F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Hendrick vs. BMW Extended Warranty
GetBMWParts

03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
tthan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

Hendrick vs. BMW Extended Warranty

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi All,

I would like to know the BWM Rick Hendrick Autoguard vs. BMW Gold Coverage for 6yrs. / 100K miles? Is there a different with choosing one over the other. The dealer has quoted me the same price with both of these extended warranty coverage. Please comment on the PRO or CON.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthan View Post
Hi All,

I would like to know the BWM Rick Hendrick Autoguard vs. BMW Gold Coverage for 6yrs. / 100K miles? Is there a different with choosing one over the other. The dealer has quoted me the same price with both of these extended warranty coverage. Please comment on the PRO or CON.

Thank you.
I'm assuming the first is one from the dealer themselves or something like that?

Either way, I would go with the official BMW extended warranty if I were you, I'm going with that as well. Reason for this is the huge amount of stories when people buy additional coverage from another company but BMW who do not get their money back for certain repairs. Not long ago here in Hawaii someone with, I believe a 7 series, had one of those extended warranties from another company and his transmission was broken. He end up paying it himself since that other company did not want to pay for it. If he had the official BMW extended warranty then everything would've been covered.

I would just be safe and stick with BMW in this case, but that's just me

edit: do a Google search on "BMW Rick Hendrick Autoguard" to see if you can find anything related to that warranty from them, bad reviews are easy to find

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
bcl0328
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I'm assuming the first is one from the dealer themselves or something like that?

Either way, I would go with the official BMW extended warranty if I were you, I'm going with that as well. Reason for this is the huge amount of stories when people buy additional coverage from another company but BMW who do not get their money back for certain repairs. Not long ago here in Hawaii someone with, I believe a 7 series, had one of those extended warranties from another company and his transmission was broken. He end up paying it himself since that other company did not want to pay for it. If he had the official BMW extended warranty then everything would've been covered.

I would just be safe and stick with BMW in this case, but that's just me

edit: do a Google search on "BMW Rick Hendrick Autoguard" to see if you can find anything related to that warranty from them, bad reviews are easy to find
extended warranty is pretty worthless if you read what it covers so i didn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
tthan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

The reason I have considered extended warranty is because I have been seeing a lot of HPFP failure reported online with BMW turbo engine. I am a little bit concern since this is a new engine (N20).
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

In my opinion don't get the Extended Warranty but DO get the tire protection program.
Appreciate 0