F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help coding exhaust flap control back in
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

09-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Help coding exhaust flap control back in

Hello all! I need help coding exhaust flap control back in. When I bought the car (2014 335xi) it was plugged in but bimmerlink gives me a function not available screen. The weird thing is even when I disconnect it, I swear the valve still opens and closes. But anyhow, is there a way to code it back in? Same with ASD?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Hello all! I need help coding exhaust flap control back in. When I bought the car (2014 335xi) it was plugged in but bimmerlink gives me a function not available screen. The weird thing is even when I disconnect it, I swear the valve still opens and closes. But anyhow, is there a way to code it back in? Same with ASD?
So I had mine unplugged shortly after getting the car, however 12 months later when I plugged it back in I had a real hard time getting the car to re-activate the module. I believe after 48hrs it deactivates it to save any shorts.. I ended up playing it dumb with BMW and they reprogrammed the car.

Unfortunately they had the car just over a week, they went through everything from changing wiring, to switch out just the valve module on the exhaust. The guys in Germany had to help them and finally suggested re-flashing the car which did the trick.
      09-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
So I had mine unplugged shortly after getting the car, however 12 months later when I plugged it back in I had a real hard time getting the car to re-activate the module. I believe after 48hrs it deactivates it to save any shorts.. I ended up playing it dumb with BMW and they reprogrammed the car.

Unfortunately they had the car just over a week, they went through everything from changing wiring, to switch out just the valve module on the exhaust. The guys in Germany had to help them and finally suggested re-flashing the car which did the trick.
I did essentially the same thing after not finding much info about it. Went to the dealer and made up a story about how I heard from another dealer that it was possible. Well it took them awhile to try to come up with something but finally they said it would be possible to reflash just that specific module that controls the valve, earlier I thought we might have to do a compete reflash of the car, including every module which would take hours. They only ended up charging us $70 which isn't terrible but still sucks considering someone at some point purposefully coded it out. I'm sure a similar thing can be done to code back in ASD if I wanted that as well.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread