F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > My F34 Arrives this week, what can I expect?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

My F34 Arrives this week, what can I expect?

Hey, so this is my 320 GT that will be delivered this week! It is a 2014 reg and got it at a great price, with the pro nav, heated seats with memory, paddle shift amongst a few other good specs.

This will be my first BMW but always loved their build quality etc.

Just wondered what I should expect from owner this beauty, good or bad.

I am considering attempting some of the coding mods I have read about because I like the idea of having the mirrors folding in and out when locking or unlocking the car and being able to close the boot with the key fob and cabin button. Are these easy to do, would you recommend them and would these mods void the warranty?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Skald55.00
      12-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
North Shore Trader
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2 x28i MSport

I'm getting my 2014 GT Sports line in January!!! Black as well...

Considering getting the windows tinted but not sure on %.... I'm thinking the 35% would be nice - still a noticeable tint but not too dark... I'm looking for a "classy" look...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep

Cool not long to wait then. I have had mine a week and loving it!!! I have already put over 500 miles on the clock because I have used any excuse to get out in it!

It doesn't show in the pictures above but my windows are fairly tinted although not sure what %. I am sure we have different laws with the tint here in the UK. It does look good in black!! I have ordered black kidney grills too so will get some better pics up soon!

I have also been playing with some coding and would highly recommend the Bimmercode app
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Shore Trader View Post
I'm thinking the 35% would be nice -
Be careful with that if local laws allow only 35%. The windows are 70% as is, so if you combine that with 35% tine you end up at about 24%. If you want to end up at 35% you have to use 50% tint. Enforcement has been ramped up in the last few years, at the insistence of the cops, so don't assume that just because an SUV with 20% factory windows is still legal that you'll get away with it too.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your comments guys. I had my reasons for choosing the model I did. I have my fun fast car and just wanted something comfortable with a few toys that had room for the kids and was nice to drive.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and have put 1000 miles on the car already. I have always liked my german cars and owned a number but this for some reason is my first BMW and simply wondered if there were any quirks, tricks or tips I could expect or should know.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #6
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Just your typical stuff.

- Always use quality gas, this hold true for any turbo car, but stick with 90+ octane as well
- Dont beat on it until your oil temps are up to par
- Enjoy the hell out of it.
      12-20-2017, 03:49 AM   #7
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimma View Post
I am considering attempting some of the coding mods I have read about because I like the idea of having the mirrors folding in and out when locking or unlocking the car and being able to close the boot with the key fob and cabin button. Are these easy to do, would you recommend them and would these mods void the warranty?
The mirrors on mine close when you press+hold the lock button. Same thing for the boot.

The things I would immediately do are update the bluetooth software,
Then check the services active for your car in the ConnectedDrive portal check what you have available in your car - latest maps are v2018-1 and RTTI are a must have for me.

Finally set up the smartphone "BMW Connected" app.

Quote:
I have also been playing with some coding and would highly recommend the Bimmercode app
The only coding I did on mine was the EBT (enhanced bluetooth) that allows you to play music from your phone. I hardly use it but see if that is possible in your car now. Coding was via the old fashioned cable and was a bit of a long process - haven't tried the Bimmercode app might give it a try if I can source a cheap adaptor. In the meantime do share what you are able to code.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your F34.

Last edited by x-m4n; 12-20-2017 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Congrats on the new ride. For your coding just use the Bimmercode app.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
Peter619
peter619
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 530i xDrive

I am leasing a 2017 330xi GT and I was disappointed to find that my car is not recognized by the Connected app. The "genius" at the dealer said that my particular car is lacking NAV, and that seems to be what's needed for the app to recognize the car's VIN....? I was also interested in doing some coding, but it seems that I can't at this point. Plus, I'm not sure if it would void the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The only thing you wouldn't be able to code is anything having to do with what you don't have, Nav for one thing. Coding doesn't affect warranty, all you're doing is activating or deactivating what's already present in the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #11
4DOOR_E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Pretty fun car to drive. People are always going to ask what kind of car is this? Since they aren’t common.
Appreciate 0