F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Track pad options for rear 1-pot non-M Sport
Extreme Powerhouse

01-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #1
B5QShip
Rep
Drives: '16 340i

Track pad options for rear 1-pot non-M Sport

I can't seem to find many options for track pads for single piston rear calipers. I'm struggling finding matching track pads at all 4 corners on my 340i.

Zeckhausen has Porterfield R4s but they look like they're special order. Unfortunately I'm in a time crunch to get some this week for an upcoming track event. Just want something better than the only option I see at the moment -- Stoptech Sports. Would love to do Pagid, PFC or Ferodo.

Thoughts and suggestions on setup and also on sources for quick delivery to CA?

...and last thought of desperation, what about a mixed pad setup (eg PFC-08 up front, Hawk HPS 5 rear) for a relative novice at the track? <ducks>
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
jonathanvictory
Hi!
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP, F15 X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5QShip View Post
I can't seem to find many options for track pads for single piston rear calipers. I'm struggling finding matching track pads at all 4 corners on my 340i.

Zeckhausen has Porterfield R4s but they look like they're special order. Unfortunately I'm in a time crunch to get some this week for an upcoming track event. Just want something better than the only option I see at the moment -- Stoptech Sports. Would love to do Pagid, PFC or Ferodo.

Thoughts and suggestions on setup and also on sources for quick delivery to CA?

...and last thought of desperation, what about a mixed pad setup (eg PFC-08 up front, Hawk HPS 5 rear) for a relative novice at the track? <ducks>
Road course or autocross? I have a 2016 328i with grey 1-pot non-M. I'm mainly going to use my car for autocross and maybe Streets of Willow. I went with Hawk HP Plus front and rear. I'm using them with stock newish rotors and the bite is amazing. I don't mind the squeal. Part numbers I used and installed:

Front hb748n.723
Rear hb749n.648

FYI, I was advised not to use my stock rotors with Hawks DTC line if I went with a track only pad if I decided to do more road courses.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 11:49 PM   #3
B5QShip
Rep

Thanks for the intel. Do you have 330x20 or 300x20 rears? It looks like the 328 base uses the smaller rears while the larger ones were an option (P337A M Sport package).

https://www.bimmerworld.com/About-Us...-Sport-Brakes/

According to ECS at least it seems the p/n you gave for the Hawk HP+ rears aren't compatible with my car. Makes some sense if you have the 300x20 rears.

I'm doing a pretty short track so would be OK with HP+ if I can find the right p/n and availability. I've run them before on an S4 and they eventually got shredded on a faster track but that car's brakes were pretty undersized. I had a ton of noise, dust and wear with them on the street, so swapped out. They definitely had some bite, though.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 04:10 AM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Pagid RSL1 have pad shapes for the single piston floating rear calipers and also for the single piston fixed calipers (i.e. MSport cars).

The RSL1 compound has a high metal content and handles high temperatures generated under hard track use.

They can/do squeal at low speeds and light pad pressure, i.e. in slow moving traffic,
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 01:21 AM   #5
B5QShip
Rep

Cool. Didn't see them as an option through anything I could find online but will call around and try to source them.
Appreciate 0