F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-23-2021, 06:33 AM   #2575
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooleydoo View Post
Morning Kri.

I'm getting a mounting error on my A10 SD625, when using your v2 root tool. Any ideas?
i noticed that also that this may sometimes happen, but normally when running the script a second time then it will work.
ensure no adb.exe is running anymore at task-manage before running the script a 2nd time.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #2576
halson
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Did you also make sure to update to Kri's revised factory_config.xml?

At a minimum, 2.6.1 and that factory file are needed for the UI you want to show up in the factory settings list, afaik.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #2577
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
i noticed that also that this may sometimes happen, but normally when running the script a second time then it will work.
ensure no adb.exe is running anymore at task-manage before running the script a 2nd time.

Kri

Second times a charm! Worked fine. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:06 AM   #2578
cracyelektron
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 645ci E63 / 318i E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Just noticed: Big welcome to another 645Ci! There are so few of us here.

Back on topic, the issue you're describing affects some units for some vendors and has nothing to do (in theory) with how you wired your reverse camera. This is an MCU issue, PDC will be only shown when car is in reverse, completely ignoring how it should work. I reported this back to my seller on multiple occasions, for them to only reply "Friend, this is normal"... describing the issue and making multiple videos showing the difference between OEM behaviour and Android screen, nothing.

However, so users report that if you replace your PDC module with the latest available version, it will solve this problem.

Hello RedErik

Thank you for the information. that means I have a new one
The PDC module should be installed.
Do you know more about it?
The original BMW control unit No. 9145 158 up to 2008 is installed in the E63 (2003).
After that I would have to use the BMW control unit no. 9185 139, which was installed from 2008, is that correct?

I have already renewed almost all age-related illnesses on my E63, such as B. Leakage / Valvetronic / Drive Shaft / Chassis and so on. I've been driving the E63 since 2004 / 270.000km
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #2579
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracyelektron View Post
Hello RedErik

Thank you for the information. that means I have a new one
The PDC module should be installed.
Do you know more about it?
The original BMW control unit No. 9145 158 up to 2008 is installed in the E63 (2003).
After that I would have to use the BMW control unit no. 9185 139, which was installed from 2008, is that correct?

I have already renewed almost all age-related illnesses on my E63, such as B. Leakage / Valvetronic / Drive Shaft / Chassis and so on. I've been driving the E63 since 2004 / 270.000km
WOW! So you had it from new? I had mine for only 6 years but managed to DIY valve stem seals already... mine has about 160000km on the clock.

As for the PDC module, sorry I don't know anything else... this was reported by other user here on the forum. As you said the latest one is 66 20 9185 139 which was fitted after March 2008, but still is listed as compatible with our cars. On eBay these modules go for anything between £60 to £100, so maybe I will try one after all...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:20 AM   #2580
JetForce
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er (F21 LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
FYI, regarding the external mic, it works fine only when you cut off the internal one, otherwise internal mic has priority. There is no HW or SW switching between mics in the HU.
That tested many times. Good solution for those who don't have oem BT.
I played around with the microphones quite a while now and can confirm the post here that stated, that the input volume of the microphones are "terribly low" (both internal HU mic and external mic which was part of the HU's delivery content).

However my resume is: the internal mic is crappy AND the input volume seems quite low. When I connect the external mic it definitely gets used as source, but the input volume is incredibly low. However the quality is way better (when I put it directly in front of my mouth and speak loud enough), than the internal HU mic.

What I am wondering: you're stating that it's a good solution for those who haven't OEM BT, to cut of the internal mic.

Here is my question: I have a OEM BT. When I connect my phone to the head units bluetooth and using ZLINK (CarPlay) e.g., when I chose "Original BT" in the android settings, does that mean that then it is using the integrated BMW microphone of my car?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #2581
Azkaban71
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: 320d Sport

Quote:
I connected the camera to the + 12V of the Android HU.
This + 12V is also after the gear change by the HU
switched off for approx. 2 seconds although the original PDC is still active.
Hi there

I'm having same issue. If any of you know a possible solution please let us know.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #2582
Jetiman
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60 BJ2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblyjoe View Post
Finally got around to finishing my Avin install in my E82, however seems few steps forward, one step back. This what I have connected:
- Android Auto Dongle (working fine)
- DAB+ (got it to work)
- Rear parking camera (working when in reverse and at the moment without additional power)
- Front DVR

I have one USB dedicated to the Android Auto and the other using an aftermarket hub to connect the DAB+, its antennae and the front DVR. However with both DVR and DAB plugged in, neither will work. I've tried a different USB hub to no effect.

Any ideas of how to get these all working harmoniously together or is this simply the limitation of this device i.e. can only have two full powered dongles attached at a time
I have such a problem too. DVR always works. Dab + only when the DVR camera is not connected to the car. When I plug the DVR camera into a USB 12v adapter, the dab + reception is disturbed.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #2583
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetForce View Post
I played around with the microphones quite a while now and can confirm the post here that stated, that the input volume of the microphones are "terribly low" (both internal HU mic and external mic which was part of the HU's delivery content).

However my resume is: the internal mic is crappy AND the input volume seems quite low. When I connect the external mic it definitely gets used as source, but the input volume is incredibly low. However the quality is way better (when I put it directly in front of my mouth and speak loud enough), than the internal HU mic.

What I am wondering: you're stating that it's a good solution for those who haven't OEM BT, to cut of the internal mic.

Here is my question: I have a OEM BT. When I connect my phone to the head units bluetooth and using ZLINK (CarPlay) e.g., when I chose "Original BT" in the android settings, does that mean that then it is using the integrated BMW microphone of my car?

Thanks in advance!
No, I don't think so. When the Original BT is chosen you won't have Carplay connection since your Android BT is off.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #2584
peoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650 Grand Coupe xDrive

Full screen backup camera

Is there a way to remove the PDC image of the car so the backup camera can be full screen (minus the left menu)?

Name:  PDC2.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  198.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:06 AM   #2585
cracyelektron
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaban71 View Post
Hi there

I'm having same issue. If any of you know a possible solution please let us know.
Hi
what is the year of construction of your car and type so that we can identify the installed PDC.
Which Android Hu and software version does it have.
Maybe we can see a possible connection here.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:02 AM   #2586
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoe View Post
Is there a way to remove the PDC image of the car so the backup camera can be full screen (minus the left menu)?

Attachment 2512567
AFAIK there's no this option to remove the PDC image.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:06 AM   #2587
Azkaban71
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: 320d Sport

Quote:
Hi
what is the year of construction of your car and type so that we can identify the installed PDC.
Which Android Hu and software version does it have.
Maybe we can see a possible connection here.
Hi, thanks for your answer.

Car is a BMW 320d manufactured Agoust,2015. It has NBT whith BMW navigation system. PDC forward and rear.

Regarding HU:
MCU Ver: 023055dGS-NBT-GTH-DC-201117
APP Ver: Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.5.3
Sys Ver: 10-8953EA-1
Flash: 49.49GB/64GB
RAM: 4GB

Very much appreciated your interesting in this.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:53 AM   #2588
cracyelektron
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaban71 View Post
Hi, thanks for your answer.

Car is a BMW 320d manufactured Agoust,2015. It has NBT whith BMW navigation system. PDC forward and rear.

Regarding HU:
MCU Ver: 023055dGS-NBT-GTH-DC-201117
APP Ver: Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.5.3
Sys Ver: 10-8953EA-1
Flash: 49.49GB/64GB
RAM: 4GB

Very much appreciated your interesting in this.
OKAY.

You have installed a different (newer) control unit than we did
and have the same problems as you, so it can't be the control unit (PDC), we can rule that out.

So it can only be a general software problem with the Android Hu. We have the same software V2.4.9 and V2.5.3
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #2589
dandelion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi

I tried searching this thread but can't find the answer:

How long does it take to boot the unit up? Does it cold boot every time? Does the unit have a low-power sleep mode if I connect it to a constant power source?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #2590
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
I tried searching this thread but can't find the answer:

How long does it take to boot the unit up? Does it cold boot every time? Does the unit have a low-power sleep mode if I connect it to a constant power source?
For Snapdragon 625 units it usually takes 20-30 seconds to boot. Android unit is connected via OEM head unit power which means it gets fully powered down, however the fast boot is already enabled on these units. If you connect it to a constant power source it will still follow commands from the CAN bus telling it to turn off. If you unplug it from CAN then it's going to be powered (turned on) for as long you have power to it. If you unplug CAN side then you will loose some functionality.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #2591
Moaus
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaus View Post
Actually i did try, didn't work for me (I'll give it another try today).
What about speak button to open navigation app ? It did work before (on early versions and factory config) but now i just can't find a solution.
I've managed to resolve low volume issue but still struggling with the navigation button.
Short pressing the speak button does nothing and long press opens Google on my phone.
I've looked into factory setup and it's on the right option.
Anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #2592
dandelion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
For Snapdragon 625 units it usually takes 20-30 seconds to boot. Android unit is connected via OEM head unit power which means it gets fully powered down, however the fast boot is already enabled on these units. If you connect it to a constant power source it will still follow commands from the CAN bus telling it to turn off. If you unplug it from CAN then it's going to be powered (turned on) for as long you have power to it. If you unplug CAN side then you will loose some functionality.
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply! I've read from some threads that as android loads it shows the OEM interface. Since my car doesn't have OEM navigation, I suppose it'll just be the boot screen as it boots up?

I am deciding between this unit and a Joying Universal 10.25". The Joying unit has fast 1-2 second boot and it doesn't use AUX for audio, while this one simply flows better with the dash design and have a wider userbase for customization and support.

I can live with aux audio because right now I use an external bluetooth receiver that plugs into the aux port anyways. Would you say the boot time bothers you? And overall would you say it is stable? Does it run smoothly unless you update system/change settings, or would something just stop working every now and then out of nowhere?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #2593
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply! I've read from some threads that as android loads it shows the OEM interface. Since my car doesn't have OEM navigation, I suppose it'll just be the boot screen as it boots up?

I am deciding between this unit and a Joying Universal 10.25". The Joying unit has fast 1-2 second boot and it doesn't use AUX for audio, while this one simply flows better with the dash design and have a wider userbase for customization and support.

I can live with aux audio because right now I use an external bluetooth receiver that plugs into the aux port anyways. Would you say the boot time bothers you? And overall would you say it is stable? Does it run smoothly unless you update system/change settings, or would something just stop working every now and then out of nowhere?
You can select wether you want your unit to boot to OEM or Android. If you choose Android you will see boot animation (which you can change if you want).

As for the stability of the unit, yeah no major complaints there, so far didn't have any issues with it. Sure it can be improved in so many ways, but we try to help people get a better experience with them: custom launchers, apps, themes, even one of us is working on a custom MCU service to replace current one.

And here we come to the boot up time... it depends. Personally I'm annoyed that it takes 20-30sec but I learned to live with it. A massive improvement would be if these units could start booting as soon as you unlock the car, but currently it's not possible (again it is something that is being worked on but no ETAs). Some people have their routine when they get into the car so 20-30sec is nothing for them, so depends.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #2594
mooman007
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Have a 2010 X5M with CIC, I recently installed 10.25 head unit off alibaba with android 10, snapdragon, 4gb/64gb...I want to also update my BMW nav map from the original 2009 premium version 1. to be able to use my HUD direction arrows and 2. so I can continue to listen to sirius radio and navigate at same time as switching to android side cuts off CIC audio as android unit runs thru AUX and obviously can;t run 2 inputs at the same time.
Needed a firmware update as my 2021 map install via USB stalled at 79.5% saying it is unreadable (I have no checkmark or i) so took it to local dealer and they couldn't connect to the car at all saying was due to the android unit...

any one else had this problem?
I assumed that everything would work as before as the 10.25 uses a piggyback harness retaining stock wiring etc....my USB in glovebox still works OK...will be a real pain to revert back to stock anytime I need to connect to the car
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #2595
cyhton
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

Any TPMS suggestions from aliexpress for my snap 625 unit? my car doesnt have it from factory but i'd like to add this feature.
Also my GPS signal is really bad, my google maps location is 20-30seconds behind from my actual location. I installed the android gps antenna behind the HU.
Can I connect my original car gps antenna to android HU and vice versa because i never use my OEM Navigation?

Last edited by cyhton; 01-24-2021 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #2596
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hi,

Hope everyone is staying safe out there, and in good health.

I have an issue that has been happening across multiple units. Don't know if anyone has encountered this:

When any of my units connect to my phone for Carplay via what I think you guys know as "Carlink Autokit [cn.manstep.phonemirrorBox]" it will sometimes switch back to the OEM side of things, and I have to manually switch back to Android.

Has anyone experienced this? A quick search did not yield any results (but honestly I wasn't very persistent in the search). Since this has been happening for some time and with various AVIN units and firmwares, am I correct in assuming that this is likely to have more to do with that Carlink software than any hardware issue? It also doesn't happen every time, and it happens via wireless or wired Carplay.

Other than this last little issue, my unit has been working well, and wireless carplay is great overall.

Both the Carlink dongle and software are up to date.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0