F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > DPF Soot level question
Studio RSR

04-30-2024, 03:30 AM   #1
Ravs88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW - 4 Series 420d

DPF Soot level question

Not sure if I'm overthinking this but I monitor DPF values to ensure I do not interrupt a regen and so the car runs without any issues.

However, I've noticed the soot levels higher than what I typically see and the car hasn't performed a regen. I carried out a back pressure test and scanned the car for any codes and all seems to be fine. Normally, I'd see the app showing me a regen is active when the % is around 45% but of late I've seen it go to 60%+. Two weeks ago I got a little worried so around 62% I forced a regen, now today the values are around 58% with 35g of soot. I don't fancy a force regen again so I'd like to know if
what I'm seeing is normal or is there something I should be looking out for?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 09:49 AM   #2
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

There are certain conditions where regens won't be performed. Non functioning or DIY deleted EGR is one of them. Has anything been done in that area recently?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:43 AM   #3
speedbirdblack
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: f30 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravs88 View Post
Not sure if I'm overthinking this but I monitor DPF values to ensure I do not interrupt a regen and so the car runs without any issues.

However, I've noticed the soot levels higher than what I typically see and the car hasn't performed a regen. I carried out a back pressure test and scanned the car for any codes and all seems to be fine. Normally, I'd see the app showing me a regen is active when the % is around 45% but of late I've seen it go to 60%+. Two weeks ago I got a little worried so around 62% I forced a regen, now today the values are around 58% with 35g of soot. I don't fancy a force regen again so I'd like to know if
what I'm seeing is normal or is there something I should be looking out for?
1. Check for more than 10lts of fuel in the tank.
2. No check engine light or emission related errors
3. Drive above 60MPH for steady 20 minutes.
4. If not scan and delete all error codes and restart and see.