F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone with the Active Auto Flash tune dyno there car yet?
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #133
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Excellent news!!!!!!

Did you order their Simon2 datalog cable?
No, still running Torque Pro for now, and also have a post on the TP forums asking if one of the PIDs is boost commanded.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #134
JaredG_F30
Major
JaredG_F30's Avatar
953
Rep
1,473
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

NICE!! I look forward to your new logs. See if you can post them on datazap to share..

https://datazap.me/

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
I just wanted to share the STELLAR support from AA. I have already gotten a detailed response and a new ECU build. My goal is to pull a new set of logs (non dyno) with the current build to pull some additional info, and then the same with the new build. I hope to get this done probably tomorrow afternoon.
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #135
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Will do..

related but tangential side note: Apparently AA has a ton of people talking with them and keep referencing "raichean's" logs or tune. *laugh* So that is an OLD gamer name for me and what I use just in general for forums, and also before I got so serious on project work here.

So.. I am going to change my user name to something more inline with my project work and what I am doing here.. so dont be surprised.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #136
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Like my youtube channel, I am now 'BMW DIY Guy' here. 8)
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 5
ceedawg435.50
oceanview185.00
1QuikWS61240.00
thug10820.50

      04-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #137
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
I fully second that.

Before buying a product you need to verify if it will match your expectations.
Mine for the tune where:
- No piggy back tune
- Tune of experienced BMW specialist
- No to low risk of getting into limp mode
- Driveability of the car as with stock. (No nervous behaving/shifting in the drinving modes)
- Good sound without being ridiculous
- Better throttle response, and more torque up to around 5000 rpm
- Easy flash back to stock
- Overall: a bit more power than with MPPK for a reasonable fair price.

And time will show:
- Durability

For me it is more important of how the tuned car behaves form like 1000 to 5500 rpm compared to the stock car. So it's not so much the top numbers of power and torque that counts for me, as I don't spend much time driving around at 6000 rpm.
It's about what I get in the range I use the car at most and for what price/consequence. (i.e. driveability, durability)

For the short time I drive the AA Flash tune (rest is stock) I'm very satisfied with what I got. It's matching my expectations!
If you have any dyno logs of your AA tune can you post here please,that is what this thread is all about,those with AA tunes post the dyno logs here ,thanks!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2

Last edited by ceedawg; 04-02-2018 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #138
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Will do..

related but tangential side note: Apparently AA has a ton of people talking with them and keep referencing "raichean's" logs or tune. *laugh* So that is an OLD gamer name for me and what I use just in general for forums, and also before I got so serious on project work here.

So.. I am going to change my user name to something more inline with my project work and what I am doing here.. so dont be surprised.
Keeping AA on their toes man! Gotta represent!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #139
oceanview
Lieutenant
oceanview's Avatar
Switzerland
185
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
If you have any dyno logs of your AA tune can you post here please,that is what this thread is all about,those with AA tunes post the dyno logs here ,thanks!
I don't plan to dyno.
However I have some "stock" logs of various driving situations done with the M Performance App and will do the "with AA" logs probably by Friday. So will be able to post those here.

like 0-100 km/h, 0-130 km/h, 60-120 km/h (in mph as well)
__________________
335i F31 RWD in SB | Active Autowerke Flash Tune | 18" M-Perf Brake orange | 20" 405M | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips | Rear M-Diffusor | Wiechers Strut Bar | Finally done: AA Charge Pipe, AA FMIC, GFB DV+
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #140
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
I don't plan to dyno.
However I have some "before" AA logs of various driving situations done with the M Performance App and will do the "with AA" logs probably by Friday. So will be able to post those here.

like 0-100 km/h, 0-130 km/h, 60-120 km/h (in mph as well)
Whatever you can show is perfectly fine. Sounds good!

I'm working on myself as well. Hopefully soon just been kind of observing and curious about those who have uploaded with their results.
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2

Last edited by ceedawg; 04-02-2018 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #141
JaredG_F30
Major
JaredG_F30's Avatar
953
Rep
1,473
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

do third or fourth gear pull from 2,500 to 7,000 rpm at WOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
I don't plan to dyno.
However I have some "stock" logs of various driving situations done with the M Performance App and will do the "with AA" logs probably by Friday. So will be able to post those here.

like 0-100 km/h, 0-130 km/h, 60-120 km/h (in mph as well)
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 1
ceedawg435.50

      04-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #142
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Ok.. a couple of updates.

I ran another set of logs with a few new values for AA, with the build that was on the dyno. I then updated with a new build that was sent to me, and will run more logs for analysis today.

Butt dyno? WOAH. Something is absolutely changed as my DSC fought me coming out of my residential street to keep the wheels from spinning in second. I cannot WAIT to see logs from this afternoon, especially if the boost is now past 15lbs.

Also just for fun, I put up a dyno run video on my youtube channel showing one of the runs, with the info we have already discussed here.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 1
ceedawg435.50

      04-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #143
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Good news ^
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #144
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11008
Rep
120,771
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Ok.. a couple of updates.

I ran another set of logs with a few new values for AA, with the build that was on the dyno. I then updated with a new build that was sent to me, and will run more logs for analysis today.

Butt dyno? WOAH. Something is absolutely changed as my DSC fought me coming out of my residential street to keep the wheels from spinning in second. I cannot WAIT to see logs from this afternoon, especially if the boost is now past 15lbs.

Also just for fun, I put up a dyno run video on my youtube channel showing one of the runs, with the info we have already discussed here.
Nice
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #145
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Nice
Guess we will be calling Nic in the AM!!!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #146
oceanview
Lieutenant
oceanview's Avatar
Switzerland
185
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Ok.. a couple of updates.

I ran another set of logs with a few new values for AA, with the build that was on the dyno. I then updated with a new build that was sent to me, and will run more logs for analysis today.
Could you please explain how logging has to be done with the Simon3 cable.
Is there a manual/ guide for it?

I could pull some logs as well then and send to the AA guys if they would like to have a look at them.

I'm not having any problems or concerns so far just personal intrest in the engine data.
__________________
335i F31 RWD in SB | Active Autowerke Flash Tune | 18" M-Perf Brake orange | 20" 405M | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips | Rear M-Diffusor | Wiechers Strut Bar | Finally done: AA Charge Pipe, AA FMIC, GFB DV+
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #147
GPM
Second Lieutenant
170
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Guess we will be calling Nic in the AM!!!
Which brings up a question. Is there any process, other individual email/phone calls to AA, for upgrading existing tunes when improvements are made? I don't see anything on their site regarding changes to tunes and I guess its a bit much to expect them to keep track of all tunes created and to go to the trouble of notifying everyone when updates are made.

I'm completely satisfied with the way my car is running, but, if it could be better yet, I'm sure interested.
__________________
Mineral Gray - Active Autowerke Stage 2 - MPerformance Suspension - VRSF CP - CTS Turbo IC - Catted Fabspeed - Akrapovic - HRE FF15
Appreciate 1
ceedawg435.50

      04-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #148
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Could you please explain how logging has to be done with the Simon3 cable.
Is there a manual/ guide for it?

I could pull some logs as well then and send to the AA guys if they would like to have a look at them.

I'm not having any problems or concerns so far just personal intrest in the engine data.
So there is no logging with the Simon3 cable that I am AWARE of.. I am using a Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor and Torque Pro running on my phone.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #149
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
1240
Rep
7,962
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (103)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Could you please explain how logging has to be done with the Simon3 cable.
Is there a manual/ guide for it?

I could pull some logs as well then and send to the AA guys if they would like to have a look at them.

I'm not having any problems or concerns so far just personal intrest in the engine data.
You can't data log with Simon3 - fairly sure he is using TorquePro App + OBD Adapter (which is what I use)

I know you can buy cheap $12 adapters off fleabay - but I don't trust coding my car with those (when using Bimmercode) + the one I have has VERY fast communication which is important for data logging multiple parameters at same time

I use:
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows - got it directly from mfg. & it was cheaper than on Amazon, immediate connect & never a dropped connection...







KEY FEATURES:
  • Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
  • BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
  • Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
  • Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
  • Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
  • Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
  • Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
  • Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
  • Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Leather Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK Sound+Musicar Stg3//763M Wheels//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AWE Tuning Exhaust w/CF Tips//Dinan CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-04-2018 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
ceedawg435.50

      04-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #150
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
1240
Rep
7,962
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (103)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Ok.. a couple of updates.

I ran another set of logs with a few new values for AA, with the build that was on the dyno. I then updated with a new build that was sent to me, and will run more logs for analysis today.

Butt dyno? WOAH. Something is absolutely changed as my DSC fought me coming out of my residential street to keep the wheels from spinning in second. I cannot WAIT to see logs from this afternoon, especially if the boost is now past 15lbs.

Also just for fun, I put up a dyno run video on my youtube channel showing one of the runs, with the info we have already discussed here.
What parameters are you logging?

Looks like I may have to do some logging on my own & see if there are any tweaks to my tune
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Leather Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK Sound+Musicar Stg3//763M Wheels//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AWE Tuning Exhaust w/CF Tips//Dinan CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #151
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
827
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
I am logging:

AFR commanded
AFR measured
Ambient Air temp
Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 1 (this is the new one I added)
Engine load absolute
Engine RPM
Fuel Rail Pressure
Fuel trim bank 1 short term
Intake Air Temp
Mass Air Flow Rate
Speed (OBD)
Timing Advance
Turbo Boost and Vacuum
Turbo Pressure Control (trying to figure out if this is boost commanded)
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61240.00

      04-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #152
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Could you please explain how logging has to be done with the Simon3 cable.
Is there a manual/ guide for it?

I could pull some logs as well then and send to the AA guys if they would like to have a look at them.

I'm not having any problems or concerns so far just personal intrest in the engine data.
You would have to purchase the cheaper Simon 2 cable from Mike to data log.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GPM View Post
Which brings up a question. Is there any process, other individual email/phone calls to AA, for upgrading existing tunes when improvements are made? I don't see anything on their site regarding changes to tunes and I guess its a bit much to expect them to keep track of all tunes created and to go to the trouble of notifying everyone when updates are made.

I'm completely satisfied with the way my car is running, but, if it could be better yet, I'm sure interested.
Great question ,I spoke to Nic about this and basically its word of mouth for now,this may change, but IMOP to market this thing right I think they need to at least announce that on the Forums like the rest of the tuners do. You can call to speak to Nic and voice this as I have already done. I think its a good thing to do. I am going to bring it back up to him again and perhaps mention it to Mike Extreme Powerhouse!
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=121

Mike answered!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2

Last edited by ceedawg; 04-04-2018 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
GPM170.00

      04-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #153
oceanview
Lieutenant
oceanview's Avatar
Switzerland
185
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I am logging:

AFR commanded
AFR measured
Ambient Air temp
Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 1 (this is the new one I added)
Engine load absolute
Engine RPM
Fuel Rail Pressure
Fuel trim bank 1 short term
Intake Air Temp
Mass Air Flow Rate
Speed (OBD)
Timing Advance
Turbo Boost and Vacuum
Turbo Pressure Control (trying to figure out if this is boost commanded)
Thanks to you and the others for responding.

I got the BMW Performance App and will see if I can log all those data as well. Haven't checked all the features yet.
https://drivedeck.de/driveanalyseren/

Otherwise will go to the mentioned solution with the other App and probably also need another Bluetooth ODB dongle working with that.
__________________
335i F31 RWD in SB | Active Autowerke Flash Tune | 18" M-Perf Brake orange | 20" 405M | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips | Rear M-Diffusor | Wiechers Strut Bar | Finally done: AA Charge Pipe, AA FMIC, GFB DV+
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #154
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,352
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
You can't data log with Simon3 - fairly sure he is using TorquePro App + OBD Adapter (which is what I use)

I know you can buy cheap $12 adapters off fleabay - but I don't trust coding my car with those (when using Bimmercode) + the one I have has VERY fast communication which is important for data logging multiple parameters at same time

I use:
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows - got it directly from mfg. & it was cheaper than on Amazon, immediate connect & never a dropped connection...







KEY FEATURES:
  • Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
  • BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
  • Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
  • Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
  • Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
  • Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
  • Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
  • Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
  • Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
This is neat!!I guess I can get this and compare it to the Simon 2 cable I am about to get for datalogging.
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST