F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Oil Filter Housing Gasket Leak Repair recommendations
Extreme Powerhouse

11-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #23
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

I did mine earlier this year, but I've noticed another oil leak. Not sure if it's from the housing, VCG, oil pan gasket, or somewhere else, but I figure at my next oil change, I'll try redoing the OFHG to see how the aftermarket gaskets I used held up. Still have about 3-4K miles til my next change. Until then, I'll just keep an eye on oil levels and try to keep things clean in the engine bay.

Will do belt, tensioner, and pulley at the same time while I'm in there.
      11-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #24
Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
I did mine earlier this year, but I've noticed another oil leak. Not sure if it's from the housing, VCG, oil pan gasket, or somewhere else, but I figure at my next oil change, I'll try redoing the OFHG to see how the aftermarket gaskets I used held up. Still have about 3-4K miles til my next change. Until then, I'll just keep an eye on oil levels and try to keep things clean in the engine bay.

Will do belt, tensioner, and pulley at the same time while I'm in there.
Hey bro have you done your tranny oil change Im going to do that with my thermostat my oil filter gaskets and do a coolant change also are you planning on doing your diff any time soon .-. need to get brakes to lol I have most of the things besides brakes/brake fluid .-.

Previous:F30 328i 2012 PWG: FBO Vrsf 6 stepped fmic, Afe intake, Catless DP ER, FTP CP's, FTP turbo inlet, GFB DV+, Gplus oil cooler, BM3 stg 2 tune, Cary Jordan E50 tuned stock fuel system.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #25
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegov209 View Post
Hey bro have you done your tranny oil change Im going to do that with my thermostat my oil filter gaskets and do a coolant change also are you planning on doing your diff any time soon .-. need to get brakes to lol I have most of the things besides brakes/brake fluid .-.
Haven't done ATF yet, not sure I will, if anything, a partial drain & fill with new pan/filter. If/when I do that, I'll probably do the diff fluid at the same time while I'm under there.

I'm actually looking into investing in a pressure bleeder kit for brakes. If sspade ends up hosting a "shop day" and I have it by then, I can bring it along.
      11-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #26
Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haven't done ATF yet, not sure I will, if anything, a partial drain & fill with new pan/filter. If/when I do that, I'll probably do the diff fluid at the same time while I'm under there.

I'm actually looking into investing in a pressure bleeder kit for brakes. If sspade ends up hosting a "shop day" and I have it by then, I can bring it along.
He's actually going to be working on his car this friday buuuuuutttt I only have my thermostat as of now other parts are on their way .-. I need new brakes forsure though lol

Previous:F30 328i 2012 PWG: FBO Vrsf 6 stepped fmic, Afe intake, Catless DP ER, FTP CP's, FTP turbo inlet, GFB DV+, Gplus oil cooler, BM3 stg 2 tune, Cary Jordan E50 tuned stock fuel system.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #27
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegov209 View Post
He's actually going to be working on his car this friday buuuuuutttt I only have my thermostat as of now other parts are on their way .-. I need new brakes forsure though lol
What on your brakes do you need done? Just pads? Pads and rotors? Fluid flush? BBK upgrade?
      11-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #28
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Im definitely hosting shop day fellas...

Three bays ready to roll. More ramps/stands would be very helpful so we can work on the cars together.

I have the following planned:

OFHG x2
Serp belt/tensioner
Tranny filter/fluid change
Diff fluid change

We can get together almost anytime. All I need is a few days notice.

Also worth note: I literally have three spare bedrooms sitting empty if it came down to it, I dont mind if people crash since theres a few miles between us all.

^the above offer is open to anyone reading this.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #29
Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What on your brakes do you need done? Just pads? Pads and rotors? Fluid flush? BBK upgrade?
Basically yeah brakes, brake fluid flush I want to get R1 concepts though the geomet series .

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #30
Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

Three bays ready to roll. More ramps/stands would be very helpful so we can work on the cars together.

OFHG x2
Serp belt/tensioner
Diff fluid change

Also worth note: I literally have three spare bedrooms sitting empty if it came down to it, I dont mind if people crash since theres a few miles between us all.

My man lol forsure bro ill definetely let you know lol we should set a date soon I was plannig after we go to the drag strip and once my parts come in to lol

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #31
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

OFHG x2
Serp belt/tensioner
Diff fluid change

If we set something up, I have a set of ramps and 4 jack stands, along with a cordless power ratchet and a toolbox full of random tools I use. You should invest in some QuickJacks.
sspade2464.50
Diegov209164.50
      11-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #32
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:

OFHG x2
Serp belt/tensioner
Diff fluid change

If we set something up, I have a set of ramps and 4 jack stands, along with a cordless power ratchet and a toolbox full of random tools I use. You should invest in some QuickJacks.
I wish!

Someday... when I actually own a home again...

Im going to invest in something like that.

Unfortunately, that wont be in California
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #33
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:

OFHG x2
Serp belt/tensioner
Diff fluid change

I wish!

Someday... when I actually own a home again...

Im going to invest in something like that.

Unfortunately, that wont be in California
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #34
ey2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i 6spd

Do you have to take the intake manifold for the last bolt? No way around it with u joints?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #35
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ey2001 View Post
Do you have to take the intake manifold for the last bolt? No way around it with u joints?
You don't have to take it off completely. Just loosened enough to move it a bit. The rearmost torx bolt on the housing is completely inaccessible otherwise.
ey2001310.00