F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF Chargepipe Issues
Studio RSR

09-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
AsianBill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive

VRSF Chargepipe Issues

I read a forum on here a while back about fitment issues with the chargepipe from VRSF. I haven't heard from anyone at the company in weeks about sending out my replacement, and my emails have been ignored. Has anyone that had issues received their replacements yet? I'm worried as it's been a month since I tried to have the pipe installed, and nothing has happened since.

CD919 Custom E40/flex fuel tune | catless downpipe | TU Pump | XHP Stage 3 | MHD flexfuel kit
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
Killakittie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M-Sport 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianBill View Post
I read a forum on here a while back about fitment issues with the chargepipe from VRSF. I haven't heard from anyone at the company in weeks about sending out my replacement, and my emails have been ignored. Has anyone that had issues received their replacements yet? I'm worried as it's been a month since I tried to have the pipe installed, and nothing has happened since.
Nope, I returned my Charge Pipe 8/2/2018 and haven't heard anything since. There was a nice informative thread about the VRSF Charge Pipe/ IC fitment issues but it was conveniently deleted. It's clear someone doesn't want any bad press about some of the sponsors around here and the general attitude has been annoyance or attitude that i have voiced my concerns about a product that was sold to me that flat out didn't fit.

I've been waiting over a month to get my refund so I could buy another CP...
      09-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

That thread got deleted!? Serious shame on the moderators or whoever deletes threads and on VRSF for trying to cover it up. If their product blows (which apparently the DP and CP do), they have to fix the product not wipe the internet clean of any and everyone talking about it. Pathetic, and angering.

While Tiago was good to me with my DP issues, he's the only one on here I know thats with VRSF so: Tiago@VRSF. Just so they can see it

Regarding your guys' returns, I really hope they get to you eventually.
      09-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
AsianBill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post

That thread got deleted!? Serious shame on the moderators or whoever deletes threads and on VRSF for trying to cover it up. If their product blows (which apparently the DP and CP do), they have to fix the product not wipe the internet clean of any and everyone talking about it. Pathetic, and angering.

While Tiago was good to me with my DP issues, he's the only one on here I know thats with VRSF so: Tiago@VRSF. Just so they can see it

Regarding your guys' returns, I really hope they get to you eventually.
It's ridiculous. Really hoping Tiago replies here to set the record straight since he is the one I spoke to, and told me that I would be getting a replacement piece. I was supposed to have the piece late July early August. Still haven't heard anything since they said they were making the new pipes. Tiago@VRSF I really hope you can help me out here since it's been a while

CD919 Custom E40/flex fuel tune | catless downpipe | TU Pump | XHP Stage 3 | MHD flexfuel kit
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianBill View Post
It's ridiculous. Really hoping Tiago replies here to set the record straight since he is the one I spoke to, and told me that I would be getting a replacement piece. I was supposed to have the piece late July early August. Still haven't heard anything since they said they were making the new pipes. Tiago@VRSF I really hope you can help me out here since it's been a while
I think it's about time people just stop buying VRSF all together, at least until they can prove they made a drastic change.
      09-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Huh... I feel like I know which thread you guys were talking about but couldn't find it either. I did look and these are the only two that sort of talk about it but not in the capacity like the one you're talking about. Hard to think someone would delete it but I'd be interested nonetheless to hear something from a mod or Tiago.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...highlight=VRSF
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...highlight=VRSF

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #7
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yah, I know the thread and I definitely can't find it anymore. I went through my own post history and couldn't find it there either. I think it was about their DP but not entirely sure. I have trouble believing it was deleted too but...
      09-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #8
ejsanto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I thought they were releasing a new charge pipe design and refunding the people who bought the previous version. Wonder why they would delete a helpful post addressing the issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #9
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsanto View Post
I thought they were releasing a new charge pipe design and refunding the people who bought the previous version. Wonder why they would delete a helpful post addressing the issue.
Could be a turn-off for some people. From a business standpoint, between having a customer who orders your revised product vs. one who sees your older faulty product and even though you released a revised one, which one would you want? It's possible that they still see the older part as a failure on your part to do proper QA and who says that this new product is perfect? What if it's another part doomed to yet another revision?

Might seem far-fetched, as most of us understand that mistakes happen, but there are a lot of people out there that wouldn't even think that deep. (and think about it, we don't consider that type of thinking as deep, if that helps paint the picture.)

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #10
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List

I believe that post was started by rackjuediger. He got a refund from Top Gear Solutions. I had same issue and got a refund from Extreme Powerhouse. I was told by a VRSF rep that a special gasket to make the current model fit was shipping with current versions while the corrected fitment issue which was a couple weeks away. I really wanted to give them a chance because the new VRSF FMIC design is pretty darn good quality and performs great. And quite honestly they had fitment issues with the original FMIC, said they were correcting them, and in the end they actually did and made it HD too while keeping costs the same....so why not have a little faith they will correct the CP as stated...right?

Anyway I couldn't wait so I order the brushed ER for $80 more. Fitment is spot on and actually tighter than stock. The only complaint is with the auto trans vacuum nipple. I could not get the fitting to "snap" in place like the stock or VRSF CP. And NO, there is no paint buildup on the nipple. I masked every machined surface perfectly, there is no paint where parts mate. Anyway I forced it on till it bottomed out on the nipple flange and keep checking it daily. So far it hasn't popped off. I'm flashing BM3 this week which will increase boost so I'll keep checking. I painted it with high heat enamel because bare aluminum will oxidize.

Here is a link to the fitment video I made of stock CP.

Here is a video of VRSF CP I received in June 2018.

There's practically no movement with the ER pipe. No video but here's pics.
Attached Images

║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301997.00
      09-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #11
rackjuediger
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i 6mt

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Just do yourself a favor and go ER. Installed mine a few days ago after attempting the VRSF one. They kept playing with my time on a revision and eventually I just had enough. I was the one who started that thread that got VRsF attention and it got deleted:
Bimmerworld, H
Appreciate 3
Noelified226.50
BunkerJ1032.00
s3ri3s1185.50
      09-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #12
Killakittie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M-Sport 330i

Thank you bro's for posting up and clarifying what i was saying...Again awesome video showing the fitment issues with the VRSF chargepipe...

Thanks for providing this info for everyone to see.,
      09-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #13
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
One of the issues I have. Eventually had to wedge a flat head in the slots on the charge pipe to try to pull the intercooler in enough so that the clip slid in. I have no idea what I'm going to do if I ever need to remove the connection because it's in there pretty damn tight.

Probably eventually going to drop it for a different intercooler at some point
Appreciate 1
Noelified226.50
      09-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #14
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackjuediger View Post
Just do yourself a favor and go ER. Installed mine a few days ago after attempting the VRSF one. They kept playing with my time on a revision and eventually I just had enough. I was the one who started that thread that got VRsF attention and it got deleted:
I just want to know why it got deleted. Were you notified by a mod or admin?

Appreciate 1
rjd_F301997.00
      09-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #15
rackjuediger
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i 6mt

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
I just want to know why it got deleted. Were you notified by a mod or admin?
Nope. Just one of those conspiracies I guess LOL. I guess VRSF didn't like the publicity and got it removed
Bimmerworld, H
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #16
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nope. Just one of those conspiracies I guess LOL. I guess VRSF didn't like the publicity and got it removed
While I can understand having a post removed if it inaccurately portrays the company or is slanderous but as far as I understand, it was just about the fact that their CPs didn't fit and despite promises of revisions, most haven't gotten them? I mean, revision for CPs, revisions for the FMIC... Their customers have a right to complain about the terrible fitment and constant revisions. For an Admin/Mod to remove the post and not even notify you is worrisome in my opinion. In addition to that, they could've locked the thread if they thought it was going to spiral out of control.

Appreciate 1
      09-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #17
s3ri3s1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 328

So how long until this post "disappears"? Maybe we should start calling it the charge pipe that shall not be named.
Appreciate 1
BunkerJ1032.00
      09-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #18
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ri3s1 View Post
So how long until this post "disappears"? Maybe we should start calling it the charge pipe that shall not be named.
Chargepipe? What chargepipe? Never heard of her...

Appreciate 2
      09-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #19
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
One of the issues I have. Eventually had to wedge a flat head in the slots on the charge pipe to try to pull the intercooler in enough so that the clip slid in. I have no idea what I'm going to do if I ever need to remove the connection because it's in there pretty damn tight.

Probably eventually going to drop it for a different intercooler at some point
Just out of curiosity, is it possible shipping damage occurred on the CP end of the FMIC? The way it rocked maybe it's out of round. How was the TIC fit? My VRSF HD fit was perfect.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #20
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ri3s1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Chargepipe? What chargepipe? Never heard of her...
....like a fart in the wind!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #21
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post
Just out of curiosity, is it possible shipping damage occurred on the CP end of the FMIC? The way it rocked maybe it's out of round. How was the TIC fit? My VRSF HD fit was perfect.
Which revision did you get? All I know is that both CP and FMIC needed revisions due to it not being OEM spec. I'm sure you could guess as to why it came out that way but this is why I'm more supportive of companies who take the time to conduct R&D, test fitment for all vehicles they promise it will fit, and run it through a more vigorous QA. It's possible VRSF does this now and if they do, by all means, good on them. I think more transparency would be appreciated here. If their plan was to make it fit OEM specs (which it should) and that failed, it's not hard to accept that as such and make up for it on the back-end if need be.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post
Nope, box was in perfect shape.

The charge pipe was a 2nd one that was sent to me becayse the original had a bad paint job and terrible welds.

I have a thread floating around here somewhere with my experience.
Appreciate 0