F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Our Interview Detailing BMW M Performance Parts, from 2012 Geneva Launch
GetBMWParts

12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Do the M Perf wheels support HEAT?
      12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
People keep on wondering about the Difference between the M Perf Suspension and M Sport (see quote):

Is the M Performance suspension different from the M Sport Suspension? If so, what are the differences?
The M Performance suspension was developed with M engineers on racetracks. It will be 10mm lower than M Sport package suspension. It will be stiffer than M Sport for better handling.

The M Perf setup will have higher rate/firmer springs for sure.

I'd like to know the difference between the M Performance dampers, sport line/Msport dampers, and M adaptive dampers, in relation to using the M Perf springs with either the sport suspension, or the M adaptive sport suspension.
Damper tuning goes hand in hand with spring rate, so M Perf dampers will be dialed in to handle the firmer and shorter spring.

But, what if someone with the standard sport/Msport suspension were to add the M Perf springs? Likely the ride will be firmer, but will there be too much spring for the standard sport suspension dampers?
My guess is that, yes, the car may be over-sprung and under-damped.
But, maybe not. Maybe the stock sport damper is capable of handling the M Perf spring. I'd like that question asked.

Also, same goes for the M adaptive dampers. My guess here is that the M adaptive damper should work fine with M Perf springs, considering the wider and self adjusting nature of the adaptive dampers.
I'm interested in possibly installing the M Perf springs on my Msport, which has the M adaptive dampers.
This should give a firmer all around ride, and firmer control when the adaptive is set to "sport".
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #25
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I have the M Sport Springs + M Perf Dampeners...it's good, slightly under sprung, but def a world of a difference from my base setup.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0