F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Halogen lamp codings ?!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-07-2015, 03:42 AM   #1
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Halogen lamp codings ?!

Hey everyone I am changing to my friends car LED bulbs in his Halogen Headlamps. fogs, low/high beam, parking lamps and DRL..

I already have the DRL, fogs even the whole rear Taillight but I am facing problem with coding low/high beam and parking lamps.

Any help appreciated thanks.
      10-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Parking is POL in FEMBODY I believe, High beam is in 3061 in the FEMBODY under FL, Low beam is in 3061 under AL.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2015, 05:18 AM   #3
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
Parking is POL in FEMBODY I believe, High beam is in 3061 in the FEMBODY under FL, Low beam is in 3061 under AL.
ok so with POL or FL or AL I have to do the three ?
-KALTUEBERWACHUNG
-WARMUEBERWACHUNG
-LED
      10-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

Correct. I ran LED's in the high and low for about 3 weeks before I took them back out and these are the codes I had to change. Careful with the parking light though, I had a 30w in there from Horizion, and it burnt the housing by the bulb, so I took them back out as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Correct. I ran LED's in the high and low for about 3 weeks before I took them back out and these are the codes I had to change. Careful with the parking light though, I had a 30w in there from Horizion, and it burnt the housing by the bulb, so I took them back out as well.
Holy, only the parking lights ? what about the H7 low and high are they ok, I'll get 7w for parking then. what about 50w for drl ?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
I would like to know more about this issue as well, I have had leds in my drls and parking lights for almost 2 years with no issues, do you think that happened to you because maybe the bulb wasn't placed in the base correctly??
      10-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
I would like to know more about this issue as well, I have had leds in my drls and parking lights for almost 2 years with no issues, do you think that happened to you because maybe the bulb wasn't placed in the base correctly??
can you share with us what watts you have on each.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #8
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
can you share with us what watts you have on each.
honestly I bought them so long ago I have no idea, I do remember I bought them from Ijdmtoy, they are the old school tower looking ones, I do usually save all the packaging so I'm gonna take a look when I get home and see if I find any specs, also be careful and make sure you placed them correctly on the base of the bulb, when I first put them in one was a lil loose and it fell inside the light housing lol it was a pain in the ass the get it out!
      10-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #9
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

I found the pic on my phone lol
Attached Images

10-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #10
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

I originally started with the ijdmtoy bulbs in the parking, but I can't stand the look of the tower bulbs, so I changed them out to the Sylvania 194 bulbs (with the ijdmtoy adaptor kit) and that's when I started noticing the burnt reflector.(I have a post somewhere on here about it) so I put everything back to stock until I ordered the 30W's from Horizon, and ran those for a good while until I went to change out my high beams and I noticed that the burning was even worse than before, so I just took them out and went back to stock. I think it's mostly due to the fact that the 2 types of bulbs I used had the metal housing, instead of the plastic in the tower bulbs. But I'm sure that a 5-10 watt bulb may work better, you'd just have to keep an eye on it in the meantime.

As far as the high and low bulbs, I never had any issue with them aside from the beam pattern. I loved the light output that I got out of them, but like HID's in halogen bowls, they threw a good bit of glare. So I realigned them down to where they'd be at the same cutoff as the stocks, but it still didn't look right, so I just put the ZXE's back in them until I can order some PIAA's. I had the bulbs with the belts. Another problem I ran into with the H7 led bulbs with the belts, was I couldn't ever get them to seat exactly right, so that was another reason to go back to stock.

As for the DRL's, I've had these in since I've had the car just about, and haven't had any issue out of them the entire time I've had them aside from the flashing, but I finally got around to coding that out as well.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/BMW-F30-328...L-p/40-016.htm
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
I found the pic on my phone lol
ouch i will never buy those kind. had for front signal and rear they went out very fast
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #12
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
I originally started with the ijdmtoy bulbs in the parking, but I can't stand the look of the tower bulbs, so I changed them out to the Sylvania 194 bulbs (with the ijdmtoy adaptor kit) and that's when I started noticing the burnt reflector.(I have a post somewhere on here about it) so I put everything back to stock until I ordered the 30W's from Horizon, and ran those for a good while until I went to change out my high beams and I noticed that the burning was even worse than before, so I just took them out and went back to stock. I think it's mostly due to the fact that the 2 types of bulbs I used had the metal housing, instead of the plastic in the tower bulbs. But I'm sure that a 5-10 watt bulb may work better, you'd just have to keep an eye on it in the meantime.

As far as the high and low bulbs, I never had any issue with them aside from the beam pattern. I loved the light output that I got out of them, but like HID's in halogen bowls, they threw a good bit of glare. So I realigned them down to where they'd be at the same cutoff as the stocks, but it still didn't look right, so I just put the ZXE's back in them until I can order some PIAA's. I had the bulbs with the belts. Another problem I ran into with the H7 led bulbs with the belts, was I couldn't ever get them to seat exactly right, so that was another reason to go back to stock.

As for the DRL's, I've had these in since I've had the car just about, and haven't had any issue out of them the entire time I've had them aside from the flashing, but I finally got around to coding that out as well.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/BMW-F30-328...L-p/40-016.htm
Ok that's great info.
that's what I'll get for my friend all cree
H8 - 80w
DRL-50w
Parking-7w

as for H7 low and high I'm confused which to buy of course there is huge difference in price but not big on lumens

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/h7-cree-led-headlight-kit-g4?search=h7

or i can get 80w of these

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/h7-50w-cree-led-fog-light?search=h7
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

Honestly, hit up RarScaryFrosty and ask him about the Cree bulbs he got off of amazon, they are the exact same as the ones that horizon, but at a fraction of the cost. Or, as soon as I can remember to email the people I got mine from for a replacement one, I'll have 2 sets for sale here before long of the Philips ones
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 04:08 AM   #14
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, hit up RarScaryFrosty and ask him about the Cree bulbs he got off of amazon, they are the exact same as the ones that horizon, but at a fraction of the cost. Or, as soon as I can remember to email the people I got mine from for a replacement one, I'll have 2 sets for sale here before long of the Philips ones
OK thanks man. the fogs h8 i got are off ebay same ones om horizon too and 80w not 50ww. whatpissed me off one of turn signals was out and it's really hard to make refund.
Appreciate 0