F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Sport Brakes - replacement pads and discs
proTUNING Freaks

02-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #67
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon89 View Post
Think I'll possibly need disks for the next MOT, not looking forward to the cost!
Only £200 for a pair of TRW two piece discs:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/11015799
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #68
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I think all in the discs and pads for front and rear were about 450 quid.

Quite pleased I didn’t get a call to say the nipples had sheared!

On the short way home at slow speeds the braking response was significantly better
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #69
J306TD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i AH

ordered these this evening

Last edited by J306TD; 02-15-2020 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 02:45 AM   #70
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J306TD View Post
ordered these this evening

Good overall price!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 05:17 AM   #71
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Just got back from a trip to the dealers this morning (oil & micro-filter service as part of the service pack) was advised my pads were worn and would need doing possibly in the next 5K or so they gave me a pretty fair price before factoring in BMW Carclub Discount off the parts & Labour. So that's the pads sorted but...

I enquired about the drilled M Performance rotors as it's a route I would like to take and was told even though I have the M Sport blue callipers the M Performance Drilled Rotors won't be a direct fit & it can't be done. So what Is the Part Numbers of the M Performance Drilled rotors are you guys using on your M Sport blue callipers?
      02-15-2020, 05:20 AM   #72
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
Just got back from a trip to the dealers this morning (oil & micro-filter service as part of the service pack) was advised my pads were worn and would need doing possibly in the next 5K or so they gave me a pretty fair price before factoring in BMW Carclub Discount off the parts & Labour. So that's the pads sorted but...

I enquired about the drilled M Performance rotors as it's a route I would like to take and was told even though I have the M Sport blue callipers the M Performance Drilled Rotors won't be a direct fit & it can't be done. So what Is the Part Numbers of the M Performance Drilled rotors are you guys using on your M Sport blue callipers?
They're talking shit, the MP discs are exactly the same dimensions and fitment as the MS discs!

But oem discs are very expensive, Brembo, TRW and Zimmerman all do them for around £100 a disc, get the Autodoc phone app for the best discounts, only 18% today but will be up to 27% some days.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 05:22 AM   #73
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:

They're talking shit, the MP discs are exactly the same dimensions and fitment as the MS discs!

But oem discs are very expensive, Brembo, TRW and Zimmerman all do them for around £100 a disc, get the Autodoc phone app for the best discounts, only 18% today but will be up to 27% some days.
I thought so will look into the other options then
      02-15-2020, 05:25 AM   #74
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh hang on, which engine have you got?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 11:16 AM   #75
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 320D Msport+ LCI with the B47
      02-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #76
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 320D Msport+ LCI
Ah ok that's different then! 320's m sport discs are 340mm, 330's and above have 370mm, and MP discs are only 370mm, hence why they won't fit your car (without changing the calipers too).

You're best to get some aftermarket 340mm discs, but make sure they're 2 piece discs.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #77
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 320D Msport+ LCI
Ah ok that's different then! 320's m sport discs are 340mm, 330's and above have 370mm, and MP discs are only 370mm, hence why they won't fit your car (without changing the calipers too).

You're best to get some aftermarket 340mm discs, but make sure they're 2 piece discs.
Explains it all then
      02-18-2020, 05:08 PM   #78
J306TD
Private First Class
Rep

What brake pad grease/paste are people using? I'm unsure if to stick with BMW stuff or by Brembo B Quiet.

Any other recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 02:57 AM   #79
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
What brake pad grease/paste are people using? I'm unsure if to stick with BMW stuff or by Brembo B Quiet.

Looks like the Brembo stuff is just overpriced Ceratec paste, Mintex one is cheaper:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323125286298
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #80
J306TD
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=teaston;25825092]
Quote:

Looks like the Brembo stuff is just overpriced Ceratec paste, Mintex one is cheaper:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323125286298[/QUOTE

Thanks I see ECP sell Textar version. Which as we know is part of TMD Friction so will be same as Mintex
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #81
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

[QUOTE=J306TD;25826157]
Quote:
Quote:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323125286298[/QUOTE

Thanks I see ECP sell Textar version. Which as we know is part of TMD Friction so will be same as Mintex
Yes exactly the same product
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:11 AM   #82
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

Quote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverhook-...c=1&th=1&psc=1

absolutely zero noise.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 05:52 AM   #83
baz3385
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

I've got the M SPort blue calipers and have been looking at these non vented ones:

Do the slotted and vented ones fit the blue calipers too? 3 seperate BMW technicians told me they don't, but I've seen pictures on here of people who seem to have fitted them. They are here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/11015794

What's people's buying experience from Autodoc? Heard a few horror stories!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #84
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I've used them a few times with no issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #85
J306TD
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz3385 View Post
I've got the M SPort blue calipers and have been looking at these non vented ones:

Do the slotted and vented ones fit the blue calipers too? 3 seperate BMW technicians told me they don't, but I've seen pictures on here of people who seem to have fitted them. They are here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/11015794

What's people's buying experience from Autodoc? Heard a few horror stories!
I've used them this week. Ordered Monday morning here Thursday lunchtime [IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0