F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Diamond Cut with photos.
proTUNING Freaks

07-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
speary8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i M Sport Convertible

Don’t forget to replace the little BMW badges near the hub
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #24
Bigboyrolo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW440i M Sport Convertible

After only 4 months/2500 miles I've kerbed 2 of my diamond cut 19" 704's. It was bound to happen, both done on high kerbs on narrow French roads. I'll probably do more damage before the winter, so plan to have the diamond cut removed and have them painted/powder coated in a suitable colour. Did it on a previous car, looked great.
Attached Images

07-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #25
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by speary8 View Post
Don’t forget to replace the little BMW badges near the hub
Thanks mate. Easy to forget. Ordered some from Ali...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #26
Dayseldan
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
No the finish is identical to a factory wheel. When I collected them I could not tell they were mine. They looked absolutely like a brand new product. The only difference is they use powder coat clear coat instead of a ordinary lacquer, so its more durable and resistant to scratches and so on.

First they dipped them in the acid to strip all the paint, then sand blast them and repair the dents, etc.
Then they paint them, then diamond cut them with a laser CNC machine and then clear powder coat.

I will upload some more photos in a few days.

Im based in Ireland so probably not good to you guys, but I believe anyone that has a Diamond cutting machine is able to do the job.

Great job.. Where abouts in Ireland did you get these done and how long did it take.. I have the dreaded worm on 1 wheel but thankfully no kerb marks yet. I imported mine from the UK from a main dealer and wondering what kind of reception will I get from a Dublin dealer 🙈
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #27
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayseldan View Post
Great job.. Where abouts in Ireland did you get these done and how long did it take.. I have the dreaded worm on 1 wheel but thankfully no kerb marks yet. I imported mine from the UK from a main dealer and wondering what kind of reception will I get from a Dublin dealer 🙈
Hey, got them done in Rim Solutions.

I'd chance the dealer first as it falls under paint warranty and see what they say. Once the worms come out, it only gets worse
Appreciate 0