F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Detailing/Hand wash in NYC
GetBMWParts

01-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVass View Post
Thanks guys, I normally detail my car myself.... Its just a pain in the ass because I live in an apartment building in manhattan, so no driveway or hose for me.... I have been using the chemical guys "waterless" car wash, which is great... But I like hosing down the car and really cleaning it etc...
I go sometimes BP Car Wash that has Manual Wash service or this one http://www.yelp.com/biz/spotless-sel...=self+car+wash
in NJ whenever i'm in NJ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
Well there is place called "the wash" located next to oneighty nyc customizers in brooklyn 2390 McDonald Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11223. The hand car wash place is not affiliated with oneighty but the last time i was there i saw lots of m5s and m6s rolling out of there and the prices looked very decent also. Cant say how the quality is as i have never brought my car there but just letting you know.
It is known and it is good, except there's a way.. My brooklyn friends found another Top Notch car wash that definitely spends time on your and the wait time is not as long, I recently went to meet with them before our meet and literally was there for 30mins while they were getting their cars hand washed,
http://www.yelp.com/biz/crystal-clea...?osq=Hand+wash

I want to try it after seeing how their cars came out, White, Carbon Black, so it wasn't just 1 type of color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
Second this. Many options out here. Go for a short drive on the weekend. You can also get some real pizza while your out here.
Agreed

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2015, 02:09 AM   #24
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i XD Alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1 View Post
If I were you, I would just bring the car to a do it yourself carwash place (the one where you use the wand) and use your own cleaner for the wheels and just spray the surface crap off your car. Maybe you can make up a mixture of ONR and water in a spray bottle or P21s to use on the body to loosen any dirt. Good luck
For best result and peace of mind, that would be my best bet...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:12 AM   #25
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
I go sometimes BP Car Wash that has Manual Wash service or this one http://www.yelp.com/biz/spotless-sel...=self+car+wash
in NJ whenever i'm in NJ lol

It is known and it is good, except there's a way.. My brooklyn friends found another Top Notch car wash that definitely spends time on your and the wait time is not as long, I recently went to meet with them before our meet and literally was there for 30mins while they were getting their cars hand washed,
http://www.yelp.com/biz/crystal-clea...?osq=Hand+wash

I want to try it after seeing how their cars came out, White, Carbon Black, so it wasn't just 1 type of color.

Agreed
Thanks, I'll look into those places
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:13 AM   #26
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help/advice/suggestions... THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #27
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVass View Post
For best result and peace of mind, that would be my best bet...
If you're gonna do that just man up and do a full wash. Wait until you can go in the afternoon when it's at lest well into the 30's. With any luck the place you go has heated water. Texas car wash in Island Park does and if you go in the day it's not that bad. What I do is rinse it/fill the bucket, clean the wheels, then wash over the whole car in one shot as fast as possible, then rinse. Takes 2 cycles with the machine. I think it's like $8 for the 2. That's a bit of a drive though. My other self wash option which is a lot closer currently has piles of dirt and construction trucks on top of it. I hope it's not dead. I know there is 1 or 2 bays in some gas station in the middle of queens somewhere but I've never gone there.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #28
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
If you're gonna do that just man up and do a full wash. Wait until you can go in the afternoon when it's at lest well into the 30's. With any luck the place you go has heated water. Texas car wash in Island Park does and if you go in the day it's not that bad. What I do is rinse it/fill the bucket, clean the wheels, then wash over the whole car in one shot as fast as possible, then rinse. Takes 2 cycles with the machine. I think it's like $8 for the 2. That's a bit of a drive though. My other self wash option which is a lot closer currently has piles of dirt and construction trucks on top of it. I hope it's not dead. I know there is 1 or 2 bays in some gas station in the middle of queens somewhere but I've never gone there.
Back when I was part of the Subaru scene in Queens and LI, I would go to bubbles in LI... I think you are right. just gotta man up and do it my self
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #29
funkadesi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

I am ALSO going to recommend SONIC car wash in Bellerose. Thee facility has a flat belt the car rides, hence no damage to your wheels. You can also tell the ticket guy "No Brush" this way only the dudes inside wash will touch your car (hand was). Their cleaning/drying process is a lot better because they Do take their time. It's a tad bit expensive about ~25-35 dollars depending on the wash you get. It's totally worth the money, imo.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ultra-sonic-car-wash-bellerose
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #30
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadesi View Post
I am ALSO going to recommend SONIC car wash in Bellerose. Thee facility has a flat belt the car rides, hence no damage to your wheels. You can also tell the ticket guy "No Brush" this way only the dudes inside wash will touch your car (hand was). Their cleaning/drying process is a lot better because they Do take their time. It's a tad bit expensive about ~25-35 dollars depending on the wash you get. It's totally worth the money, imo.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ultra-sonic-car-wash-bellerose
Thanks, I'll check them out. I haven't been able to really clean the car do to all the snow/crappy weather we have been getting lately.
Appreciate 0