F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Warranty Claim Denied - ECU tune found
proTUNING Freaks

10-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #89
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by afranke View Post
My EW has covered:

-Blown turbo (running JB4 and meth). Got the cost of a new turbo from BMW and bought a PS2.

-Snapped driveshaft from a hard launch, heavily modded (FBO)

-Rear diff at the same time

-Rear diff again later as that one was just bad apparently

They only sent an inspector out for the first one. The shop I use removed the intake, intercooler, chargepipes, exhaust, rims, CF hood, etc before the adjuster guy came. The rest were approved over the phone.
Key parts highlighted above.

You have no doubt been very fortunate.

It should also be pointed out your EW is with Carmax iirc as you purchased car there. I doubt anyone else is in same situation as you with a Carmax EW.

But as you removed aftermarket parts, obviously you are well aware of your luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #90
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
You do realize that EW Companies must be contacted by whatever shop is performing repairi to get approval in advance and in the case of high dollar repairs, they often send out a representative to examine?

And for obvious reason, that threshold is lower for non-Dealer shops they do not have relationships with?

Very little difference between that and an Insurance Adjuster.

Not as invisible as you believe.
I’m not worried in the least!! I had the same thing ,all aftermarket parts removed on my mitsu by the shop and with the extended warranty
Mitsubishi replaced my whole engine with a factory replacement.

I’ve had two friends of mines have full mods on their AMG E55 kompressors. The engines blew due to tune and were replaced after all mods were removed.
      10-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #91
afranke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Quote:
Key parts highlighted above.

You have no doubt been very fortunate.

It should also be pointed out your EW is with Carmax iirc as you purchased car there. I doubt anyone else is in same situation as you with a Carmax EW.

But as you removed aftermarket parts, obviously you are well aware of your luck.
No luck about it, that was the plan from the start. I paid for that labor, but it's certainly cheaper overall.
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 (335ih) • N55 PWG • Meisterschaft GT catback • Wagner tuning catless DP and Stage 2 Evo Comp Intercooler • ER chargepipes • CTS intake • io2V3 O2 simulator • Pure Stage 2 turbo with high-flow inlet and DV upgrade • Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP • JB4 ISO firmware • Fuel-It DIY PI Kit • bootmod3 •
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #92
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Quote:
You do realize that EW Companies must be contacted by whatever shop is performing repairi to get approval in advance and in the case of high dollar repairs, they often send out a representative to examine?

And for obvious reason, that threshold is lower for non-Dealer shops they do not have relationships with?

Very little difference between that and an Insurance Adjuster.

Not as invisible as you believe.
I'm not worried in the least!! I had the same thing ,all aftermarket parts removed on my mitsu by the shop and with the extended warranty
Mitsubishi replaced my whole engine with a factory replacement.

I've had two friends of mines have full mods on their AMG E55 kompressors. The engines blew due to tune and were replaced after all mods were removed.
Who do you think the manufacturers pass on the cost of those replacement engines to?
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #93
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
You can do whatever your heart desires with your car. I have no problem with that as long as you don't try to make a warranty claim when it's reasonable to suspect your aftermarket modification was partly to blame. I don't want your failures to negatively impact the purchase price for my next BMW.
That does not affect the prices of BMWs going up! And if it does it is what it is!
Please ,Not gonna happen!! Cmon!
You think folks are really gonna listen to your post? If folks can get away with it they will. FACTS!

Modded or not chances are you buy a new or second hand sports car you are gonna beat the life out of it. The dealer will always try to find a way to blame you for the damage I find and beat you on the warranty. Its happened to me twice and my car only has a CP and FMIC. Even before I modded my car they blamed me for something that should have been covered by warranty and gouged my insurance company. BMW and their dealers are no Angels! So screw them!!

VTT Single big turbo going on my car when available and I have 4 years left on warranty. If something breaks I will take it to a mechanic that will honor my extended warranty. SIMPLE!

BMW and dealers make plenty of $$ through maintenance and service. Car sales is secondary.
So basically your conscience is fine being a lying scumbag. Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for at least being honest about it.

You can say that dealers are no angels, but, keep in mind that It's attitudes and m.o.s like yours that make some dealers take a hard line on mods; no matter how minor. That's why the guy that has the aftermarket charge pipe gets told "sorry, you've modded the car, we can't help you"; even though the dealer has probably replaced 20 failed stock plastic charge pipes in the last 12 months.

With regards to the attitude of "well they're making tons of money, so screw them", the Waltons are worth billions; so by your logic it's acceptable to shoplift at a Walmart or Sams.
Appreciate 5
Polo088161593.50
F32Fleet3541.00
IK6SPEED4484.50
Poochie9100.00
      10-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #94
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
So basically your conscience is fine being a lying scumbag. Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for at least being honest about it.

You can say that dealers are no angels, but, keep in mind that It's attitudes and m.o.s like yours that make some dealers take a hard line on mods; no matter how minor. That's why the guy that has the aftermarket charge pipe gets told "sorry, you've modded the car, we can't help you"; even though the dealer has probably replaced 20 failed stock plastic charge pipes in the last 12 months.

With regards to the attitude of "well they're making tons of money, so screw them", the Waltons are worth billions; so by your logic it's acceptable to shoplift at a Walmart or Sams.
While I am reminded of this weekly on the forum as people talk about the “stealerships” and how they cheat them (actually cheating BMW but I digress)....

I’ve learned that I can not control how honest others are.

I can only control how honest I am.

I can only hope karma pays off.
Appreciate 2
      10-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #95
Dheeth-G80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
I'm sorry, but I must:

Of ≠ Have

Regards,
Grammar Nazi
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 06:48 PM   #96
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:

First off I take my stance because the dealers also are to blame for why people do what they do. At least in my case.

There are also times the mods have not caused said damage to the engine and the consumer gets blamed as well so if I know I did not cause the damage nor the mods put on the car caused the issue and the engine blows I am perfectly fine with the engine being replaced on the dealers tab. NO PROBLEMA!!

The two examples I gave were extreme and I have seen it happen and they got covered. That is what I am saying. And yes Screw the dealer because TWICE they screwed me over for tons of money and thats why I take my stance.

They tried to gouge my insurance company like a corrupt Dr. stealing and overcharging my Health insurance So please go cry me a FUCKING river somewhere else.

Between the dealers and the financiers the dealers try to force you to use, they make Billions off of Lies,leases,warranties and robbing insurance companies which make our premiums go up! So who is the Fuckin Scumbbag douche boy!

Last edited by ceedawg; 10-31-2018 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #97
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by afranke View Post
No luck about it, that was the plan from the start. I paid for that labor, but it's certainly cheaper overall.
I'd say you are lucky. The whole bill would have been yours to pay had the inspector bothered scanning the car thoroughly. But we all know the risks in this game
      10-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #98
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Would I lie to my dealer over a 1000usd warranty claim caused by my modifications - probably not. 5000usd hell yeah - that is a lot of money!!!
ceedawg466.00
      10-31-2018, 09:15 PM   #99
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

First off I take my stance because the dealers also are to blame for why people do what they do. At least in my case.

There are also times the mods have not caused said damage to the engine and the consumer gets blamed as well so if I know I did not cause the damage nor the mods put on the car caused the issue and the engine blows I am perfectly fine with the engine being replaced on the dealers tab. NO PROBLEMA!!

The two examples I gave were extreme and I have seen it happen and they got covered. That is what I am saying. And yes Screw the dealer because TWICE they screwed me over for tons of money and thats why I take my stance.

They tried to gouge my insurance company like a corrupt Dr. stealing and overcharging my Health insurance So please go cry me a FUCKING river somewhere else.

Between the dealers and the financiers the dealers try to force you to use, they make Billions off of Lies,leases,warranties and robbing insurance companies which make our premiums go up! So who is the Fuckin Scumbbag douche boy!
You're a Stud. Keep on keeping on.

Hope Karma doesn't come to bite you in the ass one day......it usually does.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 10:39 PM   #100
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Would I lie to my dealer over a 1000usd warranty claim caused by my modifications - probably not. 5000usd hell yeah - that is a lot of money!!!
Again, reminds me of the old joke.

Walks up to stunning model. I’ll pay you $1,000,000 USD to sleep with me.

Model: Ok...

On second thought, I’ll pay you $10 USD.

Model: What do you think I am?

We’ve already determined that. Now we are just negotiating price.
Appreciate 3
amw896582.50
_bdiddyb_215.00
Poochie9100.00
      11-01-2018, 01:49 AM   #101
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Again, reminds me of the old joke.

Walks up to stunning model. I’ll pay you $1,000,000 USD to sleep with me.

Model: Ok...

On second thought, I’ll pay you $10 USD.

Model: What do you think I am?

We’ve already determined that. Now we are just negotiating price.
That is by FAR the funniest thing I've ever seen you write!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 02:46 AM   #102
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Let me tell you, BMW have become a bunch of f*cking assholes. They denied my engine replacement because I had a catted downpipe on my car. They believed that since I had the catted downpipe and since my car was coded (to fold the damn mirrors when I lock the door), both of those factors caused an internal cylinder wall to get damaged. Best part is, I was on eco pro on the highway going 70mph on the way to work when the car randomly misfired and went to hell. Never tracked the car or raced it and I launched it maybe 5 times in total.

I called BMWNA about 10-15 times and they would not give me a single piece of information on the month long thorough "diagnostics" that they conducted to come up with the conclusion they gave me. All they said was that it'd be roughly $20k for the repair. Obviously no sane person would cough that money up. Even if I had that money to cough up at a moment's notice, it sure as hell wouldn't have gone to the scums at BMW. They're full of shit.
      11-01-2018, 05:30 AM   #103
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post
Let me tell you, BMW have become a bunch of f*cking assholes. They denied my engine replacement because I had a catted downpipe on my car. They believed that since I had the catted downpipe and since my car was coded (to fold the damn mirrors when I lock the door), both of those factors caused an internal cylinder wall to get damaged. Best part is, I was on eco pro on the highway going 70mph on the way to work when the car randomly misfired and went to hell. Never tracked the car or raced it and I launched it maybe 5 times in total.

I called BMWNA about 10-15 times and they would not give me a single piece of information on the month long thorough "diagnostics" that they conducted to come up with the conclusion they gave me. All they said was that it'd be roughly $20k for the repair. Obviously no sane person would cough that money up. Even if I had that money to cough up at a moment's notice, it sure as hell wouldn't have gone to the scums at BMW. They're full of shit.
You had a catted downpipe on the car, but did you also have a tune?
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2018, 05:49 AM   #104
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:

SMH Karma gets us all every single day good and bad everyone!!

Sounds like you have experience with bad Karma! So stop your stupid little spiritual rant. Stop judging folks and READ! I have not done anything that you would call dishonest but I know folks who have. If I am in that situation I have no problem making that call and I won't sit here worrying about it either.

Maybe you need to be introspective about your perfect non perfect life and follow your karma rant in entirety as it would apply to you.. Lol.

Now carry your ass on and stop making me the most important part of your day. I am blessed more than you would ever know or care to know!

Last edited by ceedawg; 11-01-2018 at 05:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #105
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post

They are a bunch of dishonest opportunist thieves. Not only that I notice they will also try to find anything thing they can wrong with your car in service to try and talk you into spending obscene amounts of money on dumb shit.they try to convince you they need.

I have an inside source that does collision work for a dealer but listen to this! My car got hit in the rear by some clown using his cell phone. Fortunately bumper only had some cosmetic damage.
Brought the car to the dealer to get repaired and went through the guys insurance.
The dealer quoted 5k to fix the bumper which only had a noticeable le scratch. They claimed the number and reinforcement had to be replaced on top of the bumper cameras which still worked and the trunk replaced.

I said what the hell! Just paint the bumper!! Guy tells me dont worey we will take care of it.
Anyway my source tells me all they did was paint the bumper,never replaced anything and charged the insurance company 5k. If I took the vehicle to an Indy body shop at most the damage was 750.00.

The dealer also got over 7k from my insurance and please do not let me explain that story!
      11-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #106
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

SMH Karma gets us all every single day good and bad everyone!!

Sounds like you have experience with bad Karma! So stop your stupid little spiritual rant. Stop judging folks and READ! I have not done anything that you would call dishonest but I know folks who have. If I am in that situation I have no problem making that call and I won't sit here worrying about it either.

Maybe you need to be introspective about your perfect non perfect life and follow your karma rant in entirety as it would apply to you.. Lol.

Now carry your ass on and stop making me the most important part of your day. I am blessed more than you would ever know or care to know!
You're right! I wouldn't care to know anything more about a $hitbird like you. Nor would I ever assume to know anything about you (unlike you; about me). My response is based on what you've outlined as your perspective in dealing with Dealers i.e. your own words in the thread.

What I DO know is that I'm smart enough to not pool all Dealers into a single category; unlike you.

You next move > Follow-up with an immature retort; perhaps with a childish emoji.

My next move > Ignore your move, above.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #107
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
You're right! I wouldn't care to know anything more about a $hitbird like you. Nor would I ever assume to know anything about you (unlike you; about me). My response is based on what you've outlined as your perspective in dealing with Dealers i.e. your own words in the thread.

What I DO know is that I'm smart enough to not pool all Dealers into a single category; unlike you.

You next move > Follow-up with an immature retort; perhaps with a childish emoji.

My next move > Ignore your move, above.
Im the Scumbag and shitbird and also immature? Lol Dude you're a riot! Move on with your life CLOWN! E thuggin will get you no where. Now move along young blood!! Move along!!
      11-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #108
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

LOL. "E thuggin "
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #109
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

I'm not gonna lie, I liked the "E thinggin" comment as well. I've never heard the term, but I immediately knew what he meant... Anyway, this post was about warranty claims and mods.
Appreciate 0