F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > "Send destination to car" not working in any way
ARMA SPEED

10-08-2020, 02:56 AM   #1
superyuby
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

"Send destination to car" not working in any way

I have tried to find a solution in previous threads, but I couldn't. If someone finds that this is a duplicate thread, please make me know.

I haven't been able to send my destination to my car using the BMW ConnectedDrive app (neither via Bluetooth or USB).

I have an iPhone XR with the latest iOS (14.0.1), and I am able to connect the Bluetooth to listen music and make calls, see my contacts...

I can tell that it never worked (the car is a second-hand 2015 F36). I have had the car for only a few months. It didn't stop working.

Just a few questions for you, BMW experts.

- Do I need an FSC Code to make it work?
- I have tried to call BMW ConnectedDrive in my country, but the answer is still pending... (I have been waiting for several weeks...). The service is not good, at least, in Spain.
- Have you ever had this problem? Can I make it work in any way?

Thank you so much for your time
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You must have an active Connected Drive subscription for it to work. That would be verified on your country's Connected Drive BMW website. If the previous owner let the subscription lapse and you didn't reinstate it then you don't have it.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
superyuby
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You must have an active Connected Drive subscription for it to work. That would be verified on your country's Connected Drive BMW website. If the previous owner let the subscription lapse and you didn't reinstate it then you don't have it.
Thank you for your answer, Billfitz!

The main thing is that I actually have a subscription. The car was not originally from my country, and I call BMW to migrate it. I have a complete profile in the BMW ConnectedDrive App with my VIN, car features, and so on. In fact, I have hired BMW Remote Services, and I have been able to turn on the lights or make the horn sound (it seems that data link works properly).

Having said that, I haven't been able to send the destination using remote services. I should get them inside the "Messages" section, but nothing appears there. I don't really mind about that. I would prefer to use the Bluetooth connection to send destinations.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #4
lemonchicken
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i blue

You can’t send destinations to car via Bluetooth. BMW decided to monetize that “feature” so you’re stuck with using connected drive. If your car is old enough, your commbox might not even be able to connect to the cellular network anyway.

Last edited by lemonchicken; 10-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0