F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Sedan_Clan's Personal Trainer Thread
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #221
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3284
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Weekend updates anyone?


Norm Macdonald was my favorite.
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #222
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
1132
Rep
4,516
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post


Norm Macdonald was my favorite.
lol nice one I hadn't thought of that when I wrote the question
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #223
PSUSMU
Captain
74
Rep
985
Posts

Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church/Merrifield, VA

iTrader: (3)

Interested to weigh in tonight after 10 days of Mediterranean cruise over-eating, walking, and 3 gym sessions.
__________________
RSI, LLC | Fender Rolling | Suspension | Engine | Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #224
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
241
Rep
1,090
Posts

Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: IL

iTrader: (2)

Stumbled across this thread...weekend update, youngest bro tore his pec : /
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #225
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4033
Rep
15,523
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Stumbled across this thread...weekend update, youngest bro tore his pec : /
Ouch! Lifting too heavy?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #226
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
241
Rep
1,090
Posts

Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Stumbled across this thread...weekend update, youngest bro tore his pec : /
Ouch! Lifting too heavy?
Think it was just odd positioning on bench ...2nd set of 315, 7th rep, and pop...done
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #227
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4033
Rep
15,523
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Stumbled across this thread...weekend update, youngest bro tore his pec : /
Ouch! Lifting too heavy?
Think it was just odd positioning on bench ...2nd set of 315, 7th rep, and pop...done
I just squirmed a bit.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #228
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
1132
Rep
4,516
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Think it was just odd positioning on bench ...2nd set of 315, 7th rep, and pop...done
Ouch!!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #229
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
408
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: Your mum crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baconopolos Island

iTrader: (0)

My eyes are bleeding right now. That doesn't look like much fun.


Also, weighed myself in yesterday. Gained 1lb. I expect it to be gone by today.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #230
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
112
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
My eyes are bleeding right now. That doesn't look like much fun.


Also, weighed myself in yesterday. Gained 1lb. I expect it to be gone by today.
Alright, I don't get this. Tuesday, two weeks ago, I weighed myself. 186#. Last week on Tuesday, 196#. Today, 192#. WTF...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #231
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
408
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: Your mum crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baconopolos Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Alright, I don't get this. Tuesday, two weeks ago, I weighed myself. 186#. Last week on Tuesday, 196#. Today, 192#. WTF...
I can only be led to presume that the weight fluctuations we see are from inconsistent diets/calorie intake. I don't litigate my calorie intake enough to justify having a constant weight, so I expect it to dip up and down.

Are you consistent with your diet & workouts?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #232
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
1132
Rep
4,516
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Alright, I don't get this. Tuesday, two weeks ago, I weighed myself. 186#. Last week on Tuesday, 196#. Today, 192#. WTF...
At the risk of oversimplification, you're weight is fluctuating as does everyone's. It is a byproduct of your diet and not just overall calorie consumption but content thereof (salt, etc.) If there is one thing to get out of my post it should be that there's no way you are gaining and losing 10 pounds of fat and then losing it all in the space of a week or two.

Ups and downs are fine as long as you can see an overall and long-term trend in whatever direction (if any) meet your goal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #233
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
112
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I can only be led to presume that the weight fluctuations we see are from inconsistent diets/calorie intake. I don't litigate my calorie intake enough to justify having a constant weight, so I expect it to dip up and down.

Are you consistent with your diet & workouts?
Yup, I am. I pretty much eat the same things each and every day to get 3,800 calories (65g fat, 500g carbs, 230g protein).

As for workouts, I increased the intensity progressively over the last few months, but I balanced that off by adding more calories (to still remain in a surplus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
At the risk of oversimplification, you're weight is fluctuating as does everyone's. It is a byproduct of your diet and not just overall calorie consumption but content thereof (salt, etc.) If there is one thing to get out of my post it should be that there's no way you are gaining and losing 10 pounds of fat and then losing it all in the space of a week or two.

Ups and downs are fine as long as you can see an overall and long-term trend in whatever direction (if any) meet your goal.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I am seeing long-term progress (went up from 168# in early May to now at 192# in early August--definitely mostly muscle, never lifted before so adding muscle mass is pretty quick for me). I just get confused as hell when I go step on the scale, have no idea what weight to expect that day.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #234
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3284
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

guys just a quick note I just had to call a guy to tell him to lay off the protein powder because it was affecting his kidneys. If you're slamming this stuff have your kidney function checked (bloodwork). that is all.
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #235
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4033
Rep
15,523
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
guys just a quick note I just had to call a guy to tell him to lay off the protein powder because it was affecting his kidneys. If you're slamming this stuff have your kidney function checked (bloodwork). that is all.
This is a common issue. Quality of the powder coupled with not enough water intake can cause issues. Drink water guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #236
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8518
Rep
7,722
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So last nights run I beat the lizard. At one point where I tend to have issues I noticed a hen running along the fence. I followed it for about 2 blocks thinking about how I might catch it and still finish my run.

Then I thought of 945 and held out a carrot of a drumstick if we made it all the way home. Not only did I make it home without stopping, I also did 3 wind sprints up and down my street
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #237
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
112
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This is a common issue. Quality of the powder coupled with not enough water intake can cause issues. Drink water guys!
X2! I lug around a gallon of water that I finish by the end of the day. Yes I may look stupid doing so, but at least I know I'm getting the water I need!

A couple of my friends pour in a bit of BCAA powder into their gallon and sip on that all day. Excellent idea.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #238
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
1132
Rep
4,516
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So last nights run I beat the lizard. At one point where I tend to have issues I noticed a hen running along the fence. I followed it for about 2 blocks thinking about how I might catch it and still finish my run.

Then I thought of 945 and held out a carrot of a drumstick if we made it all the way home. Not only did I make it home without stopping, I also did 3 wind sprints up and down my street
Awesome! Not sure if you're being facetious or not but I'm glad you pushed through. If I had a part in that, fantastic. I love seeing people suceed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #239
kevinbahnz
Captain
kevinbahnz's Avatar
102
Rep
707
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

I stopped by the gym for a 20 minute chest workout this morning on the way to work. 3 days out of 5, slowly but surely.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #240
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
76
Rep
1,656
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
I stopped by the gym for a 20 minute chest workout this morning on the way to work. 3 days out of 5, slowly but surely.
for a short/quick workout, try some drop sets on ur last set. it will burn thru those fibers like ur chest is about to rip out.
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #241
kevinbahnz
Captain
kevinbahnz's Avatar
102
Rep
707
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
for a short/quick workout, try some drop sets on ur last set. it will burn thru those fibers like ur chest is about to rip out.
Thanks , I will try that the next time I go back. I've been lifting weights by myself so I don't life too heavy. I just lift enough to do about 10-15 reps for 2 sets then increase the weight to where i can do about 6-8 reps on the last 2 sets. I'm 5'4" 150lbs and 20%bf(according to the walmart scale). I dropped about 10lbs and about 9% bf(same scale) since I started back in January. My goal is to get ripped to single digit bf. Is this possible without losing too much weight. Can I burn fat and build muscle at the same time?
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #242
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4033
Rep
15,523
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
My goal is to get ripped to single digit bf. Is this possible without losing too much weight. Can I burn fat and build muscle at the same time?
Nope! You will lose weight (..especially if you're carrying around a lot of body fat as it is), BUT you will generally look bigger although you are technically smaller/lighter. As for "burning fat and building muscle at the same time", only the rare genetic freak can accomplish this to a degree, but even with that considered you can't burn significant amounts of fat AND build muscle at the same time. The reason? Burning fat requires a caloric deficit and dedicated cardio. Building muscle requires a caloric surplus and cardio is performed very sparingly or not at all.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 08-06-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST