F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Vibration in Chassis after MP Flash
GetBMWParts

02-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
eksigned
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4er

Vibration in Chassis after MP Flash

First of all, this issue that I'm having is highly unlikely to be related to the tune itself, but I'd like to see if anyone is having similar issues.

Between 2-3k revs, in a higher gear (throttle without car shifting into lower gear...mild form of bogging motor), I get this vibration in my car seat. It feels like going rumble strips. I suspect that there may be contact between something in the exhaust line to the body. Occurs in both comfort and sport, and is most noticeable in 7th gear, or 4-5. Doesn't happen when getting up to speed, just when giving throttle without shifting to a lower gear. Was worse before the DP, and a little less after getting the DP thrown in. The only difference in the car between going from stage 1 to stage 2, are new 4S tires (tires are not balance well, but I doubt this would give me consistent vibration between 2-3k revs), and the tune itself. I thought maybe it had to do with the lose exhaust flap that I have, but again...it happens in both comfort and sport when the valve is closed and opened respectively.

Does anyone know what the difference in boost pressure is? Maybe the addition boost is now exacerbating an issue I had in the exhaust line and causing the exhaust to either hit the brace or the adjacent heat shield? Oh, and the vibration is both a consistent vibration, or will come and go between the 2-3k rev range.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced! Going to see Alex later today to log, but I thought I could get some advise before.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Always fun things to see at Alex's shop :-)

I have had Stage 1, then Stage 2, then Stage 2 with Tranny 1 (all on stock hardware) and I have not experienced anything like what you have described.

Hope you get things worked out quickly!
Appreciate 1
eksigned139.00
      02-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
eksigned
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Always fun things to see at Alex's shop :-)

I have had Stage 1, then Stage 2, then Stage 2 with Tranny 1 (all on stock hardware) and I have not experienced anything like what you have described.

Hope you get things worked out quickly!
ugh. my POS car.

jk. lol
side note, had the opportunity to run a few things last night (on track). ss camaro 6th gen, 5.0 mustang. MP flash 2.5/trans 1 pulled! thought you'd like to know
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksigned View Post
ugh. my POS car.

jk. lol
side note, had the opportunity to run a few things last night (on track). ss camaro 6th gen, 5.0 mustang. MP flash 2.5/trans 1 pulled! thought you'd like to know
that's awesome! I took my car back to the stock engine/tranny tune a couple days ago, just to give myself a reminder of the performance I have gained.

Flashed back this AM and ahhhhh yes we have certainly come a long long way
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
that's awesome! I took my car back to the stock engine/tranny tune a couple days ago, just to give myself a reminder of the performance I have gained.

Flashed back this AM and ahhhhh yes we have certainly come a long long way
haha I enjoy doing this.