F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M Performance 335/435i Huge Price Drop
ARMA SPEED

06-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #243
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Yeah I believe xdrive and DSC were never going to intervene. With the mechanical LSD, max slip is 30-35%? I don't believe that would ever be enough for the nannies to intervene.

This was my hunch based on the lack of any necessary coding to install in rwd, nor xdrive.

Since the software needs no configuration change with the install of a mechanical part with such an integral role in distributing power to the wheels, the only logical way you could account for this new behavior is if said behavior cold never allow for a known trigger to occur. The trigger in question would be the measure of slip between said wheels, obtained by the wheel speed sensors.

Eg. If xdrive and DSC would intervene when wheel slip measures 50% and above, with this trigger increasing as you go comfort<sport<sport+<DSC off

end(self.rant)
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #244
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzlatarski View Post
Is it worth it? Any performance gains? Is the upgrade noticeable? I have 440i and I am really considering installing LSD.
It's worth it, its weird but it stiffened up the back end, like 500lbs added in the trunk but in a good way. And you can take corners at higher speeds, without the traction kicking in.

If you want to get a guarantee discount, find the cheapest price online, print it out and take it to the dealer's accessories section and ask them to price match it.

More than likely they will but then you'll still have to pay the sales tax on the discounted price but you save on shipping, so it's a wash.

Then you have negotiate the labor cost, I agreed to 4 hours, I could of fought it but I threw the service lady bone, so to speak..

All in all, not bad; it feels like the torque-vectoring LSD in the M2 but the M2, but in that vehicle, the LSD is heavily assisted by the stability control but in a progressive way and 235i its more predictable because the computer doesn't intervene in TIM YO-YO mode.

Check out this video, it might give you a better idea:

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #245
T5viggen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Went to a local dealer for ha-ha’s to see what they would quote for the install. They wanted $675 (I think 4 hours) plus tax and one use items. Local Indy said they’d do it for $3-$350 (I’ve bought a few cars from them, including the BMW). Still debating on if I’m going to do it myself or not. Might buy a trans jack and figure out the 50(ish)mm wrench and save the $200 after new tools.
      06-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #246
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

ECS Tuning Recieved their last order of 18 LSDs today after they worked their way through the BMW System. As stated previously, ECS buys BMW Parts through a BMW Dealer who purchases quantity from them for power pricing.

11 are already spoken for at the $455 price.

About 6 left $200 higher.

Going in 3...2...1...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/33107555607/

Would post in engine thread but as Bimmerpost has me banned there...oh well. Those who don't read here will just miss out.
Appreciate 3
      06-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #247
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
ECS Tuning Recieved their last order of 18 LSDs today after they worked their way through the BMW System.......

Would post in engine thread but as Bimmerpost has me banned there...oh well. Those who don't read here will just miss out.
Curious, what role do you play in all of this? Are you just randomly checking everyone's stock of M-Diffs?

If I didn't know any better, I would say you work or have some financial interest in some of this.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #248
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Curious, what role do you play in all of this? Are you just randomly checking everyone's stock of M-Diffs?

If I didn't know any better, I would say you work or have some financial interest in some of this.
What financial interest could I have in any of this?

BMW losing money in this and the only people making money on it are ECS and the BMW Dealer they are buying through.

Several have messaged me about LSD and then expressed regret not getting them. So I was simply passing on info.

So, sorry. You know what they say about assuming.

I guess some people can post close to 4,000 posts and have less than 10% of those appreciated, while others can post 2x that and have over 35% appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MmmmmM22588.50
Littlebear3509.50
mbanks211267.50
      06-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #249
pongkin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

i ordered one this morning, esc tuning told me they had like 48left
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #250
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:

IK6SPEED is actually one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this board. I have also called ECS tuning to confirm that they received a shipment of 33 M LSD's for autos. They will continue to receive them until they stop coming in. Different quantities at different times. Nothing is certain. So to answer your question, he is playing the role that SOME people don't play on here, which is helping people to the best of his abilities
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      06-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #251
dbright03
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i MPPSK 6MT RWD

Quote:

This was a huge thread that I originally posted because I noticed a price drop sometime back in May. When supplies ran out, people late to the game were bummed. IK6SPEED is just passing along the good news that there are more out there for those that missed out. A 75% price drop in BMW OEM M Performance part wound't have any financial gain for anyone but the forum members.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      06-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #252
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I had no issues ordering and receiving parts from ECS so I would recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #253
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongkin View Post
i ordered one this morning, esc tuning told me they had like 48left
Honestly, at least 5 members have messaged me as soon as they purchased their units and were told remaining amounts that the math never added up.

I don't honestly think ECS knows what they have.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #254
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, at least 5 members have messaged me as soon as they purchased their units and were told remaining amounts that the math never added up.

Agreed, Like I said they will recieve however many come in and sell until all is gone. Everyone that wants one should just place their order and as soon as a new shipment arrives they will send out your order...until there is ultimately none left. Then there might be a few disappointed people at the back end of all this who were not able to have their order fulfilled.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #255
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Just got off the line with ECS they have 30 but placed an order for almost 200 so however many of those get filled in the coming weeks until supply is gone.
      06-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #256
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Quote:

Agreed, Like I said they will recieve however many come in and sell until all is gone. Everyone that wants one should just place their order and as soon as a new shipment arrives they will send out your order...until there is ultimately none left. Then there might be a few disappointed people at the back end of all this who were not able to have their order fulfilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Just got off the line with ECS they have 30 but placed an order for almost 200 so however many of those get filled in the coming weeks until supply is gone.
My understanding is they placed a large order (200 some) with BMW back in early May that couldn't be filled and caused the unavailability for everyone else.

Though ECS is not getting their large order fulfilled, BMW is releasing some to ECS through the Power Pricing BMW Dealer that were being held back for warranty repairs etc.
Appreciate 1
TheShadow302.00
      06-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #257
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List

Okay buddy. Some of us have been active on this forum well before "appreciation points" even existed.

Maybe you should take a look at the join date while you are measuring things...

I wasn't trying to offend, I was genuinely curious as to why/how you knew all these numbers. If there are ulterior motives, like pointing people toward marked up units that you yourself were screaming weren't available, I'm gonna call you out. Sorry not sorry. Go back a decade or so and check my posts that called out others in the same fashion.

But you might not have access since it seems like the mods don't appreciate you as much as you think others do.

Quote:

BMW losing money in this and the only people making money on it are ECS and the BMW Dealer they are buying through.

Several have messaged me about LSD and then expressed regret not getting them. So I was simply passing on info.

I guess some people can post close to 4,000 posts and have less than 10% of those appreciated, while others can post 2x that and have over 35% appreciated.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #258
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Okay buddy. Some of us have been active on this forum well before "appreciation points" even existed.

Maybe you should take a look at the join date while you are measuring things...

I wasn't trying to offend, I was genuinely curious as to why/how you knew all these numbers. If there are ulterior motives, like pointing people toward marked up units that you yourself were screaming weren't available, I'm gonna call you out. Sorry not sorry. Go back a decade or so and check my posts that called out others in the same fashion.

But you might not have access since it seems like the mods don't appreciate you as much as you think others do.

Quote:

Funny, a mod appreciated a post of mine 5 hours ago.

Some of us believe in quality over quantity.

Imagine that...you've been around so much longer and haven't been able to get near the love with your posts.

Guess you also missed the change about a year ago when the line was added. It used a formula to analyze the quality of the posts and rate them. All posts across Bimmerpost were calculated (even b4 appreciation points).

Has nothing to do with number of posts as even though with much fewer posts than you have a much higher score.

The metric speaks for itself.

Sad.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #259
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
IK6SPEED is actually one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this board. I have also called ECS tuning to confirm that they received a shipment of 33 M LSD's for autos. They will continue to receive them until they stop coming in. Different quantities at different times. Nothing is certain. So to answer your question, he is playing the role that SOME people don't play on here, which is helping people to the best of his abilities
That's fine, and I have absolutely no beef with that. If his comments seemed normal to you, that's great. But in our last exchange he was quoting exact numbers. Now there are supposedly XX units available. I think I'm allowed to ask for full disclosure here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbright03 View Post
This was a huge thread that I originally posted because I noticed a price drop sometime back in May. When supplies ran out, people late to the game were bummed. IK6SPEED is just passing along the good news that there are more out there for those that missed out. A 75% price drop in BMW OEM M Performance part wound't have any financial gain for anyone but the forum members.
Of course, but please see my comment above.

Quote:

So ECS doesn't know what they have, but you just told us last night what they have. I'm confused.

I simply came into this thread stating that it was NOT IMPOSSIBLE to still purchase them. And you decided to chime in to the contrary. Lo and behold, there are some available, which you are promoting, that are marked up.

Do I need to draw a picture?

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #260
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Funny, a mod appreciated a post of mine 5 hours ago.
The fact that you know that does not surprise me.

Quote:
Imagine that...you've been 2x as long and haven't been able to get near the love with your posts.
When they introduced "rep" and appreciation points, it was the creation of people like you that members were wary of.

Please continue being full of yourself.

Triggered member is triggered.

2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 06-14-2019 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #261
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's fine, and I have absolutely no beef with that. If his comments seemed normal to you, that's great. But in our last exchange he was quoting exact numbers. Now there are supposedly XX units available. I think I'm allowed to ask for full disclosure here.

Quote:

Quote:

So ECS doesn't know what they have, but you just told us last night what they have. I'm confused.

I simply came into this thread stating that it was NOT IMPOSSIBLE to still purchase them. And you decided to chime in to the contrary. Lo and behold, there are some available, which you are promoting, that are marked up.

I can only go by what my sources at places tell me from looking at their computer systems when it comes to ECS.

I even posted I don't think ECS knows exactly what they have as the numbers have not matched up.

Sounds to me like you cannot even connect the dots properly after you draw a picture

In fact, by your post above, you claim the more appreciation points, the more to be wary of!

ROFLMAO
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #262
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
I would have settled for a simple "Nah I'm not affiliated with anyone, just want to help."

Holy thread derail. Your ego is a fragile one.

It must be a sad life to have so much value placed on a car forum reputation.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #263
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

THE MARK UP BY ECS WASNT A MARK UP. IT WAS A PRICING ERROR THAT OCCURED. The current price is what it was supposed to originally be. IT IS STILL possible to buy. Like I said I called and literally said they have a shipment of 3x. Why don't you call and find out for yourself? You can answer all your own questions.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #264
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

THE MARK UP BY ECS WASNT A MARK UP. IT WAS A PRICING ERROR THAT OCCURED. The current price is what it was supposed to originally be. IT IS STILL possible to buy. Like I said I called and literally said they have a shipment of 3x. Why don't you call and find out for yourself? You can answer all your own questions.
Yep. This was the price I was quoted 2 weeks ago. The pricing error was not reflecting the shipping cost from Germany.

Everyone eventually figured that out. I'm not really concerned about the availability, and never was. That was other people lol.

I'm just playing devils advocate to the info "others" were providing.
Attached Images

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0