F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 m sport front bumper help
Extreme Powerhouse

02-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
kroxas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

F30 m sport front bumper help

Hi so i have a 2015 328i with the stock bumper. Looking to change it to a sport bumper when i found this post selling a bumper (attached). Its only the bumper though.

So my question is what exactly do i need to buy. on top of my head im assuming just the foglights grill + lower middle grill (im guessing the top grill is same as old bumper, and foglights are the same)? If you guys can confirm that or if im missing anything + if can add any links on what exactly i need to complete this bumper for install (grills/etc) that would be much appreciated since i dont really know. I was just gonna buy a full set before but if this can save me money then id rather do this.

Thanks a lot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
PhizzurpF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i x drive

Is that on OEM m sport? If I recall you actually need all the hardware in addition to the bumper. Take a look at gettbmwparts.com

eBay sellers have kits that's basically plug and play. I got one that's the good-go/Selma brand.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
kroxas
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhizzurpF View Post
Is that on OEM m sport? If I recall you actually need all the hardware in addition to the bumper. Take a look at gettbmwparts.com

eBay sellers have kits that's basically plug and play. I got one that's the good-go/Selma brand.
Yeah i was actually just gonna go with ebay kits. I just saw this in facebook marketplace for $80 so i figured maybe i can save money by getting this then just getting the rest (once i figure out what i need). And i believe it is an oem m sport. the ad says 335i f30 m sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #4
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
After you buy all the necessary mounting hardware, you'd end up spending a lot more money. It only makes sense to buy that if you already have an M Sport bumper you're trying to replace.

The aftermarket and OEM bumpers are made from the exact same polypropylene plastic. You'd also be getting a better surface to start from in a new bumper. That used bumper also looks like it could have a lot of damage which would cost a lot of money to repair.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #5
kroxas
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
After you buy all the necessary mounting hardware, you'd end up spending a lot more money. It only makes sense to buy that if you already have an M Sport bumper you're trying to replace.

The aftermarket and OEM bumpers are made from the exact same polypropylene plastic. You'd also be getting a better surface to start from in a new bumper. That used bumper also looks like it could have a lot of damage which would cost a lot of money to repair.
Ah okay. Yeah i figured as much. I just wanted to see if i'll save this way. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroxas View Post
Hi so i have a 2015 328i with the stock bumper. Looking to change it to a sport bumper when i found this post selling a bumper (attached). Its only the bumper though.

So my question is what exactly do i need to buy. on top of my head im assuming just the foglights grill + lower middle grill (im guessing the top grill is same as old bumper, and foglights are the same)? If you guys can confirm that or if im missing anything + if can add any links on what exactly i need to complete this bumper for install (grills/etc) that would be much appreciated since i dont really know. I was just gonna buy a full set before but if this can save me money then id rather do this.

Thanks a lot!
It will run you about $1k Discounted to get all the additional parts you will need for the retrofit. The kit is about $1140 MSRP and still cheaper than buying separate.

See part #1 in this link.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0766

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51952318192/
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 08:26 PM   #7
PhizzurpF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroxas View Post

Thanks a lot!
It will run you about $1k Discounted to get all the additional parts you will need for the retrofit. The kit is about $1140 MSRP and still cheaper than buying separate.

See part #1 in this link.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0766

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51952318192/
Otherwise you could buy a Selma/good-go bumper. $300 for bumper and $500 for paint. The fit is identical to OEM and it's a bumper, why spend more for something prone to chips and damage? Just my $.02
Appreciate 0