F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 440i
proTUNING Freaks

02-11-2023, 07:52 AM   #1
Danj94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i

My 440i

Afternoon all,

had my 2019 440i for 2 months now, I am really enjoying the ownership.. its a very different car to the Golf R I had previously but most thing go in favour of the 440i.

There is some mods I will be doing to the car to achieve a few things but what mods exactly to make and what order to carry them out I am struggling with a little.

I am going to Remap the car in the summer months likely as my warranty expires.. I will go with Bootmod3 for ECU and XHP for the gearbox. My car is a 2019 and so has the OPF/PPF fitted in the mid pipe which I am really feeling is limiting the noise output of the car which is my biggest issue with the car as a whole, the straight 6 could sound so much better and after listening to some pre OPF/PPF models on YouTube I'm pretty gutted! If anyone else has a PPF/OPF B58 please let me know what you've done to improve the noise factor.

My current thought is to replace the downpipe with a highflow 200 Cell CAT when I remap the car later this year. I am hoping this will improve the sound. If this doesn't get the noise to where I want it then I would look to fit a Remus axle back... failing this I guess it's resonator delete but I did this on the Golf and it introduced some noise in the cabin when cruising motorway speeds.. as I said if anyone can advise on this then please do.

Finally I am going to have the car professionally detailed and ceramic coated in April, I have so far fitted the M performance rear diffuser, I also have the m perf boot lip spoiler which I am waiting to have painted to match the car before fitting. I fitted some OEM black grills to replace the chrome ones. If anyone can recommend a detailer in the south east please let me know.

I appreciate there will be plenty of experience with these bits on this forum so if you are reading this and can give your opinion or advice on any of the bits I've mentioned please do. I will update this as I go... ill stick some photos on later today... It may help someone else who has the same or similar issues in the future.
Appreciate 3
      02-12-2023, 03:36 AM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

On my pre-OPF, I had a res delete and MPE back box.
Quite a drone at motorway speeds.
What killed it for me was when towing, a very loud drone that was very wearing.
The MPE has no valve so no choice.
I removed it and went MPPSK which was the better option for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 09:40 AM   #3
KrySaro
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I've got a 68 Plate so got PPF too. The one thing I've done is have the Backbox and Res modified by PcW exhausts. Really happy with the result, sounds way better than stock, way more aggressive/deep and more pops and bangs. (You can find videos of other 40i PPF models and how it sounds on their Instagram page)

It also has no effect on MOT etc but it does mean the stock exhaust is permanently changed so when selling could be an issue for buyers wanting a completely stock car.

I think other options would be a Remus backbox or a not so legal delete of the OPF (unless for off-road use)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 01:39 PM   #4
alpinafan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe Alpina B3S BT

Be careful if you go down the Resonator delete route, I fitted a Cobra Sport quad exhaust to my 2018 440i GC.
I asked that they did not delete the Resonator, even so after 70mph the drone was awful.

It was so bad I had to get Cobra Sport to make a special elbow which when fitted cured the problem.

I have the bootmod3 and the gearbox flash and are very pleased with both.
Also fitted an M diff.

For detailing I can highly recommend Ed of divine detailing in Coulsdon South near Croydon. 07510 651819.

Ed has detailed several of my BMs and Alpinas and has done a great job.

I also had fitted a set of Powerflex PFR5-1920/21 rear subframe bush inserts which really tighten up the back end.

I found them too firm with my back and have removed them, only on the car for 200 miles. They are for sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 03:37 PM   #5
Danj94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i

fitted Droid MMI box and a wireless charger to the tray behind the cupholds in the centre console.

Really pleased with the charger, has a non slip mat on it so my phone doesnt move around when driving.

MMI box seems good, it was a bit of a pain to fit but took about an hour to fit. Android atuo starts and comes up on the screen within 30 seconds of starting the car which is really good, tested 10 times and its not failed so pleased with that. Only issue is for audio through android auto currently I have a cable run from the box under the head unit, down through the centre console into the arm rest where it plugs into the usb port via an adaptor. This is the only way which audio will work with this setup which I was unaware of when I bought the box however I have since discovered you can code Aux on using bimmercode. So I have ordered an adaptor to use bimmercode with which comes tomorrow. Once I code that then the whole system will be wireless and I can remove that cable running through the centre console.

Also worth noting the 440i is booked in for a minor correction detail, 2 stage polish, 5 year ceramic coating, glass coating.. Booked in for 13 April, not cheap but first time im having a car detailed so hope I wont be disappointed.

I took my OEM boot lip spoiler to the body shop, they are painting it to match the car so looking forward to having that back and fitting soon.

Fitted M performance rear diffuser & fitted black grills.

Will put some picks up later.
Appreciate 0