be drinking) then i could go hang out with all the riced out tuner boys again, but those days seem long behind me now...

You're welcome. Glad I could help.
My mods are in my sig. MHD tune is Stg 2 93 oct.
Driving style is 'spirited', when there's no traffic and conditions permit; which, unfortunately is not very often in my area.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors

Last edited by PeterWT; 03-28-2024 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 03:51 PM   #410
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWB58

Quote:

Haha driving during daytime in most of Japan it is almost impossible to drive "spirited", didn't know it was the same in Okinawa island. Except maybe some nice touges, but police is more present and wary than they used to be. You are Japanese, or stationed in Japan ?
M140i - MHD Stage 2+ E40 - XHP Stage 3 - Catless DP - TU HPFP - MP LSD - MP Exhaust - Endless ME20 brakepads w/ Castrol SRF fluid - Bilstein B12 - Millway solid rear subframe bushings - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2024, 10:35 PM   #411
Nativo
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i THP Blk Saphire Meta

Has anyone with Transmission XHP used their car in open track days can provide feedback on how the transmission up shifts and more importantly downshifts before a corner?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 11:47 PM   #412
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativo View Post
Has anyone with Transmission XHP used their car in open track days can provide feedback on how the transmission up shifts and more importantly downshifts before a corner?
Yeah I did and it worked perfectly fine as you'd expect. Responsive and no issues even after multiple laps in a row. Super fast upshifts and responsive downshifts too with throttle blip.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 10:27 AM   #413
Nativo
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDuck View Post
Yeah I did and it worked perfectly fine as you'd expect. Responsive and no issues even after multiple laps in a row. Super fast upshifts and responsive downshifts too with throttle blip.
Thanks DieselDuck, my car’s engine and transmission are 100% stock, last weekend I went to Buttonwillow and drove it on Sport+ but found many corners where the transmission wouldn’t downshift until exiting the corners not before as expected. This is why am researching on the xHp TCU flash.
Would you say that the car downshifts as expected on a road course?
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 04:41 PM   #414
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

It wouldn’t downshift in manual mode!? 😯
      04-12-2024, 06:08 PM   #415
Nativo
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
It wouldn’t downshift in manual mode!? 😯
Yes but my car is too quiet(for now) and I spend more time looking at the cluster than the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 07:29 AM   #416
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks DieselDuck, my car’s engine and transmission are 100% stock, last weekend I went to Buttonwillow and drove it on Sport+ but found many corners where the transmission wouldn’t downshift until exiting the corners not before as expected. This is why am researching on the xHp TCU flash.
Thanks,
I'm not quite sure how to answer this lol, it just works fine for me.

Check your pm
M140i - MHD Stage 2+ E40 - XHP Stage 3 - Catless DP - TU HPFP - MP LSD - MP Exhaust - Endless ME20 brakepads w/ Castrol SRF fluid - Bilstein B12 - Millway solid rear subframe bushings - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 10:31 PM   #417
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDuck View Post
Haha driving during daytime in most of Japan it is almost impossible to drive "spirited", didn't know it was the same in Okinawa island. Except maybe some nice touges, but police is more present and wary than they used to be. You are Japanese, or stationed in Japan ?
Prior stationed now homed here. My wife is japanese. Yeah over the years the traffic has gotten much worse and more cars with same amount of roads = less fun driving experiences. And i can't stay up to 2 am and go racing around like i used to so i guess i am just resigned to speeding through traffic from light to light now.

Went to a concert and car show Saturday and it was not nearly as cool as the old days used to be, although literally some of the same cars with their new owners
      04-15-2024, 07:32 AM   #418
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Thanks,
That sounds like you have something wrong that you should be checking into before tossing a flash tune over top of it. Did you check for any codes in the TCU?
Appreciate 0