F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > F34 read trunk trim removal
Studio RSR

08-27-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
JTC
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i GT

F34 read trunk trim removal

I was having issues with the opening and closing of the rear hatch. The soft close had stopped working for some time, but more recently I wasn’t able to open the hatch without using the emergency release, about 20% of the time. I bought a new(to me aka used) soft close mechanism and latch hold mechanism. The problem was removing the trim where the sill plate is, once all the fasteners were removed. Need to use a big trim tool on the side to pull the side of the trip away from the side and then pull up (hard) on the bottom sill. I could never find any clear instructions of how it came out, or find any pics that showed where the hidden fasteners were. Hope this pic helps someone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0