F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > CiC RTTA not updating/broadcasting?
proTUNING Freaks

04-23-2024, 09:59 AM   #1
thatgarrett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [8.60]
CiC RTTA not updating/broadcasting?

I have the older CiC pro-nav that uses the digital radio based traffic updates that are free. So, I realize I am probably one of five people that use this generation of built in navigation actively, but it typically is pretty well updated and accurate around Northern Virginia, so I tend to use the built in navigation a lot (mostly because of the HUD integration). So not really looking to argue merits of different systems, as it works fine for my usual needs.

However, I’ve noticed that for the past 4-5 weeks, I’m no longer getting traffic information on my navigation. I’ve tried toggling it on and off with no success, the TI symbol comes up when I enter a destination, indicating it is receiving a signal, but the traffic info menu says “no messages” and traffic is not displayed on my map either. I found an old thread where someone figured out the service that BMW uses for their traffic update and I looked at the web-based map of their service and they are definitely still showing up to date traffic and incidents like before.

Has anyone else had their RTTA stop working? Is it a regional broadcast issue? Am I just using prehistoric technology that they stopped keeping up?
Appreciate 0