F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

04-29-2017, 12:13 AM   #45
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR
Have you guys tried enabling debug mode on your phone? From the videos I've seen on YouTube they seem to be enabling debug on the phone but can't tell cuz the resolution on the videos was crappy.
yeah, I have that running and will try the two listed apps (now installed) tomorrow.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 12:03 AM   #46
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
yeah, I have that running and will try the two listed apps (now installed) tomorrow.
Raichean

Ive got the usb mirror link working with Avin's help. First u need to install an update to the 10.25 screen. Once done u enable the usb debug and connect your phone to the usb. Switch to mtp if it is not. Select easyconnect software. Select the extreme left tile which is to connect phone and screen with usb.

After which u will see the android robot appearing on the phone and screen. Its an indication the 2 are connected. It will also install 2 applications into your phone. Allow that. After which. Bingo mirror link is successful. Refer to // // as shared by Avin below. Hope it helps.

However, im still unable to have the android auto mirror link via bluetooth. It can only work with usb. Im still figuring how auto connect via bluetooth can be made possible after the first setup.

//
You will need to first update the monitor before this can work.

This update has a fix that will allow you to mirror Android phone to the monitor.

You will need one USB flash drive formatted FAT32 to complete the system software update.

1. Download the system software update in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/a/avinusa.com/file/d/0B5csZBhSUqg2N2tOSkN1d0t4ZzQ/view?usp=sharing

2. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the "update.img" file to your USB flash drive.

3. Plug in your USB flash drive into the USB port behind the monitor.

4. There should be a popup screen asking if you want to install the update. Click install.

5. You will see a green robot on your screen with the update progress.

6. DO NOT turn off your car or power off during the update process.

7. After the update is completed you will see the BMW boot logo at this time REMOVE the USB flash drive. If you do not remove the USB flash the update will repeat again and you dont want that.

8. The software update is now complete.

//
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #47
Zymon
Rep

Raichean

Just discovered this. Check out your bluetooth via the android screen. While I am able to hook up the bluetooth on my iphone and Android 7 huawei phone. When u made calls to the connected phone, calls out or tries to play music via bluetooth connection, there is no voice/music from your car ! Screens shows coming out/incoming calls though.

While trial an error. I only managed to have the connected phone ring once via the car speakers( the old Nokia ringtone should sound off your car speaker if there is an incoming call) . thats the only once when there is voice coming from the car speaker. Subsequently. It does not ring again though screen shows there is an incoming call. I tried swapping around the phones but never to get it work again.

However the stock bmw headunit bluetooth is working fine. For info I attempted to unpair from the bmw bluetooth to see if it is some software conflict. Can't make it work too.

Last edited by Zymon; 04-30-2017 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #48
fdalto
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

help with sound

Guys I have just installed a Android system exactly like yours and I dont get sound. My original car sound is OK but the android sound is not going to the speakers.

Does anyone know how to do it ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #49
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto
Guys I have just installed a Android system exactly like yours and I dont get sound. My original car sound is OK but the android sound is not going to the speakers.

Does anyone know how to do it ?

Thanks
did you move the green and black optical wires?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #50
fdalto
Rep

Yes I did

If I put on the radio it works, onboard USB works.

I think it would not work, the sound of the radio, if the optical fiber were wrong.

Do you think I should check the connection?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #51
jayman80
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive

I had this unit installed and I am not able to get BT audio to work at all. The screen shows that calls are going out, but i dont hear anything. As for audio streaming, it does not connect either even though my phone shows that it is connected. The original car BT does work.

Also, when the screen boots up, I get a split screen between the original radio and the other half showing fuel level (in metric units) and speed (in KM). any way to change this? I would ideally like full screen of either the original (when in original mode) or the new android screen. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #52
jayman80
Rep

Also, the screen mirroring is not great at all. I get a very small image and it only works via hard wire connection. Anyone able to fix that?

And side note, my network speeds are terrible when I try to download apps via hotspot (I have full bars in my area), but downloading stuff on my phone is pretty fast. Even when I test other devices using my hotspot, its way faster than the unit. Anyone else have this issue?

Trying to get the map data download, but just the app took like 30 mins. I feel like its dial up speeds.

Last edited by jayman80; 05-01-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #53
vitinvictor1
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

does anyone try to connect by bluetooth torque app?
I tried to find bluetooth menu on the android settings and dont appears..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #54
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80
I had this unit installed and I am not able to get BT audio to work at all. The screen shows that calls are going out, but i dont hear anything. As for audio streaming, it does not connect either even though my phone shows that it is connected. The original car BT does work.

Also, when the screen boots up, I get a split screen between the original radio and the other half showing fuel level (in metric units) and speed (in KM). any way to change this? I would ideally like full screen of either the original (when in original mode) or the new android screen. Thanks!
make sure your can bus setting is right.. I got that subscreen until I set my can bus set in settings. I picked the last one, the 11 X3, for my 14 F32.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #55
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
Also, the screen mirroring is not great at all. I get a very small image and it only works via hard wire connection. Anyone able to fix that?

And side note, my network speeds are terrible when I try to download apps via hotspot (I have full bars in my area), but downloading stuff on my phone is pretty fast. Even when I test other devices using my hotspot, its way faster than the unit. Anyone else have this issue?

Trying to get the map data download, but just the app took like 30 mins. I feel like its dial up speeds.
Hi same here . for mirror link on android. Can only work via hardwire . ive feedback to avin and asked for assistance. Rightfully the hardwired option is for 1st time setup only. Subsequently bluetooth connection for apps such as android auto should. Work.

For download speed. The set seems to only support to 2.4hz tethering and cannot connect to 5hz speed. I tried to set 2.4 on my phone and it connects. That could explain why the slowness.

For bt. Same. Screen shows connected ( wrong spelling on the word * connected* on the 10.25 screen. Not sure if u do notice). U need to del the paired device via the trash bin logo and re- pair. Likewise if u switxh device. Make sure that there is a need to del and re-pair the device and MOST importantly enter the password. Otherwise the screen though shows connected but your phone bt menu( check that physically! ) will show its not connected. For it to work u need to manually remove and re-pair. As long as there is no prompt for password. Its not going to get the mobile Connected via bt even though the screen said it is. Once connected. You can play songs via bt and make calls too

On my bmw hu. Bt will get auto connect without the need to re enter the pin.

I've feedback to avin as well. They are checking
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #56
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
make sure your can bus setting is right.. I got that subscreen until I set my can bus set in settings. I picked the last one, the 11 X3, for my 14 F32.
Will try this out. hope that it works.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #57
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
Hi same here . for mirror link on android. Can only work via hardwire . ive feedback to avin and asked for assistance. Rightfully the hardwired option is for 1st time setup only. Subsequently bluetooth connection for apps such as android auto should. Work.

For download speed. The set seems to only support to 2.4hz tethering and cannot connect to 5hz speed. I tried to set 2.4 on my phone and it connects. That could explain why the slowness.

For bt. Same. Screen shows connected ( wrong spelling on the word * connected* on the 10.25 screen. Not sure if u do notice). U need to del the paired device via the trash bin logo and re- pair. Likewise if u switxh device. Make sure that there is a need to del and re-pair the device and MOST importantly enter the password. Otherwise the screen though shows connected but your phone bt menu( check that physically! ) will show its not connected. For it to work u need to manually remove and re-pair. As long as there is no prompt for password. Its not going to get the mobile Connected via bt even though the screen said it is. Once connected. You can play songs via bt and make calls too

Are you able to download android auto on the unit? I have tried but it says that it is not compatible.

Will try to unpair and repair. but odd that it says that it is connected, but no audio for calls or audio streaming.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #58
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
How do I get to this screen? I thought it was under more settings, but I dont see it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #59
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
If you watch my linked video for review, you can see the whole walkthrough including the password to getting those settings. Its not under more settings, but the top level settings, and then can bus.

Right here
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #60
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Are you able to download android auto on the unit? I have tried but it says that it is not compatible.

Will try to unpair and repair. but odd that it says that it is connected, but no audio for calls or audio streaming.
I think its a bug issue for the bt connectivity. U check the connection via your mobile. It should show its unconnected unless u key in the pin.

The android auto is supposed to be downloaded onto your mobile and not the screen. You can use it with a car mount or project to a screen( if u have) via bt. First connection will be via usb. Some locations do notsupport android auto and u won't be getting via Google Play store. U need to download the apk file into your mobile. Try the link.
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #61
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
If you watch my linked video for review, you can see the whole walkthrough including the password to getting those settings. Its not under more settings, but the top level settings, and then can bus.

Right here
That did not work. I tried all options in that menu and non of them give me a full screen. They are all scrambled or disorted (think to the days of an old cable box). The only one that shows a non distorted/scrambled screen is the one where I have some odd screen split between the original car and the new.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #62
jayman80
Rep

Quote:

BT for calls only works for me if I am playing a CD. It will then auto switch to BT for calls. However, I have not been able to get audio to work at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #63
jayman80
Rep

I have also ran into issues with the Sygic nav. It worked for a day, and now it says that the subscription has expired and kicks me out.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #64
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
I think its a bug issue for the bt connectivity. U check the connection via your mobile. It should show its unconnected unless u key in the pin.

The android auto is supposed to be downloaded onto your mobile and not the screen. You can use it with a car mount or project to a screen( if u have) via bt. First connection will be via usb. Some locations do notsupport android auto and u won't be getting via Google Play store. U need to download the apk file into your mobile. Try the link.
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/
Which version did you download?

And would getting android auto and just using screen mirroring work better than sideloading?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #65
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
That did not work. I tried all options in that menu and non of them give me a full screen. They are all scrambled or disorted (think to the days of an old cable box). The only one that shows a non distorted/scrambled screen is the one where I have some odd screen split between the original car and the new.

Any thoughts?
That can bus section is for the original screen type. Mine is like yours, I really don't know if there is any way of changing it.

By the way
I got sound in the google maps app but no sound for music, thats really odd...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #66
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
I have also ran into issues with the Sygic nav. It worked for a day, and now it says that the subscription has expired and kicks me out.
Its 7 days free trial on the full package. Thereafter its limited function on offline map. Can buy the lifetime license if u need all the functions
Appreciate 0