F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Lease SwApp
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #67
Zymon
New Member
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
That can bus section is for the original screen type. Mine is like yours, I really don't know if there is any way of changing it.

By the way
I got sound in the google maps app but no sound for music, thats really odd...
Just a suggestion. Can u try to plug in a 3.5 mm jack into the aux located in your glove box. There is one that comes with this screen. The other end of th3 3.5mm cable can leave it free- bundle up nicely. Do it when car is off. After which turn on to see if it works.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #68
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
Its 7 days free trial on the full package. Thereafter its limited function on offline map. Can buy the lifetime license if u need all the functions
I only used it for 1 day.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #69
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
That can bus section is for the original screen type. Mine is like yours, I really don't know if there is any way of changing it.

By the way
I got sound in the google maps app but no sound for music, thats really odd...
I contacted Avin and they said that the split screen is the only way to prevent distortion and is the only option I have.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #70
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
I contacted Avin and they said that the split screen is the only way to prevent distortion and is the only option I have.
O have imagined that.

I will try the aux now...
Let's hope it works.
During my late trip the google maps sound was working ok and I could hear the spotfy músic while maps gives orders, but when the phrase ends the music stops together...

My cas has a CIC system and do not allow a blouethoot streaming, do you think it might be something with that ?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #71
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
Just a suggestion. Can u try to plug in a 3.5 mm jack into the aux located in your glove box. There is one that comes with this screen. The other end of th3 3.5mm cable can leave it free- bundle up nicely. Do it when car is off. After which turn on to see if it works.
I have just tried that, but no success
Also tried listening Avin sound with a CD playing but got no response

=\

I have to check all cables and installing, maybe one of the optical fibers is loose.

I don't really believe in that because car sound and google maps are working fine... how knows.

The sceeen is so amazing, I really want that sound goes ok...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #72
zcspec
Lieutenant
zcspec's Avatar
157
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: His: S3, Hers: X3 M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area & OC

iTrader: (0)

I am interested in this route and greatly appreciate you guys pioneering and working on resolving some of the known issues. There is a great deal of potential with this setup and I am looking forward to seeing the end result!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #73
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Still no luck in getting Android Auto working on my unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #74
BMW DIY Guy
Captain
451
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
That did not work. I tried all options in that menu and non of them give me a full screen. They are all scrambled or disorted (think to the days of an old cable box). The only one that shows a non distorted/scrambled screen is the one where I have some odd screen split between the original car and the new.

Any thoughts?
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #75
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
Splitted screen is normal for all 6inches bmw display (CIC)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #76
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

I think we should talk to people that makes coding to change screen resolution and try to change sound settings
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #77
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
I had the 6 inch screen i think. But according to AVIN, there is not fix for it. I tried all the CAN options.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #78
BMW DIY Guy
Captain
451
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80
Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
I had the 6 inch screen i think. But according to AVIN, there is not fix for it. I tried all the CAN options.
ah ok.. that isn't something I had seen coming from the 8.8 once I had my settings setup properly.
__________________
Check out my DIY Channel on YouTube!
F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Bimmer-tech, Pro Auto Motion, Active Autowerke, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites, Ignition Projects, Go Fast Bits and more!

** BMW DIY Guy **
Appreciate 1
jeffc83663.00

      05-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #79
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

And still no luck on Android Auto. anyone else have success?

Also I can get phone calls to work, but I still cant get BT audio to stream music from my phone, anyone have luck?

Another minor issue i have had is that the time format changes to 24 format regardless of how many times I go in and change the format to 12 hour format. Any ideas?

Finally, I have had some issues on the easy share screen popping up randomly. I am just listening to my radio and the easy share screen just pops up and tries to connect (phone is not hard wired or anything).

Wondering if I got a faulty unit or if this is par for the course?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #80
lesnica
Private First Class
21
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
And still no luck on Android Auto. anyone else have success?

Also I can get phone calls to work, but I still cant get BT audio to stream music from my phone, anyone have luck?

Another minor issue i have had is that the time format changes to 24 format regardless of how many times I go in and change the format to 12 hour format. Any ideas?

Finally, I have had some issues on the easy share screen popping up randomly. I am just listening to my radio and the easy share screen just pops up and tries to connect (phone is not hard wired or anything).

Wondering if I got a faulty unit or if this is par for the course?
Quick question for you, since you came from the 6in screen which results in you having split screen now, do you have split screen the whole time or just when you start up?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #81
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Quick question for you, since you came from the 6in screen which results in you having split screen now, do you have split screen the whole time or just when you start up?
I gess is only when using the original car system.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #82
fdalto
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
And still no luck on Android Auto. anyone else have success?
What do you mean "android auto" ?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #83
Zymon
New Member
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
I gess is only when using the original car system.
I did not change any setting on the cabus . isn't the split screen normal.? My buddy owning a f30 with 8.8 inch screen said it looks exactly like stock bmw UI. See attached which is mine. I thought it looks ok to me. I don't encounter any funny pixel or distortion from the onset
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Zymon; 05-09-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #84
Zymon
New Member
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
What do you mean "android auto" ?
Its an android software to be installed on any android phone that can project on thebscren via bluetooth. U can Google on it

I've feedback to avin. They are still sorting out. Waiting for them.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #85
Zymon
New Member
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

By the way, have anyone of u guys tried the sygic navi? It picks up the coordinate very slowly.

Also it cannot pin point the location of the car accurately. Will jump about randomly.

I tried using Google map via the screen with tethering to my phone data. Seems like also cannot pin point the location accurately. I have a feeling its hardware issue. That the gps antenna not strong enough. Where do u guys place the square piece of the end of the antenna. Hidden under dash or place on top of dash? Care to share on your experience with the sygic navi?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #86
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Quick question for you, since you came from the 6in screen which results in you having split screen now, do you have split screen the whole time or just when you start up?
Split screen only in the original car mode. And it starts up in split screen.

FWIW I was just given an android update file from AVIN in a google drive link. will see if this fixes it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #87
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
What do you mean "android auto" ?
Mirroring android auto from my phone to the screen on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #88
jayman80
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
By the way, have anyone of u guys tried the sygic navi? It picks up the coordinate very slowly.

Also it cannot pin point the location of the car accurately. Will jump about randomly.

I tried using Google map via the screen with tethering to my phone data. Seems like also cannot pin point the location accurately. I have a feeling its hardware issue. That the gps antenna not strong enough. Where do u guys place the square piece of the end of the antenna. Hidden under dash or place on top of dash? Care to share on your experience with the sygic navi?
Sygic works fine for me. My tethered connection is painfully slow. Would really like if Android Auto worked.

Still no luck on streaming audio from my phone. Anyone have luck?

Side note, does anyone know how to change the ring tone or ring tone volume when the phone is connected? It is super loud when i get a call regardless of how loud I have my volume on.

At this moment defaulting to the factory BT audio and phone.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST