F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30 330i KW Street Comforts (V2 Comforts) + Apex EC-7s | OEM+ Look | FIRST IMPRESSION
proTUNING Freaks

01-13-2022, 02:34 AM   #1
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 2018 330i

Car: F30 330i
Shop: Basic Performance Korea

- KW Street Comforts (KW V2 Comforts) - Dialed to suggested 9 clicks
- Apex EC-7s (18x8.5 ET35, 18x9.5 ET43) in Race Silvers
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4's All Season (stock OEM sizes)
- Neotech 4P Front Breaks (Aftermarket)

----

So a little backstory to this is that I wanted to go for an OEM+ look and go for a conservative (not too aggressive) style for my F30 330i. The main thing that I couldn't find on forums is that most wheels were way too customized for the general public and I went with sizes that most don't really go for.

I went from stock 400M 18's to Rep 763m's (19"), and now finally back to the EC-7's (refer to the sizes above w/ offsets).

EC-7 18" Review:
I found out that ARC-8's were the go-to for most people on the F30 when it comes to APEX models, but this time I wanted to go for the EC7's to stand out a bit from the crowd, but also achieving an OEM+ look. I also couldn't find too many pics other than squared setups, or photos from a decade ago.

Let me just say, absolutely stunning. Car is not slammed, and they are on the recommended settings for the KW coilovers. Also, no spacers are required and break clearance has no issues whatsoever. I think I could have gone for a bit more aggressive offsets and profiles, but I still believe that there are some on here who are also trying to achieve a conservative OEM+ style look.

The wheels alone make the car feel absolutely different and they feel super light. It makes me want to go back to my track days, but since I am married and now just trying to achieve a fun daily driver - these wheels have fit the bill and I do not plan on ever going back to 19 inch wheels. The ride quality along with the Michelin PS4 All Season's are just impeccable to me as I have gone from extreme tracking awhile back, to extreme comfort driving, and now these tires + wheels give me a great balance of comfort and performance driving.

KW Street Comforts Review:
I also haven't seen too many reviews on the KW street comforts on the F30, as most people also go for K2's or K3's. So, I went ahead and went for these. Again, let me say, absolutely impeccable ride quality for a daily driver. I can't seem to find any reason to go for any harsher rides. I did a water cup test before and after upgrading to these new coilovers and I think there is a fine line between comfort and performance. The spectrum lies towards more comfort, but there is a great hint of performance. The car feels like a totally different car when combined with the lighter EC-7's.

I have dialed the clicks to the recommended 9's and will do another test drive for two weeks before going back into the shop to give my full impression on whether I would like to make any adjustments or not.

No rubbing whatsoever as I have gone for an incredibly conservative style, but still an upgraded look from stock.

I don't think I will ever change my wheel + suspension setup from now on.

Here is my car before with the 763m's and after with the EC-7's:
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      01-13-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
clemsonf31
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i wagon

Very clean and very well done. Those EC-7’s fit very well

Max
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 11:52 PM   #3
F30_320D_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D M-Sport

Very nice ride, man
So refreshing to see silver wheels on a car
Everyone runs dark wheels nowadays and you lose the detail of the wheel in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:24 PM   #4
KrisBmwKris
Rep
Drives: BMW

Oh man, very big brakes
What is size ?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:09 AM   #5
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonf31 View Post
Very clean and very well done. Those EC-7’s fit very well

Max
Thanks Max.

Yeah, the race silver color goes so well with the white, especially on the f30.

Having pure black wheels was a mistake as you couldn't see the details on the car whatsoever!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_320D_UK View Post
Very nice ride, man
So refreshing to see silver wheels on a car
Everyone runs dark wheels nowadays and you lose the detail of the wheel in my opinion
Dang! My previous reply was exactly what you just wrote! The black on white is not my cup of tea anymore, it really drowns out EVERY detail at night, even in person. Worse in pics.

LOVE these race silvers!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #7
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBmwKris View Post
Oh man, very big brakes
What is size ?
Size of the brakes is just a 4 piston on a 355mm rotor. Brake clearance was a non issue whatsoever! No spacers needed.

Main specs of the tires/wheels are in the original post !
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #8
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyeric View Post

----

So a little backstory to this is that I wanted to go for an OEM+ look and go for a conservative (not too aggressive) style for my F30 330i. The main thing that I couldn't find on forums is that most wheels were way too customized for the general public and I went with sizes that most don't really go for.

I went from stock 400M 18's to Rep 763m's (19"), and now finally back to the EC-7's (refer to the sizes above w/ offsets).

EC-7 18" Review:
I found out that ARC-8's were the go-to for most people on the F30 when it comes to APEX models, but this time I wanted to go for the EC7's to stand out a bit from the crowd, but also achieving an OEM+ look. I also couldn't find too many pics other than squared setups, or photos from a decade ago.

Let me just say, absolutely stunning. Car is not slammed, and they are on the recommended settings for the KW coilovers. Also, no spacers are required and break clearance has no issues whatsoever. I think I could have gone for a bit more aggressive offsets and profiles, but I still believe that there are some on here who are also trying to achieve a conservative OEM+ style look.

The wheels alone make the car feel absolutely different and they feel super light. It makes me want to go back to my track days, but since I am married and now just trying to achieve a fun daily driver - these wheels have fit the bill and I do not plan on ever going back to 19 inch wheels. The ride quality along with the Michelin PS4 All Season's are just impeccable to me as I have gone from extreme tracking awhile back, to extreme comfort driving, and now these tires + wheels give me a great balance of comfort and performance driving.

I also haven't seen too many reviews on the KW street comforts on the F30, as most people also go for K2's or K3's. So, I went ahead and went for these. Again, let me say, absolutely impeccable ride quality for a daily driver. I can't seem to find any reason to go for any harsher rides. I did a water cup test before and after upgrading to these new coilovers and I think there is a fine line between comfort and performance. The spectrum lies towards more comfort, but there is a great hint of performance. The car feels like a totally different car when combined with the lighter EC-7's.

I have dialed the clicks to the recommended 9's and will do another test drive for two weeks before going back into the shop to give my full impression on whether I would like to make any adjustments or not.

No rubbing whatsoever as I have gone for an incredibly conservative style, but still an upgraded look from stock.

Thanks for sharing. Great photos.
What size 18" tires did you use on the Apex wheels? You just said "stock sizes".

Could you please post photos looking down the side or straight down at each wheel that would show the amount of poke out of the wheel wells?

FYI- I researched KW V1,V2,V3 vs KW Street Comforts for my F30 335ix. KW said that dampers were the same +/- their adjustability. Spring Rates on Street Comforts were F226/R575 lbs/in (-9% in rear) vs the rest of the KWs at F226/R630 lbs/in.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #9
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

----

EC-7 18" Review:

What size 18" tires did you use on the Apex wheels? You just said "stock sizes".

Could you please post photos looking down the side or straight down at each wheel that would show the amount of poke out of the wheel wells?

FYI- I researched KW V1,V2,V3 vs KW Street Comforts for my F30 335ix. KW said that dampers were the same +/- their adjustability. Spring Rates on Street Comforts were F226/R575 lbs/in (-9% in rear) vs the rest of the KWs at F226/R630 lbs/in.
No poking at all.

Stock tire sizes for f30 is 225/45/18, 255/40/18

As for pics, I will get some pics possibly by tomorrow but I have attached some pics from the rear side. Any lowering would be considered a tuck instead of a poke. Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 02:39 PM   #10
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

----

EC-7 18" Review:

No poking at all.

Stock tire sizes for f30 is 225/45/18, 255/40/18

As for pics, I will get some pics possibly by tomorrow but I have attached some pics from the rear side. Any lowering would be considered a tuck instead of a poke. Stay tuned!
I bet those rear 255/40-18 tires would look great on the front on those 18x8.5"ET35 wheels.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #11
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Simply a great car. Looks sharp. Congrats!

PS. What brakes does it have?
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #12
[/:\] GP9000
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F31 330i

Garage List
Well done on the looks and thanks for sharing your experience with the setup!
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2022, 06:07 AM   #13
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Simply a great car. Looks sharp. Congrats!

PS. What brakes does it have?
Thanks man! Rear brakes are stock but fronts are local and the best quality breaks here in Korea. They are Neotech 4 piston brakes on 355mm rotors.
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5876.00