F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > Buttonwillow Raceway HPDE/Time Trials/Club Racing School 03/23-03/24
Extreme Powerhouse

01-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Buttonwillow Raceway HPDE/Time Trials/Club Racing School 03/23-03/24

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-school-249596

2-day HPDE is $395. That's less than $200 per day.

Data coaching is $250 on top if you're A+/A solo*.

Club Racing School is $475**.

Time trial is $395.

The HPDE is a killer deal, especially considering you get right seat if you're intermediate or novice. Heck even for A+/solo it's a damn good deal simply for track time.

* I don't know if you need to provide your own data acquisition or if the $250 includes AIM Solo units. Don't ask me, check with the organizers (I'm not running this show this time).

** Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Pacific Region the BMW CCA Club Racing school qualifies you for competition license with NASA and SCCA, so this is actually a pretty good deal in that one school, when you pass, grants you competition license with 3 separate orgs. I think there are other organizations in the region that also recognizes BMW CCA CR school as a sanctioned club racing school. Sorry I should know better, but I don't. Even though I've done the race school multiple times, I never bothered to apply for a competition license (time, money, and family and all).

For the DE guys, the spots are filling up FAST if you want to do intermediate or novice schools. Take a look at the wait-listed instructors on the list. That x2 is the number of students we can still accommodate. On a quick glance, it's well past 70% capacity at this point. Hop on it quick or else you'll find yourself outside looking in.

Time-trial guys, there's 7 cars signed up right now. There's going to be complete and absolute OPEN TRACK. Zero traffic. Even if that doubles to 14 or 15 cars, it's still going to be absolutely the ideal time to set some personal bests. No more worrying or managing traffic to get a clean lap.

Just keep in mind, this isn't the common and popular 13CW configuration that most other organizations run, it's 1CCW(counter-clockwise). Running all the way to Star Mazda adds about 5-7 seconds to your lap time, plus the counter-clockwise direction is a slower config, so while you're setting track records, you're setting track records for 1CCW, not 13CW.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.

Last edited by The HACK; 02-01-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0