F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help Needed: 2014 320i Squealing Noise from rear passenger side
GetBMWParts

06-06-2016, 09:15 PM   #1
seanjohnthom
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 320i

Help Needed: 2014 320i Squealing Noise from rear passenger side

Hi there,

First time poster, long time lurker here. I need help. I have a 2014 320i that has a terrible squealing/whirring noise that seems to be coming from the rear passenger side of the vehicle. The noise has been intermittent since I have owned the vehicle for about 1.5 years. My dealer (BMW of Dallas) has been unable to diagnose or remedy the issue even though I have brought it to them several times over the last year an a half. A Service Manager even took the car overnight to see if they could diagnose the issue, but unfortunately – luck.

A few things you need to know:

- The noise appears more often when the car is not warmed up
- It seems to only happen when I'm coasting with my foot off the accelerator
- I cannot replicate the noise on demand
- The noise is there both in colder and warmer months
- It has become worse over the last few weeks

Below is an audio clip of the noise (it peaks around the 10 second mark):

Any assistance you can provide in helping identify or diagnose the noise is very much appreciated. This has become a point of frustration to me mostly because BMWs stand for quality and this noise is taking away from that. Secondly, the noise can be loud which on some level is a bit embarrassing. Lastly, my dealer cannot seem to help me, so I’m hoping this community can.

Thanks,

Sean
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #2
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

good news is you have 2.5 years of warranty left, these things tend not to fix themselves and get worse over time. Good luck. sounds like a rattle vs a bearing or suspension piece but i am not a mechanic, nor do i play one on TV.
Appreciate 0