F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #2553
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Try to join the Google localization services and put your country position maybe?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 06:11 AM   #2554
rasel800
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25)

New iDrive teaser...

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #2555
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasel800 View Post
New iDrive teaser...

That is the most awkward thing BMW did in recent years... just behind the 3/4 series grill.
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      01-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #2556
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
hi guys
i have the sd625 with android 10 from droid uk , is it possible to usb tether for the unit's internet from phone ? i want to leave the wifi and bt free for other things but can't seem to get it working , nothing happens when i select usb tethering in the hu's options and nothing in the factory settings for it either
tia
can anyone help please ? I've tried everything so is this even possible?
thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #2557
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
New iDrive teaser...
Can't we have anything without activism and politicizing? This video is full of political undertones, feminism and disrespect for traditions and the elderly. The trend is that big companies do everything they can to distance themselves from their traditional customers who made them great.
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      01-21-2021, 07:25 PM   #2558
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjam View Post
Can't we have anything without activism and politicizing? This video is full of political undertones, feminism and disrespect for traditions and the elderly. The trend is that big companies do everything they can to distance themselves from their traditional customers who made them great.
And on top of that, people who this ad addresses and is made by won't consider buying a car from this brand... it's so f***ing annoying that these days, movies, tv shows, video games, ads, media in general are made by and for people that are completely not interested in it.

How many of them care about Star Trek lore for example? Yet we've been served this complete rubbish, full of gender politics and cry babies, that no one wants to watch. The list of this nonsense is endless. All I ask for is a material that respects what have been established before, is well written, acted and interesting to watch.

Anyways, rant is over as I went off topic by a mile!
Appreciate 2
Mjam133.50
Stainy265.00
      01-22-2021, 12:54 AM   #2559
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
New iDrive teaser...

I don't like this advertisement: Respect is earned, it cannot be obtained by force or by propaganda ...
This "good camps" and his unique thought is sufficient in itself to affirm that all that goes against him: it is evil ...
it becomes so ridiculous and common that it is not seen and not even noticed anymore. And it is spreading in all countries and in all houses, in all minds.
By disavowing our grandparents and their traditions which nevertheless made us what we can be today: Standing people, proud, free to think and to express themselves.

SUBJECT: This interior is empty and is not warm, it is with this gigantic grille in tune with the times ...
To modify this idrive or to replace, our Chinese friends will have a job!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:58 AM   #2560
JetForce
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er (F21 LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Short Info.

Noticed that there was an additional change with 2.5.4 / 2.5.8 Update.
  • Change: "Phonelink" tile hard coded to ZLINK now, so not able to replace by KswRedirect anymore for now !

So if someone is using KswRedirect at "Phonelink" Tile its highly recommended to stay below 2.5.4 , still 2.3.6 is the last recommended update for now, before memorykiller kicked in.

I Updated the Changlogs regarding this informations.

Kri
Sorry for that maybe dumb question, but what is actually meant with the „phonelink tile" - which element is it in the HU?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 04:08 AM   #2561
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Short Info.

Noticed that there was an additional change with 2.5.4 / 2.5.8 Update.
  • Change: "Phonelink" tile hard coded to ZLINK now, so not able to replace by KswRedirect anymore for now !

So if someone is using KswRedirect at "Phonelink" Tile its highly recommended to stay below 2.5.4 , still 2.3.6 is the last recommended update for now, before memorykiller kicked in.

I Updated the Changlogs regarding this informations.

Kri
Hello friend Kri

Tell me ? Do you think it would be possible to identify the process you call "memorykiller" and try to stop it in turn via a TASKER method?

Because it seems to kill my widgets (even with Android 9) and it bothers me to no longer have the speed camera detectors...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 04:42 AM   #2562
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post

Hello friend Kri

Tell me ? Do you think it would be possible to identify the process you call "memorykiller" and try to stop it in turn via a TASKER method?

Because it seems to kill my widgets (even with Android 9) and it bothers me to no longer have the speed camera detectors...
LMK (low memory killer) is part of Android OS and you cannot turn it off. Problem is how aggressive it has been setup by devs. With the latest KSW versions it has been a mistake - apparently when we say 85%, Chinese say 15% to refer the same value (like in reverse to what we say). New profile has been set to 15% of total memory, so whenever you open apps and RAM gets used up by more that 15% of the total capacity, apps will be shut down. It was meant to be 85% but it got literally lost in translation.
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      01-22-2021, 05:51 AM   #2563
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

YESSS

At the time under Kitkat it was in the "build.prop" line

Code:
ro.config.low_ram=
But that necessarily required decompiling "SystemUI" which I certainly will not do here ...

I will see the evolutions of this lmk (from now) tonight and I will come back to tell you here.

Thank you, friend
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #2564
Moaus
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

Hi,
Snapdragon 4g/64g, on the latest version.
I'm having issues with low volume when starting my car (volume level is fine only after i toggle the mode button) and short press on voice button not starting navigation app (only long press starting google voice on my phone).
I've looked into factory mode (android) and everything is set up right.
I've also Tried new factory config file with no change.
I'm loosing it 😭😭😭.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #2565
cracyelektron
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 645ci E63 / 318i E91

Hello, as a new user i have a question,

does any of you know whether there is a new update for
Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS that eliminates the bug with the rear view camera and the original PDC.

The PDC can be switched on using the original PDC button, but the Android camera / PDC is not displayed here, actually the Android image should adapt accordingly.

When the reverse gear is engaged, the original PDC switches on and the Android image also changes to camera / PDC, that's okay too.

If you switch back to forward gear, the camera / PDC display of the Android goes out, although the original PDC remains switched on until a certain speed or a certain distance has been reached.

The camera / PDC display of the Android should always be
adapt to the status of the original PDC.

Thank you, friend
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #2566
rasel800
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25)

noob question, while phone is connected to Android over Bluetooth and making call, which microphone is being used?
car microphone, phone microphone, display microphone?
Is it the same while using Android Auto or CarPlay?
any configurations to control this?

Last edited by rasel800; 01-22-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #2567
jkont
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracyelektron View Post

Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS that eliminates the bug with the rear view camera and the original PDC.

The PDC can be switched on using the original PDC button, but the Android camera / PDC is not displayed here, actually the Android image should adapt accordingly.

When the reverse gear is engaged, the original PDC switches on and the Android image also changes to camera / PDC, that's okay too.

If you switch back to forward gear, the camera / PDC display of the Android goes out, although the original PDC remains switched on until a certain speed or a certain distance has been reached.

Thank you, friend
Quote:

Thank you, friend
Obviously you have connected your camera not on the +12v out of the Android HU , but in the reverse light cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #2568
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

What a headache I had trying to understand the developments since Kitkat !! If I understood correctly LMKd now runs outside of kernels (user style) Android 10 and later support a new lmkd mode that uses kernel pressure stall information (PSI) monitors for memory pressure detection and it will be complicated to master this without touching to the nuclei, what pain!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:54 PM   #2569
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
noob question, while phone is connected to Android over Bluetooth and making call, which microphone is being used?
car microphone, phone microphone, display microphone?
Is it the same while using Android Auto or CarPlay?
any configurations to control this?
I believe in factory settings :
You choose Android: HU microphone
You choose OEM: car microphone
You choose nothing: You scream into your phone microphone so that we can hear
Appreciate 1
ooati6.50
      01-23-2021, 04:17 AM   #2570
cracyelektron
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 645ci E63 / 318i E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkont View Post
Obviously you have connected your camera not on the +12v out of the Android HU , but in the reverse light cable.
I connected the camera to the + 12V of the Android HU.
This + 12V is also after the gear change by the HU
switched off for approx. 2 seconds although the original PDC is still active.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:52 AM   #2571
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I connected the camera to the + 12V of the Android HU.
This + 12V is also after the gear change by the HU
switched off for approx. 2 seconds although the original PDC is still active.
Just noticed: Big welcome to another 645Ci! There are so few of us here.

Back on topic, the issue you're describing affects some units for some vendors and has nothing to do (in theory) with how you wired your reverse camera. This is an MCU issue, PDC will be only shown when car is in reverse, completely ignoring how it should work. I reported this back to my seller on multiple occasions, for them to only reply "Friend, this is normal"... describing the issue and making multiple videos showing the difference between OEM behaviour and Android screen, nothing.

However, so users report that if you replace your PDC module with the latest available version, it will solve this problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:15 AM   #2572
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaus View Post
Hi,
Snapdragon 4g/64g, on the latest version.
I'm having issues with low volume when starting my car (volume level is fine only after i toggle the mode button) and short press on voice button not starting navigation app (only long press starting google voice on my phone).
I've looked into factory mode (android) and everything is set up right.
I've also Tried new factory config file with no change.
I'm loosing it 😭😭😭.
Low audio bug is well documented and there's a fix have you tried that? (see first page)......please say you have
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #2573
Moaus
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainy View Post
Low audio bug is well documented and there's a fix have you tried that? (see first page)......please say you have
Actually i did try, didn't work for me (I'll give it another try today).
What about speak button to open navigation app ? It did work before (on early versions and factory config) but now i just can't find a solution.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #2574
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Morning Kri.

I'm getting a mounting error on my A10 SD625, when using your v2 root tool. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0